Author Topic: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread  (Read 437807 times)

Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Reply #2500 on: 18 June, 2021, 11:13:38 am »
If you are dismantling the u-bend under your kitchen sink, don't pour the contents of said u-bend down the sink :-[

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #2501 on: 18 June, 2021, 11:14:45 am »
If you are dismantling the u-bend under your kitchen sink, don't pour the contents of said u-bend down the sink :-[

If it's any consolation, you are definitely not the first person to do that. DAMHIKT
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #2502 on: 18 June, 2021, 11:27:08 am »
...And make sure everyone in the vicinity knows not to as well.  The Inlaw Maw did this while the Inlaw Paw was still underneath.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

« Reply #2503 on: 18 June, 2021, 11:36:40 am »

If it's any consolation, you are definitely not the first person to do that. DAMHIKT

It doesn't matter how many times I say "I must not do that again" and put the plug in, I still forget.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2504 on: 18 June, 2021, 11:39:23 am »
I try to have a bowl underneath to catch the drips when I undo the trap tip the contents back down the sink.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #2505 on: 18 June, 2021, 11:46:40 am »

I was going to say "+1", but that would sound like I've only done it once.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #2506 on: 18 June, 2021, 11:53:33 am »
Don't google for milf conversion while you are on a conference call.

Many years ago we were doing some stuff at work around the DISC personality profile thing that was being used as part of the recruitment process.
A rather sweet, innocent young lady was putting together a presentation on each of the D I S C personality aspects, up on the projector. When we got to the end with words in place, she started working backwards with doing google image search to put in pictures on each slide to illustrate the concepts rather than have a bland presentation.

Conscientiousness - no problem
Steadyness - ok
Influence - fine

Here's a top tip she learnt that day. Don't do an image search for Dominance when you are projecting to a room full of people  :)

« Reply #2507 on: 18 June, 2021, 12:05:18 pm »
I was going to say "+1", but that would sound like I've only done it once.
+1

« Reply #2508 on: 18 June, 2021, 03:58:25 pm »
If you notice there's a major ant incursion along the bottom of the patio door don't pull out the old silicone sealant that they're getting past before you check whether your unopened tube has dried up in the tube and set into a solid lump.

Now it's just easier for the ants to get in.

And I really really don't want to walk down to B&Q.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

« Reply #2509 on: 19 June, 2021, 01:53:08 pm »
I had an annoying once-per-pedal-rev tick on the MTB.  For no good reason I decided that it was probably the HT2 bottom bracket so removed the chainset and the non-drive side did indeed feel ever so slightly rough.  The surprisingly expensive replacement that I ordered arrived this morning and was fitted within the hour.  A quick test ride showed that the tick was still there  >:(

I then spent a good 30 seconds tightening the pedals and another quick test ride was tickless.

This isn't the first time that it has taken me ages to track down a noise from a loose pedal  ::-)

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #2510 on: 19 June, 2021, 02:10:09 pm »
Posting on behalf of our local council, who saw fit to publish the dates for our regional elections and the address of our polling station, but not the opening and closing times.

Jayjay

• Layin' back a bit these days.
« Reply #2511 on: 19 June, 2021, 11:37:07 pm »
Started to add cranberry juice drink to my porridge oats this morning instead of the milk.
I did, for a moment, consider making the porridge thus, then decided that experiment could wait until another time, when I wasn't so hungry and eager for proper oatyness.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2512 on: 20 June, 2021, 04:32:15 pm »
Today I have discovered that my Sennheiser in-ear headphones are surprisingly washing-machine resistant.

« Reply #2513 on: 20 June, 2021, 09:35:05 pm »
Today I have discovered that my Sennheiser in-ear headphones are surprisingly washing-machine resistant.

The biggest question is whether your ears are clean and did your hair come out as well as intended?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2514 on: 20 June, 2021, 09:45:35 pm »

The biggest question is whether your ears are clean and did your hair come out as well as intended?

Wot?

« Reply #2515 on: 21 June, 2021, 08:22:39 am »
I think that nutty has (non-seriously) inferred that you were wearing them when they went through the washing machine.

« Reply #2516 on: 21 June, 2021, 11:04:42 am »
Indeed.

I forget sometimes that my sense of humour doesn't always come across in written media, especially when I have a surreal image in my head and forget that others don't.

