Author Topic: Sh!te courier thread  (Read 148074 times)

Re: Sh!te courier thread
« Reply #725 on: 08 February, 2022, 08:43:46 pm »
MattH that sounds mad. I sent a pallet with TNT today and for £2500 value i chose enhanced liability it cost me £4 extra

The stupid thing is booking through TNT for deliveries is still much cheaper then via FedEx despite them being the same company

« Reply #726 on: 08 February, 2022, 08:48:42 pm »
The Peli case contents were worth around £25k - but it was couriered to us by the supplier we rented it from.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #727 on: 10 February, 2022, 02:51:04 pm »
This seems like as good a place as any to complain about the fuckwit who rang our doorbell at 2:57 this morning, having placed a curry on the doorstep.

I should have charged a poppadom tax for explaining that $our_road is not the same as $adjacent_road, in spite of sharing the same last three letters.  I have some sympathy for the Chinese students getting it wrong, as the phonetic difference is lost on them and - crucially - they tend to get the wrong address at more civilised times of day.  Actual delivery people have no excuse, and should really double-check before delivering to a dark house after midnight.

« Reply #728 on: 10 February, 2022, 06:48:14 pm »
So you got a free curry 🍛 😋
the slower you go the more you see

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #729 on: 10 February, 2022, 09:22:28 pm »
No, he came back and retrieved it after I appeared in a dressing gown wondering what day it was and clearly not expecting a curry.

« Reply #730 on: 11 February, 2022, 07:32:08 pm »
Must eat quicker 😋
the slower you go the more you see

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #731 on: 13 February, 2022, 08:47:38 pm »
Bloody box.com and/or DPD have done it again >:(  Look, you cretins, if I tick the box on the order saying “Deliver on Tuesday” that means I want it delivered on Tuesday, when I will be in all day.  Not on Monday, when I will be not in all day.  Natch if they fail to deliver it on Monday, because I am not in all day, I probably won’t get it until fucking Thursday.  Morons.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #732 on: 15 February, 2022, 12:44:50 pm »
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #733 on: 23 February, 2022, 12:32:17 pm »
They're getting worse. currently have complaints in with DX, DPD and if DHL going in tomorrow ifbhe does it again

Couriers just leaving stuff outside or shut workshop doors or dumping near to good inwards but not letting anyone know.

I'll have a word with the DX driver but as he dumps and runs and isn't at a regular time I can't catch him

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #734 on: 23 February, 2022, 12:36:34 pm »
My parcel arrived 10 minutes before the time slot said.

Which is better than the parcel I saw left outside #52, yesterday afternoon. Which this morning, I spotted outside #56.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #735 on: 23 February, 2022, 08:15:02 pm »
Caught the DX one today as unfortunately one of my regular suppliers has started using them. Firstly I ascertained he was our regular one as some couriers have a different driver each day. Also from his accent seems English so can assume can understand English. I have in the past had to physically walk deliery drivers round to point things out as they haven't understood due to English not being their primary language and whilst often an angry man I'm definitely not xenophobic so won't shout at people who genuinely don't understand

Then questioned why he saw fit to leave things outside

His response of i didn't know what to do was met by me with surprise and a reply which can be paraphrased as how about following the big f ing sign that says good inwards to goods inwards. I think my education here is done

DPD driver was a stand in so back to our usual reliable one

Just need to catch the DHL if they leave stuff without letting us know

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #736 on: 24 February, 2022, 03:18:27 pm »
I had a problem the other day with a Hermes driver who "Couldn't find our address". There was a picture attached, that looked to be the inside of his hand. After a few days of me asking them where on earth my package was I complained to the supplier, who didn't even blink and sent a replacement out by Royal Mail.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #737 on: 24 February, 2022, 05:22:27 pm »
Mr UPS has "lost" a chest of drawers that's en route to me . . .  that's clever

« Reply #738 on: 08 March, 2022, 05:54:37 pm »
Effing Yodel and bigrivercorp

I'm running out of cat litter. Bit of a problem, since the cat can't be let out, and I don't have a car atm.

Order on amazon!  Find seller, estimated delivery one week. Great. Order.

