Author Topic: Cat flatulence  (Read 1492 times)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Cat flatulence
« on: 27 January, 2012, 08:47:36 pm »
Hector drops his guts more than any other cat we have owned (or which has owned us).  Does anyone else have a cat which farts proudly?

It also seems to be a male cat thing (ha!); the two female cats we've had rarely, if ever, dropped their handbags but the late Mr Josh shocked my daughters by tooting his trouser trumpet loudly in front of Her Majesty, when the Royal Wedding was on TV.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

border-rider

Re: Cat flatulence
« Reply #1 on: 27 January, 2012, 08:55:20 pm »
Not audibly, but our old Amy could do silent-but-deadly when she was younger. Decent biscuit-oriented diet sorted that out.

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #2 on: 27 January, 2012, 09:11:59 pm »
Only one of my cats has a windy bottom, and it's the girl, Flora. 

Generally when she's lying down pretending to be asleep, a quiet hissing sometimes occurs and she looks around, wondering where it came from.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein

border-rider

« Reply #3 on: 27 January, 2012, 09:32:04 pm »

« Reply #4 on: 28 January, 2012, 10:27:41 am »
Yes, Zev can occasionally be a bit malodorous in the Silent but Deadly category.  I've yet to smell any obvious pongs from Kai.

So, that's more evidence for the "female cats can, and do" side of the argument. ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #5 on: 28 January, 2012, 11:06:34 am »
Ethel-the-toothless goes through phases of reeking farts. Usually it's a sign she's got a furball brewing.
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #6 on: 28 January, 2012, 11:10:31 am »
Is Hector poorly or eating something funny?

I've never heard a cat fart in my life.  Actually, it's possible that I have and mistaken it for a hooman's.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

rogerzilla

« Reply #7 on: 28 January, 2012, 12:30:51 pm »
Hector eats everything that can't outrun him.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #8 on: 28 January, 2012, 12:46:49 pm »
Try a change of diet. Wiskas is gas-factory fuel for ours. She gets biscuits as well as squidgey eyelids and earlobes.
It is simpler than it looks.

rogerzilla

« Reply #9 on: 28 January, 2012, 03:49:09 pm »
Ours have dry food in the morning and pate at night.

In the case of Mr Josh, Felix Beef was a bit like a triple-egg bhaji with added egg.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #10 on: 29 January, 2012, 02:43:54 am »
Lumen is very bad, we'd had to change her diet, she does her business twice a day but I will say that it wakes you up at 7am.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #11 on: 29 January, 2012, 09:58:08 am »
Lumen is very bad, we'd had to change her diet, she does her business twice a day but I will say that it wakes you up at 7am.

That rarely?  Zev certainly seemed to got much more frequently when she was younger, although I haven't been checking as much recently!  She seemed to belong to the small and often school of "emptying" herself.

Amusingly she tends to go first thing in the morning, when I'm also in the bathroom (there's currently a litter tray there as well), and Kai just sits there, twiddling his paws (metaphorically speaking), waiting for his breakfast. ;D
Actually, it is rocket science.

rogerzilla

« Reply #12 on: 30 January, 2012, 07:50:06 pm »
We don't have a litter tray, thank goodness.