Author Topic: Freecycle people - amazing!  (Read 1483 times)

Si

Freecycle people - amazing!
« on: 23 May, 2008, 07:40:51 pm »
Carrying on from the comments I made elsewhere on yACF regarding freecycle and the criteria that I was going to post in my next offer I came up with the following:

I'm re-offering the below due to no-shows (before answering please read the conditions I've included at the bottom).

<snipped detail of offer>

I will base my decision on the following:
People that can convince me that they will turn up!
Someone who can collect around 4pm next Wednesday.
Someone who will take all three items in one go - but feel free to pass on the ones that you don't want.
Someone who is local-ish will get preference - all else being equal, after all we are trying to help the environment so cutting down on fuel used is good (or someone who can collect under none ICE power).
People that respond using  reasonable English grammar and spelling - you don't have to be perfect (lord knows, mine's not) but at least an attempt at correct capitalisation and defiantly no text speak or leet.  Yes this does make me sound a bit pedantic but after reading the dross that my under-grads have handed in I'd like to read something that doesn't give me red-pen-rage ;-)
A "please" and "thank you" might be nice too!

Many thanks for reading my ramblings and have a good bank holiday!

At least half the replies were typified by:

if still got wjhen can i collect thank u

There was even one from someone working at a school that was similar - not one of the teaching staff I hope!

But I think that I will give them to the person that began...

Good morrow Mr Simon sir,

..and carried on in the same flowery way.  ;D

Oh well, it was a fun exercise anyway!

Re: Freecycle people - amazing!
« Reply #1 on: 23 May, 2008, 10:55:36 pm »
I love it. :)

P.S. "defiantly" :)
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

tonycollinet

• No Longer a western province of NĂºmenor
« Reply #2 on: 24 May, 2008, 10:22:55 am »
Can I borrow that for my next offering?

« Reply #3 on: 25 May, 2008, 02:54:54 am »
I've just finished laying the new laminate floor that I got for our front room from Freecycle.
I had to drive to Southfields to remove the entire floor and then spent 2 days with loads of bits of paper and sticky tape working out which planks I could cut down in order to get the floor laid. The room it came from was only a bit bigger than the room it went into. Still it was a fun exercise and it looks good.

I love Freecycle.

« Reply #4 on: 25 May, 2008, 09:20:19 am »
I've just finished laying the new laminate floor that I got for our front room from Freecycle.
I had to drive to Southfields to remove the entire floor and then spent 2 days with loads of bits of paper and sticky tape working out which planks I could cut down in order to get the floor laid. The room it came from was only a bit bigger than the room it went into. Still it was a fun exercise and it looks good.

I love Freecycle.

That's really cool. I wish Mr Mac or I were as handy at this kind of thing.

Si

« Reply #5 on: 28 May, 2008, 02:05:48 pm »
I've another criteria to add to my list:

Preference will be given to people who aren't nine months pregnant.

I'm afraid that we won't be collecting the offer from you after all today as our waters have just broken.

Just glad that they were on the way rather than on the door step!

« Reply #6 on: 28 May, 2008, 02:14:20 pm »
Selfish gits!

Si

« Reply #7 on: 28 May, 2008, 06:40:34 pm »
Selfish gits!

Indeed, I hope that they are going to at least neame the baby after me to make up for this inconvenience.

Actually I'm quite surprised that having had his partner go into labour  he made time to email me to say that they wouldn't make it...it wouldn't have been the first thing on my mind!

« Reply #8 on: 28 May, 2008, 06:42:15 pm »
Prolly thinking about anything except the main event,
Stropping rocks