Author Topic: Super-Twat  (Read 881541 times)

ian

Re: Super-Twat
« Reply #2950 on: 20 February, 2018, 08:59:59 pm »
Isabel Oakeshott  >:(   
https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/965964011232792577

I dunno, it was worth it for...

...I don't think you understand how averages work, Isabel.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2951 on: 20 February, 2018, 09:34:35 pm »
This is specifically payment in lieu of notice, not severance pay, according to the article, so I'm surprised it wasn't taxed already.  If you work your notice instead of taking gardening leave, you'd expect to pay tax as it's just normal salary.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #2952 on: 20 February, 2018, 09:44:24 pm »
Sometimes you don't get the opportunity to work out your 'notice' though.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #2953 on: 21 February, 2018, 12:00:47 am »
This is specifically payment in lieu of notice, not severance pay, according to the article, so I'm surprised it wasn't taxed already.  If you work your notice instead of taking gardening leave, you'd expect to pay tax as it's just normal salary.
Just take .5% more off those that earn over 200k instead...?
It is simpler than it looks.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #2954 on: 21 February, 2018, 09:23:37 am »

Anyone who uses the phrase 'political correctness' non-ironically belongs here.

« Reply #2955 on: 21 February, 2018, 10:02:38 am »
Used to be a £30,000 allowance thinks. Interesting that the unemployment figures are now rising.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2956 on: 21 February, 2018, 11:19:39 am »
My understanding from our union bods in the wake of our pensions shafting is that the tax only affects pay in lieu of notice. The actual redundancy (or voluntary severance pay) is still tax free up to £30k.

It becomes complicated if you plan to take your severance pay over into the next FY if you've got pay in lieu to consider as well, and of course there's a gotcha in that many larger companies have a 3 month notice period but generally only operate a 1 month notice period. It could be argued that some of your severance pay is pay in lieu of the unenforced 2 months.

But like most things, most of us won't look into the detail in any detail until it actually affects us, by which time it'll be too late to kick off about the changes. 
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2957 on: 21 February, 2018, 12:14:46 pm »
Interesting that the unemployment figures are now rising.

Unemployment figures mostly reflect the effectiveness of the various ways that successive governments have found to cook the unemployment figures, they don't really indicate anything useful.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2958 on: 21 February, 2018, 12:15:05 pm »

Anyone who uses the phrase 'political correctness' non-ironically belongs here.
I liked the suggestion to replace the words 'political correctness' with 'common decency' at all times. :)
Getting there...

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2959 on: 21 February, 2018, 12:27:13 pm »
Used to be a £30,000 allowance thinks. Interesting that the unemployment figures are now rising.

Since The Wrong Hammond assured us there were no unemployed people not long ago, they could hardly go down ;)
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #2960 on: 22 February, 2018, 12:15:27 am »
My understanding from our union bods in the wake of our pensions shafting is that the tax only affects pay in lieu of notice. The actual redundancy (or voluntary severance pay) is still tax free up to £30k.

I am almost sure that PILON was already taxable, if your employment contract gives the employer the right to impose it - which most do. Certainly that's what I was told in 2012 or so.

« Reply #2961 on: 22 February, 2018, 06:52:49 am »
Donald J. Shitforbrains.

Assailants and crimes use guns not only because they make the task easier, not only because they think that it makes them cool, not only because it depersonalises the assault, but also because law enforcement also carry and use guns.  Adding more guns to the cocktail is like pouring paraffin on a fire.

A fool and their brane should be forever parted.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2962 on: 22 February, 2018, 08:45:17 am »
I think that we should make sure that they are kept together, but maybe have a word with the nice Elon chap to find a role for the fool AND his brane as a component of the ballast of his next heavy lifter rocket.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #2963 on: 22 February, 2018, 12:48:33 pm »
I think that we should make sure that they are kept together, but maybe have a word with the nice Elon chap to find a role for the fool AND his brane as a component of the ballast of his next heavy lifter rocket.
I think that's mighty unfair on the aliens.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #2964 on: 22 February, 2018, 04:44:44 pm »
NRA chief Wayne LaPierre: https://twitter.com/CNNPolitics/status/966691126416760835

A truly evil creature.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #2965 on: 23 February, 2018, 04:29:11 pm »
Donald J. Shitforbrains yet again.