Salvatore

• Джон Спунър
    • Pics
« Reply #2517 on: 21 June, 2021, 11:32:21 am »
I had an annoying once-per-pedal-rev tick on the MTB.  For no good reason I decided that it was probably the HT2 bottom bracket so removed the chainset and the non-drive side did indeed feel ever so slightly rough.  The surprisingly expensive replacement that I ordered arrived this morning and was fitted within the hour.  A quick test ride showed that the tick was still there  >:(

I then spent a good 30 seconds tightening the pedals and another quick test ride was tickless.

This isn't the first time that it has taken me ages to track down a noise from a loose pedal  ::-)

Decades ago I was touring in Scotland, and an intermittent click, once per pedal revolution, was really annoying me. One day it was absent, on the next day it returned. Sometimes I could hear it in the morning but it would be gone by the afternoon. On a campsite in Perthshire I took off the cranks and adjusted the bottom bracket. I made sure there was no play in the pedals. I checked my cleats. I massaged my knee. The next morning I convinced myself that I had somehow fettled the click away, but it returned in the afternoon. Only later when I realised that the click only occurred during or straight after rain did I track down the cause - the plastic toggle on the drawstring of my rain jacket was swinging in time with my pedalling and hitting the top tube. D'Oh!
et avec John, excellent lecteur de road-book, on s'en est sortis sans erreur

« Reply #2518 on: 21 June, 2021, 11:41:03 am »

Decades ago I was touring in Scotland, and an intermittent click, once per pedal revolution, was really annoying me. One day it was absent, on the next day it returned. Sometimes I could hear it in the morning but it would be gone by the afternoon. On a campsite in Perthshire I took off the cranks and adjusted the bottom bracket. I made sure there was no play in the pedals. I checked my cleats. I massaged my knee. The next morning I convinced myself that I had somehow fettled the click away, but it returned in the afternoon. Only later when I realised that the click only occurred during or straight after rain did I track down the cause - the plastic toggle on the drawstring of my rain jacket was swinging in time with my pedalling and hitting the top tube. D'Oh!

Don't ask me how long it took to identify the cause of the intermittent click from my cranks. Eventually I realised it only happened when on the granny ring and that the tail of the gear cable was catching the crank for a tick each rotation of the pedals.

ian

« Reply #2519 on: 21 June, 2021, 11:53:37 am »
Clambering over a wet stile at the weekend, I turned to say something to my wife, and promptly my feet slid out from underneath , depositing me hard on the clackety wood. Which then bounced me into a pile of brambles. As I lay there, in sweary contemplation and a puddle, a horse fly landed on my hand and, without preamble, bit me.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2520 on: 21 June, 2021, 12:01:55 pm »
I got bitten by a horse fly over the weekend, but my fast reactions in flicking it off saved me much anguish. Mind ewe, I’d probably have done less damage had I realised the steel ruler I had in my hand and this used, had very sharp edges  :facepalm:
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2521 on: 21 June, 2021, 12:07:01 pm »
I think that nutty has (non-seriously) inferred that you were wearing them when they went through the washing machine.

And I was non-seriously inferring my ears weren't clean, in response...

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2522 on: 21 June, 2021, 12:54:17 pm »

The annoying rattle while traversing bumpy roads* on my Kingcycle was eventually traced to the bracelet of my watch…

* Which, in London’s famous London, is approximately all of them
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #2523 on: 21 June, 2021, 01:17:24 pm »
Indeed.

I forget sometimes that my sense of humour doesn't always come across in written media, especially when I have a surreal image in my head and forget that others don't.

As when I was struck the other day by the fact that my eTrex showed 33°C when I was riding in a 30 limit, but there were no police around so I risked it. When I mentioned it later nobody laughed.

ian

« Reply #2524 on: 21 June, 2021, 01:51:26 pm »
I got bitten by a horse fly over the weekend, but my fast reactions in flicking it off saved me much anguish. Mind ewe, I’d probably have done less damage had I realised the steel ruler I had in my hand and this used, had very sharp edges  :facepalm:

I tried sarcasm. Oh really, you're going to do now? Yes, apparently. Horse flies do not respect the rhetorical arts. Now, added to my injuries, which look like I tried to arm-wrestle a garden strimmer, is a large itchy lump on my hand.

The worst bit was pulling off my trousers when we got home about eight hours later, the blood from my leg had dried and essentially welded the fabric to the stile-imparted injury, so it had to torn free like velcro, if half of it were skin and scab and the rest comprised screaming. I made a noise like a distressed steam train when finally in the shower. Now a massive purple bruise that I'm looking forward to showing off at the pool.