Author Topic: Easter Arrow 2019  (Read 31662 times)

bairn again

Re: Easter Arrow 2019
« Reply #75 on: 01 February, 2019, 03:47:53 pm »
Second public service announcement.

Book it on the Scotrail website and you can still do bike reservations online.  Saves the poxy ring a help line then get put on hold whilst they ask their supervisor how to do bike reservations saga.

Sadly this isn't the case anymore, still have to call up and book. In addition Scotrail tickets are not availble yet for their services on 20 April.

EDIT: after ~1 year of no bike resv. being possible through their site, it seems today its been re-enabled. Just booked an Aberdeen-Dundee service
Woo hoo  :thumbsup:

I heard that this facility was about to return. 

Phil W

« Reply #76 on: 02 February, 2019, 03:19:17 pm »

Book it on the Scotrail website and you can still do bike reservations online.  Saves the poxy ring a help line then get put on hold whilst they ask their supervisor how to do bike reservations saga.

Sadly this isn't the case anymore, still have to call up and book. In addition Scotrail tickets are not availble yet for their services on 20 April.

EDIT: after ~1 year of no bike resv. being possible through their site, it seems today its been re-enabled. Just booked an Aberdeen-Dundee service

I also used  Scotrail in July to make online bike reservations for a Virgin West coast route.  So bike reservations have not been missing for a year, unless they have on Scotrails own routes.

yorkie

• On top of the Galibier
« Reply #77 on: 02 February, 2019, 03:48:32 pm »

I also used  Scotrail in July to make online bike reservations for a Virgin West coast route.  So bike reservations have not been missing for a year, unless they have on Scotrails own routes.

I used the ScotRail website to book bike reservations with tickets last September and October for two separate Brevets, so they may have been lacking for a couple of months, if that.

Incidentally, anyone using the Transpennine Express App can book bikes through the App (certainly on Android) which I believe is the only App based ticket purchasing system with this feature (at the moment) but I may be wrong!  ;)
Born to ride my bike, forced to work! ;)

British Cycling Regional A Track Commissaire
British Cycling Regional A Circuit Commissaire
Cycling Attendant, York Sport Village Cycle Circuit and Velodrome

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #78 on: 18 February, 2019, 10:05:12 am »
ACME Team Fixed looking for a new recruit - currently numbers stand at 3, one more possible. [Actually 3 fixed, one free, so all flavours welcome.]

« Reply #79 on: 22 February, 2019, 10:44:23 pm »
ACME Team Fixed looking for a new recruit - currently numbers stand at 3, one more possible. [Actually 3 fixed, one free, so all flavours welcome.]

Me! If you're leaving on Friday morning.
About time I got out on my fixie again.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #80 on: 23 February, 2019, 06:24:58 pm »

Me! If you're leaving on Friday morning.
About time I got out on my fixie again.

We could have two teams, one fixed, one free now. Friday morning 09:00 start, TG you have a pm.

Any more on fixed or not, to get us up to more than the minimum of 3 per team?

« Reply #81 on: 24 February, 2019, 11:29:50 pm »
Hmm. I'm angling for a team, but my track record suggests I'm better with a London start ...

(Probably gears, but that assumes I've got a working bike at all, which on current form isn't guaranteed.)

Bernster

• ACME (Herts Branch)
« Reply #82 on: 25 February, 2019, 10:52:03 am »
I'm keen to ride an arrow if practical Tomsk (would be free rather than fixed), will drop you a message  :thumbsup:

Smeth

• less Grimpeur than Whimpeur...
« Reply #83 on: 25 February, 2019, 11:11:03 am »
Combined New Forest CC/Wessex CTC team coming. Hopefully we soft southerners won't get our asses kicked like last year. That was brutal.  :)

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

bairn again

« Reply #84 on: 25 February, 2019, 11:45:29 am »
Hmm. I'm angling for a team, but my track record suggests I'm better with a London start ...

(Probably gears, but that assumes I've got a working bike at all, which on current form isn't guaranteed.)
yhpm

« Reply #85 on: 02 March, 2019, 05:45:57 pm »
Some silly first-time questions....

Is the entry fee per team, or per person?

Can I/we pay and enter via paypal and then send the rest of the entry forms via post?

« Reply #86 on: 02 March, 2019, 09:02:12 pm »
'First timer' here, too, but pleased to have ancien guidance within our 'Wednesday Pub-ride' team.
I entered using paypal in January, sending £15, which I'm certain is for the whole team.
You then have to get each team member to let you have a hard copy or signed pdf of their Easter Arrow entry sheet.
http://www.aukweb.net/events/enter/19-EARO/
Instructions:
'Enter this event' and, in "By Post" click 'Entry Form' and print the pdf, sign it.
Team leader assembles those and gets a team entry form (Page 3 of)
http://www.aukweb.net/_resources/files/events/Easter_Arrow_2019_rules_and_entry_form.pdf
Fill that in and post it all off (?Large letter' stamp) with SAEs as specified.
See you in York around 8 o'clock Easter Saturday!

