Author Topic: Cats don't drink tea  (Read 4212 times)

Julian

• samoture
Cats don't drink tea
« on: 31 March, 2008, 11:18:26 pm »
Well, apart from the lovely Montezuma, Charlotte's moggy, who apparently does drink tea.

I wanna try him on the Machu Picchu coffee and see if he bounces off the walls.  ;D

Charlotte

• Dissolute libertine
  • Here's to ol' D.H. Lawrence...
    • charlottebarnes.co.uk
Re: Cats don't drink tea
« Reply #1 on: 31 March, 2008, 11:19:57 pm »
In fairness, I was just using a slug of tea from the pot to take the chill off his bedtime milk.  He seems cool with the concept.

It's not like I've started him on Dr Ferrari's Astana beans.  Yet.
Commercial, Editorial and PR Photographer - www.charlottebarnes.co.uk

« Reply #2 on: 31 March, 2008, 11:27:19 pm »
I wanna try him on the Machu Picchu coffee and see if he bounces off the walls.  ;D

Morphy used to like coffee beans. My sister gave him nine in quick succession once and he went completely hyper.

He's gone off them since that experience...

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #3 on: 01 April, 2008, 07:01:19 pm »

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #4 on: 01 April, 2008, 07:56:16 pm »
It's not like I've started him on Dr Ferrari's Astana beans.  Yet.

:o Bad Charlotte!
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Jules

• Has dropped his aitch!
« Reply #5 on: 01 April, 2008, 08:15:13 pm »
I'm not sure I've ever had a cat that didn't drink tea! If you let their water bowl run dry they will drink most things IME

My cat has just been attacking me in a hope of getting some more chilli.
Audax on the other hand is almost invisible and thought to be the pastime of Hobbits ....  Fab Foodie

« Reply #6 on: 02 April, 2008, 02:28:39 am »
(Some) cats will eat or drink anything. Bonus points if human people are eating it. Ros really likes Sean's chocolate biscuits and my coffee and will eat something spicy, retreat to snuffle and cough, and then come back for more. We try to make her read up on her feline carnivore nature when she's scoffing, say, pizza, but she'll not believe us.

Bear, otoh, has always needed coaxing to eat anything that's not clearly marked as cat fud.

« Reply #7 on: 02 April, 2008, 11:32:29 am »
Our cat is a very fussy eater. One day a particular flavour is acceptable then two days later it apparently tastes vile and she takes one sniff at it looks at us like we have tried to poison her and runs off and catches a mouse instead.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #8 on: 02 April, 2008, 11:45:49 am »
(Some) cats will eat or drink anything. Bonus points if human people are eating it.
Most cats will put anything in their mouths - especially if humans are doing so!

Most cats will have no qualms in spitting it out on the carpet if they don't like it*

*Like my cat did last night when he pounced on my plate and stole a pickled onion. It didn't stay in his mouth long ;D
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

« Reply #9 on: 03 April, 2008, 10:30:59 am »
Our rats used to be big fans of wine & beer.  I think we decided it was best to keep them off the coffee.

« Reply #10 on: 03 April, 2008, 01:48:48 pm »
My parents old cat used to like Garlic Sausage... A cat with Garlic breath...  :-\

Mind you, she used to like Honey as well, even though cats aren't supposed to be able to taste sweetness.

My Grandfathers dog used to be partial to a bit of beer, given the chance, and apparently both of them would come back from the pub far worse for the wear.

Does a drunk dog have a harder or easier time than a human?  On the one hand they have to control four legs instead of two, but on the other paw, four legs should be more stable, since you just stop and you will stay upright, it seems like less balance is required.
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #11 on: 03 April, 2008, 07:35:23 pm »
Pip loves asparagus, and is not above stealing it raw or cooked.
All three of my cats also love peas - to eat and to play with - and shelling fresh peas is inviting a mugging!

I have pointed out these are vegetables, but they just won't listen.

Thankfully they haven't started on tea yet...
Abnormal for Norfolk