Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 72279 times)

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #600 on: 16 May, 2021, 08:05:08 am »
As an aside to all the comments on courier firms . . . .  I wonder if there has been a growth in "customer fraud" since March 2020 when pretty much every delivery went signature-free?  Have people, dishonestly, denied receipt of goods?

Pre-pandemic I understand that quite a lot of merchants had demographic/postcode driven decisions on whether they woud deliver signature required or signature free.

I would add that having had a LOT of stuff delivered - we moved house a couple of weeks before the first lockdown and had loads of stuff to buy from about 4 white goods items through timber and down to packets of screws - with minimal issues . . .  but then, of course, we were here pretty much all the time.

« Reply #601 on: 31 May, 2021, 08:25:25 pm »
The islands have a special, unique courier service. 'Woodies'.

They have a warehouse in Inverness and the way to get a lot of goods is to have them shipped to Woodies Inverness warehouse, then pay Woodies to bring it to you.

They are excellent at finding your address. They are also excellent at throwing, stamping, chucking and leaving out in the rain.

A sofa arrived, wet. Cardboard soaked through, the cardboard was ripped and so was the heavy plastic inside. Sofa wet (fortunately dried out). This wasn't a drip, oh no, this was a lovely sustained soaking.

Who gives a crap? That arrived soaked. In beer. It has survived, sort of, although we now have beer-scented toilet rolls.

I bought an office chair. One castor smashed off, the leg of the chair was damaged (copious use of epoxy and string has fixed it).
<i>Marmite slave</i>

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #602 on: 03 June, 2021, 01:50:27 pm »
Today's fun

Parcel one: Get email update that the estimated delivery time would be tomorrow. 20min later, knock knock, open door, see driver legging it and said parcel at my feet.

Parcel two: Get email update that I would get it today between 9:32am and 12:32pm. It's now 1:50pm and no sign of said parcel.

Parcel three: No tracking other that the seller saying that it was shipped yesterday. But the sister company of the company should be delivering Parcel two, arrived about 2 hours ago and delivered it. The driver said sorry only one parcel for you today, could be the Royal sister delivering Parcel two
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #603 on: 04 June, 2021, 11:43:13 am »
Amazon man asks "Can you take a parcel for your neighbour?"
I reply, "Yes, but he's standing there".
I point to Terry at the end of my street. Terry sees the amazon van and waves.
Amazon man gets back in van and drives off.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #604 on: 05 June, 2021, 11:48:54 pm »
Was it for Terry? Did Terry receive it? We need to know!

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #605 on: 06 June, 2021, 11:57:04 am »
No the driver drove straight past Terry and disappeared up the road.