Bianchi Boy

• Cycling is my doctor
  • Is it possible for a ride to be too long?
    • Reading Cycling Club
« Reply #87 on: 03 March, 2019, 08:45:04 am »
'First timer' here, too, but pleased to have ancien guidance within our 'Wednesday Pub-ride' team.
I entered using paypal in January, sending £15, which I'm certain is for the whole team.
You then have to get each team member to let you have a hard copy or signed pdf of their Easter Arrow entry sheet.
Instructions:
'Enter this event' and, in "By Post" click 'Entry Form' and print the pdf, sign it.
Team leader assembles those and gets a team entry form (Page 3 of)
http://www.aukweb.net/_resources/files/events/Easter_Arrow_2019_rules_and_entry_form.pdf
Fill that in and post it all off (?Large letter' stamp) with SAEs as specified.
See you in York around 8 o'clock Easter Saturday!

I have just paid by paypal and have three team members who are not AUK members what do I do?

steve
Set a fire for a man and he will be warm for a day, set a man on fire and he is warm for the rest of his life.

« Reply #88 on: 03 March, 2019, 09:26:11 am »
Simply get them to fill in a entry form, then sent them all together with any non-member fees that are due .

megajoulesexpenditure

« Reply #89 on: 03 March, 2019, 01:44:12 pm »
Yes entry fee is per team

Yes you can enter via Paypal then send rest of entry forms/team registration form/SAE's by post :thumbsup:

Some silly first-time questions....

Is the entry fee per team, or per person?

Can I/we pay and enter via paypal and then send the rest of the entry forms via post?

« Reply #90 on: 03 March, 2019, 04:17:00 pm »
I have just paid by paypal and have three team members who are not AUK members what do I do?
steve
You have to get each team member to let you have a hard copy or signed pdf of their Easter Arrow entry sheet.
Instructions:
Non- AUK members
Click 'Enter this event' and, in "By Post" click 'Blank Entry Form for this Event'; print the pdf fill in and sign it.
As for addl £3 per non-AUK member, best ask the organiser. I would expect that you'd owe another £9.
http://www.aukweb.net/events/detail/19-EARO/ offers you the organiser's e-address. He answered my questions very clearly and promptly.
I observe that all those listed as having completed an Easter Arrow last year were AUK members:
http://www.aukweb.net/results/archive/2018/listevent/?Ride=18-EARO
Membership of AUK is a bargain - just for the magazine.

Phil W

« Reply #91 on: 06 March, 2019, 05:19:11 pm »
New route plotted for this year with, apart from one, all brand new controls. Will probably put team entry in at beginning of April. Nice to be doing an Audax that is not a PBP qualifier.

« Reply #92 on: 13 March, 2019, 05:58:40 pm »
Any teams near/reachable by train from Berkshire that need team members or anyone near there looking to form a team?

Phil W

« Reply #93 on: 18 March, 2019, 02:58:36 pm »
Team entry submitted and route pretty much finalised now.  Looking forward to the team aspect of this and it will be a good warm up a week ahead of my PBP 300 qualifier.

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #94 on: 18 March, 2019, 06:58:22 pm »
Three questions on the arrow.

1) Presumably receipts are needed to prove start location but is the ride start time the declared time or the receipt time? As I imagine buying some form of breakfast and eating before starting.

2) do we have to declare the exact control location or just name the town?

3)how is the official distance between controls calculated? Is it Google maps walking? Between named towns or receipt address?

Eddington  127miles, 170km

Smeth

• less Grimpeur than Whimpeur...
« Reply #95 on: 18 March, 2019, 07:06:08 pm »

Three questions on the arrow.

1) Presumably receipts are needed to prove start location but is the ride start time the declared time or the receipt time? As I imagine buying some form of breakfast and eating before starting.

We meet for a coffee, then get an Atm ticket as we leave at the nominated time.

2) do we have to declare the exact control location or just name the town?

If it's a small town and/or you are passing through in a relatively straight line just name the town. Otherwise more detail.

3)how is the official distance between controls calculated? Is it Google maps walking? Between named towns or receipt address?

Yes, although it's not official that is the accepted method. Secondly it's between whatever you have stated as the control. So enter your control list of places into Gmaps/walking and see if you get the minimum distance. Pretty much everyone rides extra k's to make it pretty.

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

« Reply #96 on: 24 March, 2019, 06:15:20 pm »
I sent our entry in a couple of weeks ago... any ideas when brevet cards usually arrive?

« Reply #97 on: 24 March, 2019, 06:56:50 pm »
Pretty much everyone rides extra k's to make it pretty.
The East Devon Pub Crawlers are riding one extra kilometre "to make it pretty" (6 intermediate controls).

Phil W

« Reply #98 on: 24 March, 2019, 08:35:26 pm »
I sent our entry in a couple of weeks ago... any ideas when brevet cards usually arrive?

Change of organiser this year so who knows? Was within a couple of data last year,

« Reply #99 on: 25 March, 2019, 03:29:49 pm »
Pretty much everyone rides extra k's to make it pretty.
The East Devon Pub Crawlers are riding one extra kilometre "to make it pretty" (6 intermediate controls).

LFGSS team 2 are 22km over-distance with 10 controls.

Thanks A1M.