Author Topic: Cats being terrible  (Read 4949 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Cats being terrible
« Reply #25 on: 28 July, 2015, 09:33:58 pm »
Pixie has been in the house twice since we got back...both times to have something to eat and then a poo....why do cats come into the house to have a poo? Afterall, there is next doors garden or drive they can use instead.

Probably for much the same reason that you do...

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #26 on: 28 July, 2015, 09:36:31 pm »
Tonight Pete has been scratching the doormats of everyone else in the stair and then running away.  ;D
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #27 on: 29 July, 2015, 09:56:08 am »
Tonight Pete has been scratching the doormats of everyone else in the stair and then running away.  ;D
Proper scottish kid then.

<i>Marmite slave</i>

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #28 on: 29 July, 2015, 09:40:59 pm »
Tonight he did his best to jump through the kitchen window of no53 and steal their dinner, but the window is about 6" higher than he can jump.  ;D
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #29 on: 30 July, 2015, 06:57:17 am »
I fancy that our two hooligans, Barry and Isabella (brother and sister) will be featuring in this brilliant thread quite soon. We got them as rescue kittens and they are about a year old now. We've only been letting them out in the last few months so they haven't had too much opportunity to cause mayhem but the signs are there.

Barry is a lovely cat but none too bright and managed to fall out of our bedroom window a few weeks back. Unfortunately for Barry we don't live in a bungalow and he fractured his pelvis. He's ok now and the vet is £600 better off. Thankfully we have insurance.

Despite being a small cat (*) Issie is taking on all the local cats, all of whom are bigger than her. Quite soon she's going to have the shit kicked out of her.  The other day the neighbours were showered with gravel whilst trying to enjoy a Sunday afternoon BBQ with friends. The cause of the shower was Isabella chasing their cat round and round on their garage roof.

(*) Not long after having their first cat flu jabs both cats got cat flu and became seriously ill. The vet thinks the flu was already in them having been passed to them by their mum who was a stray. The jabs triggered the flu. They were on a cocktail of drugs for about a fortnight which stunted their growth. Barry is reasonably normally sized but Issie is quite small but surprisingly heavy.

ian

« Reply #30 on: 03 August, 2015, 03:02:42 pm »
I had some late planted peas just in flower. Had. Now I have a cat with dirty paws.

Dibdib

• Fat'n'slow
« Reply #31 on: 03 August, 2015, 03:32:28 pm »
I left an upstairs window open the other day to let some fresh air in, and walked up the stairs that evening to find that the top-but-two step was curiously damp underfoot.

I wouldn't mind but I don't have a cat.  :facepalm:

essexian

« Reply #32 on: 03 August, 2015, 04:15:25 pm »
My considerably better half had to sleep in the spare bedroom last night... no, she hasn't upset me and been sent to the spare bed to reflect on her badness... but given there were four cats on our bed, she had no room. Oh and there was a further cat on the chest of draws....there was no room for him on the bed.

We did try to shoo them off but they refused to go. Closing the door on them doesn't work as they just meow to be let in.

Yes, we did try to train them as kittens but they didn't listen.