Author Topic: YACF LEJoG Relay  (Read 177297 times)

Re: YACF LEJoG Relay
« Reply #150 on: 22 November, 2010, 07:54:26 pm »
LOL, which direction would it need to go to get to/from me?

AndyH

« Reply #151 on: 22 November, 2010, 08:09:03 pm »
LOL, which direction would it need to go to get to/from me?

It's on it's way to Land's End. Looks like me - Corshamjim - Panoramix - you - ? (if you're up for it)

« Reply #152 on: 22 November, 2010, 08:17:11 pm »
Yeah sure, I am up for it  ;D

I am working stupid hours this week and next, when does this have to be?

« Reply #153 on: 22 November, 2010, 08:49:19 pm »
If it involves me picking it up from Cheddar, then you've got over a month, I'd do the Cheddar to Exeter bit between Christmas and New Year.
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #154 on: 22 November, 2010, 08:56:15 pm »
If it involves me picking it up from Cheddar, then you've got over a month, I'd do the Cheddar to Exeter bit between Christmas and New Year.

I reckon I could probably manage it in a month LOL. Would this be from Frome to home then?

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
« Reply #155 on: 22 November, 2010, 09:23:53 pm »

I reckon I could probably manage it in a month LOL. Would this be from Frome to home then?

At the moment the plan is form me to carry it from Frome(ish) to Bristol, then we can arrange to meet somewhere for another handover. If you are in a mood to set the bar for the record of the highest handover we can meet on top of mendip hills (on the - side there will be a definite lack of tea and cakes) or you can pick it up in East Bristol or I can bring it to Cheddar or anywhere sensible.
Chief cat entertainer.

« Reply #156 on: 22 November, 2010, 09:40:46 pm »

At the moment the plan is form me to carry it from Frome(ish) to Bristol, then we can arrange to meet somewhere for another handover. If you are in a mood to set the bar for the record of the highest handover we can meet on top of mendip hills (on the - side there will be a definite lack of tea and cakes) or you can pick it up in East Bristol or I can bring it to Cheddar or anywhere sensible.

I am often in Bristol as I meet there for rides with folk, so I could bring it back here if needed :) Maybe we could hand over on the suspension bridge or somewhere!

Panoramix

• Some routes
« Reply #157 on: 22 November, 2010, 09:54:12 pm »

I am often in Bristol as I meet there for rides with folk, so I could bring it back here if needed :) Maybe we could hand over on the suspension bridge or somewhere!

Suspension Bridge sounds like a good idea, I don't know when AndyH plans to give it to me but then we can arrange a meeting, I may even cycle a bit with you toward Cheddar.
Chief cat entertainer.

AndyH

« Reply #158 on: 22 November, 2010, 09:58:33 pm »
How about Saturday morning ?

« Reply #159 on: 22 November, 2010, 10:37:39 pm »
Happy to take this thing from Cheddar southward to Vorsprungsville (aka Uffculme),  or even in extremis Exeter

Feline, pm me with available dates to pick it up from Axbridge

Could even meet AndyH halfway between here (Burrowbridge) and Blandford - say Wincanton, which cuts out the Bristol loop northward.

Anyway whichever way this goes it needs to go through Somerset and I'm right slap bang in the middle of the county

Panoramix

• Some routes
« Reply #160 on: 22 November, 2010, 10:44:10 pm »
How about Saturday morning ?

10.30 am?
Chief cat entertainer.

« Reply #161 on: 22 November, 2010, 11:35:42 pm »
I would probably be looking to do it on week beginning 6th december as pretty much no days off work between now and then, except for the weekend of 4th/5th when I am going on a piss-up Medieval feast over-nighter with Bristol CTC at St Briavel’s Castle  ;D

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #162 on: 23 November, 2010, 06:44:50 am »
Suspension Bridge sounds like a good idea...
Don't Drop the Baton!!  Now is not a good time of year to search for a splashfuckit in the Avon.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

corshamjim

« Reply #163 on: 23 November, 2010, 07:47:01 am »
I'm sorry I can't make Saturday.  Please don't let that stop you (AndyH & Panoramix) though.  I'll hope to meet you sometime on another occasion.

LEE

« Reply #164 on: 25 November, 2010, 04:16:39 pm »
Anything planned?

Panoramix

• Some routes
« Reply #165 on: 25 November, 2010, 04:18:57 pm »
Anything planned?

Yes, meeting AndyH in Frome Saturday.
Chief cat entertainer.

LEE

« Reply #166 on: 25 November, 2010, 05:16:11 pm »
Anything planned?

Yes, meeting AndyH in Frome Saturday.

Excellent!

Don't forget photos.  (close to a warm Cafe I bet)

The current travels showing start, end and handover points.

Can someone confirm they can see the track please?

« Reply #167 on: 25 November, 2010, 06:12:59 pm »

Yes, I can see it.  It's a bit straightlineish, what with only three points.  Presumably we can have a more detailed track at some point, if people have GPX recordings of where it's been.
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #168 on: 25 November, 2010, 07:11:19 pm »
Happy to take this thing from Cheddar southward to Vorsprungsville (aka Uffculme),  or even in extremis Exeter

Could even meet AndyH halfway between here (Burrowbridge) and Blandford - say Wincanton, which cuts out the Bristol loop northward.

Anyway whichever way this goes it needs to go through Somerset and I'm right slap bang in the middle of the county

Bump

Still available to take this SW/wards and NE/wards after it has got to LE

Panoramix

• Some routes
« Reply #169 on: 25 November, 2010, 08:40:26 pm »

I think that there is nothing planned after Feline so you would be the person of choice!

Bump

Still available to take this SW/wards and NE/wards after it has got to LE
Chief cat entertainer.

« Reply #170 on: 25 November, 2010, 09:33:50 pm »
So correct me if I'm wrong, the baton is heading to Lands End at the moment before starting its journey north ?
If so I'm able to take it from anywhere in the Bristol region into Wales when it returns to this area !
Or assist in its carriage if already vouched for  :P

LEE

« Reply #171 on: 25 November, 2010, 10:37:51 pm »

Yes, I can see it.  It's a bit straightlineish, what with only three points.  Presumably we can have a more detailed track at some point, if people have GPX recordings of where it's been.

I thought it would get too messy with actual tracklogs so I just logged the end points and handover point.

pdm

• Sheffield hills? Nah... Just potholes.
« Reply #172 on: 26 November, 2010, 11:58:56 am »
Let me know if there is any need for a leg to cross the Peaks and/or to traverse North Derbyshire/South Yorkshire.....

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #173 on: 26 November, 2010, 12:15:41 pm »
Let me know if there is any need for a leg to cross the Peaks and/or to traverse North Derbyshire/South Yorkshire.....

+1 to that. YACF Sheffield relay team!  :)

« Reply #174 on: 26 November, 2010, 12:47:11 pm »
...and if you need someone to carry the baton down in Devon somewhere between Exeter & Plymouth (or vice-versa) then I'm looking for an excuse to leave my mountain bike at home for a day and dig my road bike out from the back of the shed.