Author Topic: 2011 Team Jerseys  (Read 1731 times)

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
2011 Team Jerseys
« on: 07 January, 2011, 06:55:59 pm »
Looks like we're in for a bit of a white/black/blue peloton this year - Sky, Garmin, Leopard, spot the difference.  You'd think that they would want to pick a design that was going to stand out.
Aero but not dynamic

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
Re: 2011 Team Jerseys
« Reply #1 on: 07 January, 2011, 07:09:37 pm »
Saxobank too, light blue and black, let us have some real bright ones please

« Reply #2 on: 08 January, 2011, 11:25:02 am »
I though that for the TdF at least they had to submit their colours so that they weren't too similar.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #3 on: 08 January, 2011, 12:47:25 pm »
I though that for the TdF at least they had to submit their colours so that they weren't too similar.

The UCI approve the designs for all the year. Teams can change on (I think) 1 occasion by prior agreement. Teams in the Tour have changed jerseys due to either a significant conflict with the Maillot Jaune (ONCE changed from yellow to pink) or if the sponsor is not allowed to advertise in France - e.g. Boule D'Or which I think were fags.

Other than that the UCI take a dim view of changed kit and fine/suspend. Bruneel has been suspended for changing his team's jerseys on last year's Tour. Cipollini regularly paid hefty fines for non-approved kit (well, his team did I guess).

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #4 on: 08 January, 2011, 02:11:53 pm »

The UCI approve the designs for all the year. Teams can change on (I think) 1 occasion by prior agreement. Teams in the Tour have changed jerseys due to either a significant conflict with the Maillot Jaune (ONCE changed from yellow to pink) or if the sponsor is not allowed to advertise in France - e.g. Boule D'Or which I think were fags.

Other than that the UCI take a dim view of changed kit and fine/suspend. Bruneel has been suspended for changing his team's jerseys on last year's Tour. Cipollini regularly paid hefty fines for non-approved kit (well, his team did I guess).

As did Rock Racing for their change fro "London Rocks" to "Britain Rocks" strips during the ToB
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #5 on: 08 January, 2011, 04:08:38 pm »
Bruneel has been suspended for changing his team's jerseys on last year's Tour.

Technically Bruyneel was suspended for calling the Comissaires a bunch of pompous stuffed shirts (or similar) in a TV interview. The team were fined, not suspended, for the 28 Jersey.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
« Reply #6 on: 15 January, 2011, 10:12:52 am »
Lampre wins as far as I'm concerned...Thumbnail Gallery Photos  | Cyclingnews.com
Aero but not dynamic