A week later the estimated delivery has been altered to in a month's time.  >:(

Place another order with amazon directly rather than amazon reseller. Delivery in week.

It has been flagged as 'delivered and signed for'.

To Basildon, Essex.

HOW have they confused the Isle of Lewis, Scotland, with Basildon, Essex?

That takes real determination.

The cat will just have to cross her legs.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #739 on: 09 March, 2022, 08:28:10 pm »
Hermes have apparently "tried to deliver" but I wasn't in, for the second day in a row. Except this is simply not true - I was in at the times they state on both days (including the non-attempt a mere 15 minutes ago), and no attempt was made (my flat was not even buzzed). >:(

I'm wondering how many times they're going to not deliver before returning it to sender. It's not even coming from that far away - I'd have opted for collection in person if that was an option. :(

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #740 on: 11 March, 2022, 12:09:37 pm »
I used to phone and give them hell for that kind of lie and they'd usually eventually admit they were misinformed cos they looked at the wrong bit of computer screen or some other cover-up lie. These days I suspect you can't get through by phone although I've seen people do a good line in public shouting at them on Twitter.

robgul

« Reply #741 on: 11 March, 2022, 05:12:02 pm »
It'll soon not be possible to moan about Hermes - a rebrand is on the way as Evri    - statement from them says:   

It is more than just a name change – it is a statement of intent of our commitment to leading the way in creating responsible delivery experiences for ‘Evri one’, ‘Evri where’.”

The possible upside is that they are reviewing conditions for their self-employed/gig-economy people with holiday and sick pay as well as a pension scheme

- perhaps they should have a spelling test too?

cygnet

• I'm part of the association
« Reply #742 on: 11 March, 2022, 10:43:07 pm »
It'll soon not be possible to moan about Hermes - a rebrand is on the way as Evri    - statement from them says:   

It is more than just a name change – it is a statement of intent of our commitment to leading the way in creating responsible delivery experiences for ‘Evri one’, ‘Evri where’.”

The possible upside is that they are reviewing conditions for their self-employed/gig-economy people with holiday and sick pay as well as a pension scheme

- perhaps they should have a spelling test too?

Oh dear [greek] god.
I Said, I've Got A Big Stick

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #743 on: 12 March, 2022, 06:07:55 pm »
One of my Twitter friends had her contact lenses delivered by Royal Mail.
They were left behind a plant pot in a drain.
Red card undated.

robgul

« Reply #744 on: 18 March, 2022, 07:53:25 pm »
This is a cracker from EVRI (as in Hermes) - a comedy of errors.

I delivered a package to the EVRI despatch locker at the local TESCO at 1040 on Monday 14 March - the pick-up courier was at the lockers at 1548 on Monday and for some strange reason didn't collect the parcel - but marked it as "unsuitable packaging"*

I only found out about the failed pick-up when I checked the tracking on Thursday - one would have thought EVRI would have told me?    I then raised query tickets with EVRI but have still yet to get any reply.

Having Googled a bit to try and find out how to speak to EVRI (I still don't know) I found that InPost is the company that manages the lockers.   Phoned them (amazingly helpful and no pressing loads of numbers crap - straight to a human) and while I was on the phone they watched the CCTV at the time the pick-up courier was there and saw that the door of the locker containing the parcel was not opened.   This is when, presumably, the "unsuitable packaging" note was made.

InPost then said to retrieve the parcel I could go to TESCO, phone InPost an they could open the locker.    My wife went to TESCO, phoned InPost and they opened the locker remotely - except that the door of the locker didn't open beyond partially - she banged the door in vending machine style and it opened for her to take out the parcel.

Parcel has now been dropped off at the local One Stop shop that is an EVRI pick up and I have a paper receipt.

..... if I hadn't checked the tracking I wonder how long the parcel would have stayed in the locker?

*this is apparently a "standard lie" from couriers failing to make collections!

robgul

« Reply #745 on: 20 March, 2022, 07:54:43 am »
This is a cracker from EVRI (as in Hermes) - a comedy of errors.

