Author Topic: [LEL17] Urgent Help Needed  (Read 2649 times)

[LEL17] Urgent Help Needed
« on: 16 October, 2017, 06:03:27 pm »
A friend of mine who, unfortunately, DNFd in the Summer is - rather ambitiously -- currently attempting LEL solo.

He is near Pocklington at the moment, but needs to charge his etap gear batteries, which have failed.

Is anyone near the LEL route able to help or know of someone who might be able to help?

Re: Urgent Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: 16 October, 2017, 06:20:23 pm »
Try York Cycleworks, apparently they stock the eTap stuff: http://www.yorkcycleworks.com/blog/2016/4/28/etap-is-here

He'll have to follow the A1079 into York from Pocklington (which is a shit road), but the bike shop is on the left just before the old city walls, which he won't be able to miss.

Graeme

• @fatherhilarious.blog 🦋
    • Graeme's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 16 October, 2017, 07:10:26 pm »
A friend of mine who, unfortunately, DNFd in the Summer is - rather ambitiously -- currently attempting LEL solo.

He is near Pocklington at the moment, but needs to charge his etap gear batteries, which have failed.

Is anyone near the LEL route able to help or know of someone who might be able to help?

Have they failed? Following that link from Deano there are the CR2032 replaceable batteries in the shifters, but the derailleurs will last 60 hours between recharges. If your friend gets them recharged northbound, and wants another recharge southbound, I live near the Humber Bridge northern end and could help him out.

« Reply #3 on: 16 October, 2017, 07:24:26 pm »
Have they failed? Following that link from Deano there are the CR2032 replaceable batteries in the shifters, but the derailleurs will last 60 hours between recharges. If your friend gets them recharged northbound, and wants another recharge southbound, I live near the Humber Bridge northern end and could help him out.

Apologies - I should have been clearer.  As far as I am aware, they haven't failed but "simply" need a re-charge....

Graeme

• @fatherhilarious.blog 🦋
    • Graeme's Blog
« Reply #4 on: 16 October, 2017, 07:33:00 pm »

Apologies - I should have been clearer.  As far as I am aware, they haven't failed but "simply" need a re-charge....

Do let me know if you need help southbound. :)

« Reply #5 on: 16 October, 2017, 07:42:47 pm »
Do let me know if you need help southbound. :)

Many thanks! I will let him know.  I don't know exactly where he is at the moment, I just know that he is near Pocklington, heading south

« Reply #6 on: 16 October, 2017, 09:21:42 pm »
UPDATE. Panic over - he's found his spares! He's now cycling solo through the night to avoid the winds (having made it to Edinburgh in around 38 hours). Rather him than me.....

Thanks for the help though.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #7 on: 16 October, 2017, 09:39:23 pm »
Chapeau!