Author Topic: SUNDAY 10th March, Bike Treasure Hunt, London  (Read 1300 times)

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
SUNDAY 10th March, Bike Treasure Hunt, London
« on: 25 February, 2019, 06:42:48 am »
This is being organised under the auspices of Cyclechat's Sunday London Rides programme, but YACF-ers will be welcomed with open arms too....

Sunday 10th March, 9.30am, Hyde Park Corner

Ride around central London, answering cryptic questions inspired by some of the quirky elements of the city tucked away in back streets, alleyways and parks. 

Meet at HPC and, if you haven't already arranged it, hook up into teams of 2-4 (any more is unwieldy and a bit unfair). You'll each be given clue sheets and sent off at intervals of a couple of minutes. To avoid congestion at the clue locations, there will be variations on the order of the questions, so teams may not all head off in the same direction! Everybody will visit the same locations, eventually, though.

You'll need an A-Z or suitable mapping app, unless you have a cabbie's knowledge of central London, as for most of the clues, all you will be given by way of direction will be the name of street on which to look (NONE will be on busy streets, though, for safety reasons). Overall, I'd expect you to cover about 17-18 miles over 2-3 hours.

Whichever route you take, after a couple of hours you'll all come back to the same finish location, where I will wait to add up the scores. Fastest back will be declared the winner, but there will be time penalties for missed or incorrect answers. No prizes, but a definite warm fuzzy glow of satisfaction on offer and you'll get to see some parts of London that you might never have known existed. 

No charge to enter but please let me know by DM if you plan to come so I can make sure that I have enough copies of the clue sheets printed.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

Redlight

Re: SUNDAY 10th March, Bike Treasure Hunt, London
« Reply #1 on: 04 March, 2019, 11:27:15 am »
Little bump for this, in case anyone is interested.

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #2 on: 04 March, 2019, 11:32:54 am »
It says Feb in the OP ;)
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

« Reply #3 on: 04 March, 2019, 12:53:31 pm »
Don't know if you are aware, but there's a half marathon (The Big Half) starting at Tower Hill, going out to Canary Wharf, then back across Tower Bridge and down to Greenwich that morning.

I'd be wary of clues that take folk too close - most of the City should be ok though.

Redlight

« Reply #4 on: 04 March, 2019, 02:13:10 pm »
Cheers - helpful to know.  I do have a clue at the memorial by Trinity House but with that information in mind (and given that it is a fiendishly difficult one to answer) I may drop that, in which case they'll get no closer than Leadenhall Market.

Redlight

« Reply #5 on: 09 March, 2019, 11:50:21 am »
Final bump for this. :)