I delivered a package to the EVRI despatch locker at the local TESCO at 1040 on Monday 14 March - the pick-up courier was at the lockers at 1548 on Monday and for some strange reason didn't collect the parcel - but marked it as "unsuitable packaging"*

I only found out about the failed pick-up when I checked the tracking on Thursday - one would have thought EVRI would have told me?    I then raised query tickets with EVRI but have still yet to get any reply.

Having Googled a bit to try and find out how to speak to EVRI (I still don't know) I found that InPost is the company that manages the lockers.   Phoned them (amazingly helpful and no pressing loads of numbers crap - straight to a human) and while I was on the phone they watched the CCTV at the time the pick-up courier was there and saw that the door of the locker containing the parcel was not opened.   This is when, presumably, the "unsuitable packaging" note was made.

InPost then said to retrieve the parcel I could go to TESCO, phone InPost an they could open the locker.    My wife went to TESCO, phoned InPost and they opened the locker remotely - except that the door of the locker didn't open beyond partially - she banged the door in vending machine style and it opened for her to take out the parcel.

Parcel has now been dropped off at the local One Stop shop that is an EVRI pick up and I have a paper receipt.

..... if I hadn't checked the tracking I wonder how long the parcel would have stayed in the locker?

*this is apparently a "standard lie" from couriers failing to make collections!

Now a REALLY USELESS reply from EVRI:
----------------------

Reference: nnn deleted
Parcel ID: nnn deleted
You recently requested our assistance through the online support pages. Below is a summary of your request and our response. If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it within the next  7 days. Thank you for raising this with us.

If you have an account, you can log in and track your incident by clicking here

Response By E-mail (Adil Ravat) (19/03/2022 12.07 PM)

Hi John,

Thank you for getting in touch with us regarding parcel nnnnn I understand this can be quite frustrating and if I were in your shoes, I would feel the same way. The tracking shows the following:

14/03/2022
15:48
Not Collected - Insufficient packaging

If you need anything in the future, please contact your Evri Customer Service Team and we’ll be happy to help.

Kind regards,
Adil 2289

Evri Customer Services
Customer By CSS E-mail (John Gullen) (18/03/2022 09.00 AM)

================================

So - if I hadn't spoken to InPost would my parcel still be languishing in the locker at TESCO?

I replied telling EVRI what utter pillocks they are and suggesting compensation . . . no reply yet.

ian

« Reply #746 on: 23 March, 2022, 10:13:34 am »
It's not Thursday 24th yet is it? Checking for a courier, who seem to think it is.

I credit their eagerness to deliver a day early but also to disappear before I could go check on them. Double marks for doing it with a 70kg package. Those guys are fast.

In other news, we're definitely here. I will credit them our doorbell is shonky but there is a big sign on the front door saying PLEASE KNOCK!

ian

« Reply #747 on: 23 March, 2022, 10:54:54 am »
Actually, it turns out it was something else, so I have to partially eat my words, same courier, different thing. Though 70kg of beer sounds like a good thing.

I'm going to update my PLEASE KNOCK sign to a bigger font. I should get a new doorbell, I suppose, it only works when it rains and usually when there's no one to ring it.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #748 on: 23 March, 2022, 11:27:18 am »
Change the spelling to “PLEZ CNOKE” too, so they’ll stand around puzzling over that rather than running away with your item still tucked under their arm.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

ian

« Reply #749 on: 24 March, 2022, 07:36:06 am »
So, checked my phone before bed and the courier had sent the following words your delivery is scheduled for 6.30-8.30. That's apparently in the morning. I don't want delivery before 8.30 am on account that I'm sleeping but there's not much I can do about it. I'm either awake or not.

6 am ring ring ring. 6.01 am ring ring ring. 6.02 am ring ring ring.

Hello, we plan to deliver in about 30 minutes? Can you leave it outside? No, we need a signature.

Well, I'm awake, so wtf.

Goes to say it's now 7.30 am and they've yet to turn up. Checks app, delivered successfully at 6.39 am. Signature captured. Goes and looks out front, behind the porch. There it is. So you didn't knock and left it anyway without a signature. Grumble.