So, the shootings are the fault of the armed deputy who didn't enter the building are they?  So, arming a member of staff will deter and prevent such incidents will they?

You Donald J. Shitforbrains and the NRA are primarily responsible for promoting and defending gun ownership in the way that you do and therefore you must take some of the blame for the ongoing problems faced in the US.

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #2966 on: 23 February, 2018, 05:55:35 pm »
I feel rather sorry for the officer involved.  The gunman in the school had a semi-automatic assault rifle and heaven only knows how many rounds of ammunition in an undetermined number of magazines.  The police officer had a hand-gun with, I assume,  somewhere in the region of half a dozen to a dozen rounds and very likely a much shorter killing range than the gunman's rifle. 

Just how much difference do idiots like the orange buffoon expect anyone to be able to make in that sort of a situation?  It isn't Die Hard or Rambo or any other Hollywood "Lone Hero" fantasy story.  "Pluck" and "grit" do not make up for that kind of difference in fire-power. 

As far as I can see there's being brave and there's being a suicidal idiot. Trying to take on someone with that sort of disparity in weaponry is simply stupid and suicidal.
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #2967 on: 23 February, 2018, 06:10:08 pm »
I find the nerve of someone who chickened out of the Vietnam war because he had a sore foot calling anyone a coward quite repulsive.
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2968 on: 23 February, 2018, 06:21:58 pm »
I find the nerve of someone who chickened out of the Vietnam war because he had a suspiciously convenient sore foot calling anyone a coward quite repulsive.
FTFY  :D

« Reply #2969 on: 23 February, 2018, 06:24:32 pm »
I find the nerve of someone who chickened out of the Vietnam war because he had a sore foot calling anyone a coward quite repulsive.

Couldn't agree more. 

I feel rather sorry for the officer involved.  The gunman in the school had a semi-automatic assault rifle and heaven only knows how many rounds of ammunition in an undetermined number of magazines.  The police officer had a hand-gun with, I assume,  somewhere in the region of half a dozen to a dozen rounds and very likely a much shorter killing range than the gunman's rifle. 

Just how much difference do idiots like the orange buffoon expect anyone to be able to make in that sort of a situation?  It isn't Die Hard or Rambo or any other Hollywood "Lone Hero" fantasy story.  "Pluck" and "grit" do not make up for that kind of difference in fire-power. 

As far as I can see there's being brave and there's being a suicidal idiot. Trying to take on someone with that sort of disparity in weaponry is simply stupid and suicidal.

Of course, what the NRA and the Orange One clearly do not want to understand is that by having weapons so freely available the idiot simply loads up with as much as they can carry.  If you think that you might be shot at you take a bigger gun.

The term 'arms race' means nothing to the orange-arsed baboon.

« Reply #2970 on: 25 February, 2018, 09:31:37 am »
Ben Bradley - Grand Master Twitter Twatter!!!

Points and laughs:  HA HA!    :smug:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #2971 on: 26 February, 2018, 09:53:09 am »
Jeremy Hunt, for receiving (and awarding to himself) recognition of his sterling efforts in the field of Patient Safety.

SuperTwat!
Getting there...

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #2972 on: 26 February, 2018, 10:29:18 am »
UBER-Twat.

Wonder if he's got shares . . .
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #2973 on: 26 February, 2018, 10:48:30 am »
Why doesn't the uber-twat just get on with sorting the huge problems with the NHS on his watch and not bother to get involved in the brexit debate.

I with that these politicians would just do their jobs.  It's what they get rather excessively rewarded for.

« Reply #2974 on: 26 February, 2018, 11:16:55 am »
I would actually award the S-T to the Patient Safety Movement Foundation, for giving the patient safety award to JH
<i>Marmite slave</i>