Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 883966 times)

fuzzy

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #3825 on: 27 April, 2020, 11:12:53 am »
We still have an HIV pandemic. Estimates vary, but it's killed between 30-40 million people and still kills 700,000-800,000 a year.

OK, I obviously didn't think that comment through before posting.

I'm still enraged at our current government, because of what they're doing (or not doing) now, in relation to current advice, and the way they are interfering with supposedly independent scientific bodies.

Even that idiot David Davis can see that No 10 advisers sitting in on Sage meetings is entirely inappropriate.

It wasn't a jab at you, just generally that HIV seems to be the 'forgotten' pandemic.

I completely agreed that the presence of Cummings and any of his acolytes at these meetings is unlikely to be beneficial. But then I have a hard time figuring out what benefit he would bring to anything, his main skill seems to be self-promotion.
Perhaps we should sell him to Trump?

« Reply #3826 on: 27 April, 2020, 11:33:59 am »
We still have an HIV pandemic. Estimates vary, but it's killed between 30-40 million people and still kills 700,000-800,000 a year.

I'm still enraged at our current government, because of what they're doing (or not doing) now, in relation to current advice, and the way they are interfering with supposedly independent scientific bodies.

Even that idiot David Davis can see that No 10 advisers sitting in on Sage meetings is entirely inappropriate.

It wasn't a jab at you, just generally that HIV seems to be the 'forgotten' pandemic.

I completely agreed that the presence of Cummings and any of his acolytes at these meetings is unlikely to be beneficial. But then I have a hard time figuring out what benefit he would bring to anything, his main skill seems to be self-promotion.
He gave a chat at mini's school, and from what mini reported, his principal obsessions appeared to be that both politicians and the Civil Service were a waste of space.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #3827 on: 27 April, 2020, 11:56:39 am »
Sounds like a British version of Grover Norquist*, but observation of the happenings in the House of Commons through last year, when MPs showed that despite not wanting May's withdrawal agreement, they couldn't agree on what they wanted instead, and the general inability of many MPs to grasp the issues, would suggest that Cummings isn't completely wrong. :demon:

* Best known for the following infamous quote: "I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub." (said during an interview on NPR's Morning Edition, May 25, 2001)
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #3828 on: 27 April, 2020, 12:13:34 pm »

No, it's a fair point and I'm happy to be corrected.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #3829 on: 27 April, 2020, 12:42:03 pm »

As an aside, the WHO doesn't class HIV as a pandemic... but as a 'global epidemic' - which is basically a pandemic by another name.  I'm sure there's some politics behind there somewhere.
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

citoyen

« Reply #3830 on: 27 April, 2020, 01:05:41 pm »
As an aside, the WHO doesn't class HIV as a pandemic... but as a 'global epidemic' - which is basically a pandemic by another name.  I'm sure there's some politics behind there somewhere.

Oh no, there's no politics involved at all, all decisions are purely science-based.  ::-)

ian

« Reply #3831 on: 27 April, 2020, 01:22:21 pm »
Sadly, the cruel intersection of politics and homophobia is one of the reasons there's 30 million-plus dead from HIV and why it's still often not mentioned in the context of pandemics (people will cast back to a pandemic of 1918, but not the one – however you define it – that we're in the middle of).

Davef

« Reply #3832 on: 27 April, 2020, 01:33:59 pm »
The pandemic preparedness documents are specifically about novel influenza and influenza like viruses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #3833 on: 27 April, 2020, 01:40:44 pm »
Sounds like a British version of Grover Norquist*, but observation of the happenings in the House of Commons through last year, when MPs showed that despite not wanting May's withdrawal agreement, they couldn't agree on what they wanted instead, and the general inability of many MPs to grasp the issues, would suggest that Cummings isn't completely wrong. :demon:

* Best known for the following infamous quote: "I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub." (said during an interview on NPR's Morning Edition, May 25, 2001)

See also P.J. O'Rourke's statement about how Republicans claim government doesn't work and then get elected and prove it.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Davef

« Reply #3834 on: 27 April, 2020, 02:06:52 pm »

I am slightly surprised hiv/aids is currently classed as an epidemic. I would have thought it is now in endemic in most parts of the world.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #3835 on: 27 April, 2020, 02:15:02 pm »
Sadly, the cruel intersection of politics and homophobia is one of the reasons there's 30 million-plus dead from HIV and why it's still often not mentioned in the context of pandemics (people will cast back to a pandemic of 1918, but not the one – however you define it – that we're in the middle of).

Absolutely!
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #3836 on: 02 May, 2020, 11:59:30 am »
Matt Hancockwomble.

« Reply #3837 on: 02 May, 2020, 12:23:55 pm »
Matt Hancockwomble.
Does he get anything for making repeat appearances on this thread?
I think I've seen him mentioned here three times now.

« Reply #3838 on: 02 May, 2020, 02:02:53 pm »
Pratt Hancock has been on here at eleventy twelve times* if you count those times that he will appear in the future.

*Pritti Patel counted for me.

« Reply #3839 on: 02 May, 2020, 02:53:31 pm »
She's only in the cabinet to make up the numbers.

« Reply #3840 on: 02 May, 2020, 03:48:30 pm »
An honourable mention for David “you can’t catch a virus by shaking hands but 5g will give to you” Icke.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #3841 on: 07 May, 2020, 11:01:51 pm »
She's only in the cabinet to make up the numbers.

:thumbsup:

citoyen

« Reply #3842 on: 08 May, 2020, 01:37:05 pm »
Oh yes, that is excellent. I am totally nicking it.

« Reply #3843 on: 14 May, 2020, 11:08:00 pm »
I think, post Question Time, we'll have a new name on here:- Luke Johnson.

« Reply #3844 on: 15 May, 2020, 11:17:10 am »
Yes, Luke Johnson. Twat.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #3845 on: 15 May, 2020, 12:41:57 pm »
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #3846 on: 15 May, 2020, 06:08:22 pm »
Ah yes, Isabel Talkshite, the woman who thinks the only difference between North Kensington and South Kensington is geography.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #3847 on: 20 May, 2020, 05:09:43 pm »
I'm finding myself in agreement with Piers Morgan, who no longer appears to be a CBE.
Apologies for Daily Heil link.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8340621/Spare-hypocritical-claps-NHS-Prime-Minister.html

Things must have come to a pretty pass!

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #3848 on: 20 May, 2020, 06:41:48 pm »
I'm finding myself in agreement with Piers Morgan, who no longer appears to be a CBE.
Apologies for Daily Heil link.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8340621/Spare-hypocritical-claps-NHS-Prime-Minister.html

Things must have come to a pretty pass!
I’ve found that he’s become the real voice of reason in these troubled times. It’s a most perplexing conundrum.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #3849 on: 20 May, 2020, 06:45:12 pm »
What's the way to get to a Daily Heil article without providing them click revenue ?
Rust never sleeps