Phil Taylor
1 (2.5%)
Lee Westwood
3 (7.5%)
Amy Williams
3 (7.5%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Voting closed: 18 December, 2010, 10:03:26 am

Author Topic: Choose 1 of 10 for BBC SPOTY  (Read 5085 times)

Ray 6701

• SO @ T
    • Tamworth cycling club
Re: Choose 1 of 10 for BBC SPOTY
« Reply #25 on: 01 December, 2010, 07:11:14 pm »

David Haye is a boxing world champion in an era of poor competition, he really hasn't achieved much in relative terms.

He also rather spoiled things with his comments before the Harrison fight that the fight 'would be as one-sided as a gang rape'. Most unpleasant.

I'd vote for Ennis.

Yep David Haye is a gobby twat & as said before, fighting in an era of poor quality competition.
SR 2010/11/12/13/14/15
RRTY. PBP. LeJoG 1400. LEL.

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
« Reply #26 on: 02 December, 2010, 07:23:45 am »
I think it is a shame that Cav didn't have a season as good as the year before.
I think he showed his true mettle this year.  At the start of the year, during the build up to the Tour and during the first few stages of the Tour itself everything was going wrong for him.  So to turn things around and win 5 stages was a huge achievement.
Aero but not dynamic

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #27 on: 19 December, 2010, 10:04:01 am »
The YACF vote is now visible to all  :)
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #28 on: 19 December, 2010, 09:13:35 pm »
So some bloke who sits on horses for a living won. WTF? I can only assume there is some massive betting scam going on in horse racing circles that ensured he won. I mean, does the general voting public really give a fuck about horse racing?

The funny thing was - when he finished thanking everyone who helped him get where he is, me and my dad just turned to each other and just grinned (knowing we were both thinking exactly the same thing) "What about all the horses!!?"  ;D
Those wonderful norks are never far from my thoughts, oh yeah!

Rig of Jarkness

• An Englishman abroad
« Reply #29 on: 19 December, 2010, 09:24:23 pm »
Miss Ennis was looking delightful  :)
Aero but not dynamic

« Reply #30 on: 19 December, 2010, 09:27:48 pm »
Perhaps there should be a special award for the hottest sports man/women every year? Jess would have won the ladies trophy easily. I guess Tom would've won the mens event...

border-rider

« Reply #31 on: 19 December, 2010, 09:29:05 pm »
So some bloke who sits on horses for a living won. WTF? I can only assume there is some massive betting scam going on in horse racing circles that ensured he won. I mean, does the general voting public really give a fuck about horse racing?

Yebbut this chap has broken a shedload of records and is right on top of his game.  Even I knew who he was (only he and Cav from the final 10). Won the National this year, too

Cav has a decade to get this in the future; he's only a few years into his career trajectory

« Reply #32 on: 19 December, 2010, 09:33:29 pm »
Yebbut this chap has broken a shedload of records and is right on top of his game.  Even I knew who he was (only he and Cav from the final 10). Won the National this year, too

Cav has a decade to get this in the future; he's only a few years into his career trajectory

It's Sports personality of the year, not Sports personality of your entire career....

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #33 on: 20 December, 2010, 11:54:32 am »
Yebbut this chap has broken a shedload of records and is right on top of his game.  Even I knew who he was (only he and Cav from the final 10). Won the National this year, too

It's Sports personality of the year, not Sports personality of your entire career....

Which explains why Ryan Giggs won last ye, errrr, hang on...
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime