Author Topic: Stafford in Pictures  (Read 1155 times)

Afasoas

Stafford in Pictures
« on: 13 October, 2013, 11:13:29 am »
Hello,

I've setup a little pet project which is intended to:

a) Provide a resource of "local interest" photos for Stafford, it's satellite towns and Staffordshire as a whole

b) Help give local photographers a wider audience via social media for their photographs

http://www.staffordinpictures.com/

It's a small acorn at the moment, but I'd like other local photographers to lend their support (and their photographs) to help it grow into a mighty oak.

It would be lovely to see some relavent submissions from YACF members. Photographers are credited for their photographs with (if appropriate) a link back to their own website. I suggest you include a clear but not too obtrusive watermark with any photos that are submitted.

Please note that Stafford in Pictures will not pass photographs on to any third party without the photographers consent, but can't held responsible for third parties visiting the site illegally downloading them.

Images will also be shared on the Stafford in Pictures twitter feed and facebook pages.

Cheers
D.

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Stafford in Pictures
« Reply #1 on: 13 October, 2013, 02:25:40 pm »
Thousands of pictures of oatcakes? ;)
Getting there...

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: 13 October, 2013, 02:39:19 pm »
Quality photographs relevant to Stafford, it’s surrounding areas and satellite towns. Photo’s submitted by amateur and professional photographers. This site is curated by Stafford Photographer Daniel Cadden.

Thank You for your visit.

Would you like to share your photos from in/around Stafford and it’s satellite towns? Yes? Great. Here’s how…

Attach your photographs (sized to <1000 pixels and less than 250kb) to an email and send them to photo@staffordinpictures.com. Don’t forget to include the extra information with your photo as detailed below.

I will look to add other ways of submitting photographs in future.

When you submit a photograph to Stafford in Pictures, please bear in mind:

By submitting a photograph you are confirming that you are the author of the photograph and you have the rights to distribute that photograph.
Photographs should be no more than 1000 pixels along the longest side
Files should be no larger than 250 kilobytes
Photographs can carry an unobtrusive watermark
Please include the authors name, the photos title, caption and if applicable, a link back to your website
Photographs submitted without the above information might not be published
By submitting a photograph, you agree that Stafford in Pictures can publish the photograph on-line
Photographs are published using Tumblr. This means that you accept Tumblr’s terms and conditions in respect of how they may use the photograph
Photographs may also be shared on the Stafford In Pictures Facebook page and on the Stafford In Pictures Twitter account.
I run this Tumblr blog in my own time. Although I will endeavour to update it frequently, sometimes I’ll be too busy.
There is no financial remuneration for a submitted photograph that is published
Stafford In Pictures will never directly pass a photograph to a third party to use without the authors consent. Stafford In Pictures will, however, have no control over any third party illegally downloading and using published content. Simply, photographs are submitted for publication at the submitters own risk.
Stafford In Pictures does welcome press and commercial enquiries - if a third party expresses interest in using one of your photographs, then we will refer them straight onto you using the details you have provided.
If as a result of a referral you earn a fee, you are welcome to make a donation to Stafford In Pictures which will be used either to pay for supporting/expanding the site or set aside to host an exhibition in Stafford at a later date.

Great idea, nice photos, shame about the apostrophes.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

Afasoas

« Reply #3 on: 13 October, 2013, 04:42:03 pm »
Thanks for the feedback. I'll get those apostrophes fixed in a wee while.
I should know better!