Author Topic: Members' bikes  (Read 2454696 times)

Re: Members' bikes
« Reply #2600 on: 01 February, 2010, 03:53:59 pm »
What a splendid machine - i do like different.  :thumbsup:

Woofage

• Tofu-eating Wokerati
  • Ain't no hooves on my bike.
« Reply #2601 on: 01 February, 2010, 04:37:53 pm »

My wife's Madsen KG271 with a Christiania trike hood fitted.

That's really rather splendid. Much better than a separate trailer (I assume there are peeps on board?).
Pen Pusher

« Reply #2602 on: 01 February, 2010, 05:09:33 pm »
Great ! It looks like a covered wagon out of a western. Needs a few arrows sticking out of it.
Nice bike

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2603 on: 01 February, 2010, 05:10:23 pm »
'Two wheels on my waggon, but I'm still rollin' along...'
Getting there...

« Reply #2604 on: 02 February, 2010, 08:16:47 am »

That's really rather splendid. Much better than a separate trailer (I assume there are peeps on board?).

We think so, but can't say we're fans of trailers, simply because of the lack of interaction with the cargo. Our path has been Croozer 737 trailer, WeeRide Kangaroo seat, DeFietsFabriek 995 bakfiets, Bakfiets.NL Cargobike Long, Madsen KG271. We're keeping the bakfiets.nl.

Parking can be a problem. Our mate with the Croozer 535 is discussing a plannned move from trailer to bakfiets.

« Reply #2605 on: 02 February, 2010, 02:09:38 pm »
Classic "I just built it in my kitchen" shots.  Includes cat flap, kettle, fridge, used teabags and a clock showing that it is 10:53
Cotic Roadrat with drops, Alfine 8sp, V brakes, Marathon Plus, mudguards, generator hub

Try dropping the SQR as low down the seat post as possible. I found this makes the CofG lower and the bike doesn't "sway" as much when you're climbing out of the saddle.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2606 on: 03 February, 2010, 09:26:03 pm »
Not mine, but Superstoker received a biiiig parcel yesterday:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Getting there...

« Reply #2607 on: 03 February, 2010, 09:32:20 pm »

I see it has settled in nicely.
They're already sniffing each others wotsits.   :thumbsup:
Quote from: Marbeaux
Have given this a great deal of thought and decided not to contribute to any further Threads for the time being.
POTD. (decade) :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2608 on: 03 February, 2010, 09:34:09 pm »
There's another new bike in that stack, as there is an open frame Claud needing fettling for a niece.
Getting there...

« Reply #2609 on: 03 February, 2010, 09:37:27 pm »

Blimey! No wonder you had put newspaper down.
Quote from: Marbeaux
Have given this a great deal of thought and decided not to contribute to any further Threads for the time being.
POTD. (decade) :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2610 on: 03 February, 2010, 10:09:17 pm »
Nah.  I just thought they might want summat to read.
Getting there...

« Reply #2611 on: 06 February, 2010, 04:16:41 pm »
My winter training bike has just received some well overdue attention. It's generally neglected compared to others in the stable, so I felt that it deserved a photo in a rare clean state.

Robert Bloxham

« Reply #2612 on: 07 February, 2010, 06:50:01 am »
Hi Spacebadger, I had a GT ZR2000 a bit like yours, it had a lovely set of wheels built by friend , Tifosi carbon forks, Shimano Flightdeck computer, mudguards with lovingly crafted mudflaps grafted on, in fact every single bit had been upgraded...
...it was so nice in fact, that some thieving b****rd, ratbag, scumsucking git removed it from my garage one night last year, only had household insurance so managed to claim £300.

I feel much better for sharing that!

« Reply #2613 on: 07 February, 2010, 08:05:27 am »
That's a real shame.

Mine (a 1996 or 1997 GT ZR4000) has served me well over the years. It was my first proper road bike back when I was just an MTB rider, and has slowly fallen down the pecking order as others have arrived. The ride can be a little harsh  - my budget couldn't stretch to the ZR3000 at the time, which I remember had carbon forks - but as a winter steed, it's fine. Mudguard clearanace is just about enough, but it's tight.

It often gets mistaken for a Ribble at first glance since I had it powder coated, but the triple triangle frame is the dead giveaway.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2614 on: 07 February, 2010, 08:08:30 am »
It has a good powdercoat job too - some of them can be really orange-peely.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

LEE

« Reply #2615 on: 07 February, 2010, 06:30:55 pm »
I've had the chance to really test my Condor Fratello now.  Since I got it in October 2009 I've ridden it a lot locally and have done 4 rides of over 100 miles on it.

I swapped the bars soon after I bought it as I really like Nitto "Noodle" bars.

I love it, it's very comfy and seems to be the perfect Audax bike for me. 

It's now been fitted with a Tortec Ultralite rack and Creek-2-Peak rackpack.  This photo is what I'd describe as Bryan Chapman 600 mode (actually on my perm 200km yesterday). During summer I'd usually ditch the rack and use a small "Barley" saddlebag

« Reply #2616 on: 08 February, 2010, 04:23:13 pm »
My new bike is here  :thumbsup:
Actually it was here on Saturday, after a trip up to Byercycles (top shop and lovely people to deal with btw)to collect it.
I havent been out on it yet, I am waiting for a different bracket for my Lumotec IQ, plus the roads are pretty mucky right now  :(

« Reply #2617 on: 11 February, 2010, 05:31:06 pm »

Note the new USE Alien blue seat post.  Installed just now.

Chris N

« Reply #2618 on: 11 February, 2010, 05:42:10 pm »

« Reply #2619 on: 11 February, 2010, 06:59:16 pm »
Mmmm  ;D

What about blue tyres instead?  I can't seem to find any decent ones for puncture resistance though.

« Reply #2620 on: 11 February, 2010, 09:25:07 pm »
Actually it was here on Saturday, after a trip up to Byercycles (top shop and lovely people to deal with btw)to collect it.
I havent been out on it yet, I am waiting for a different bracket for my Lumotec IQ, plus the roads are pretty mucky right now  :(

Supertourist?

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #2621 on: 12 February, 2010, 06:20:01 am »
Mmmm  ;D

What about blue tyres instead?  I can't seem to find any decent ones for puncture resistance though.

Conti GP4000s come in blue - but only 23s I think

PaulF

• "World's Scariest Barman"
  • It's only impossible if you stop to think about it
« Reply #2622 on: 12 February, 2010, 09:18:22 am »
Well here we have the bastard offspring of a Dawes SST and a Roadrat:

http://]http://www.flickr.com/photos/36022173@N08/4350239193/

Fitted a Roadrat fork and Avid BB7 disc brake. Handling is as good as it was with the curved fork perhaps better (but maybe that's because I want it to be :-\) and braking is superb discs are definitely the way forward - in the dry a good rim brake is as much as is needed but when it gets wet the disc inspires far more confidence.

onb

• Between jobs at present
« Reply #2623 on: 12 February, 2010, 09:39:10 am »

Just about the finished article although I would like a lower geared chainset when funds allow.Quite a forum effort here ,frame from Wowbagger ,wheels from Charlotte ,guards from Gene Hunt ,rest I had apart from the stem and the tyres which are Speediums and quite impressive considering their price.They do feel more like 28s than 25s .A bike for going to town on born out of my paranoia when leaving others unattended.

« Reply #2624 on: 12 February, 2010, 04:02:47 pm »

Supertourist?

It is indeed, and I am very pleased with it thus far.
More pictures soon  :thumbsup: