Author Topic: Google+ Back up  (Read 922 times)

Google+ Back up
« on: 23 December, 2013, 10:38:07 am »
So as it's coming to the end of the year, thoughts turn to data integrity and back up systems.

For the past few months, I've been using google+ free auto back up system.

I don't get to back up my photos full res, but as an offsite unlimited back up it's good enough.

"If you prefer to have your photos stored at standard size, photos will be resized so that the longest edge of the photo does not exceed 2048 pixels. You can store an unlimited number of standard-sized photos on Google+."

Any media taken on my Android phone is backed up automatically, and I manually back up photos I take with my DSLR to the service. What's good is that it accepts raw files, and just converts and resizes them to JPG automatically.

As it's google+, and no one really uses it as a social network, I have the security racked right up, with exception of the NSA and google's prying bots, no one can see the photos automatically.

It has a few fun features, take a photo of an xmas tree, and it create a copy as an animated gif where the fairy lights twinkle, and animated snow gets added to pictures taken in snow etc.

It will also go through your database, and create highlight reels of your year automatically. It just emailed me with a a video of my year, and it was as good as anything I'd have knocked up myself, and it was a nice Xmassy distraction from work.