Author Topic: Anyone here?  (Read 1485 times)

Anyone here?
« on: 25 August, 2011, 09:27:14 pm »
Recumbent bike, OSS, turning right from Bootham into St Leonard's Place.

Hair in a ponytail, so I think a lady? Panniers with some yellow detailing on the back. No YACF top or anything, but you never know.

I was a little way back, and turning off up Petergate, so didn't get a chance to say hello.
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

Arellcat

• Velonautte
Re: Anyone here?
« Reply #1 on: 27 August, 2011, 07:54:12 pm »
I think that must've been me, Arch!  I was back in York for a few days' break and had just come into town along the A19 from Skelton (having earlier arrived back at the station from a trip to Shildon, and then following NCN65 out for an early evening potter).

Panniers were my yellow Arkel RT40s hanging off my P-38.  :thumbsup:  I'd've said hello if I'd seen you!
Quote from: Morningsider
I like that you think any of your conveyances might qualify as "a disguise".

« Reply #2 on: 29 August, 2011, 09:49:33 pm »
Ah, you know, I was going to hazard a guess at you!

Pity I was too far behind to say hello. I'd got stuck behind a guy on a BSO who I'd overtaken earlier, but who overtook me again when I was stopped at a ped crossing, and then ambled along at 1mph slower than I wanted to go, looking behind all the time and standing up to pedal as hard as he could. I think I'd bruised his delicate male ego by passing him. He was just about level with you when the lights changed and you set off.

I could have diverted to catch up with you, but it was the end of a long day....

Hope you'd had a good trip?
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #3 on: 01 September, 2011, 12:57:09 am »
Yellow short-wheelbase over-seat steering recumbent (coulda been a kingcycle) on northbound platform "A" of the Thameslink part of St Pancras, at 0910 yesterday (Wednesday 31st August).  Once the late-running 0900 departure to Bedford had, erm, departed, the bike was no longer there.

I was southbound, on the train what failed two stops later.

Any volunteers?
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip