Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1744598 times)

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #12625 on: 20 September, 2018, 04:27:24 pm »
EPIPHANY, perhaps we should begin applying our minds.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #12626 on: 20 September, 2018, 04:31:27 pm »

Isn`t it your mind organising it? Get it applied daft lad.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12627 on: 20 September, 2018, 04:32:35 pm »

Isn`t it your mind organising it? Get it applied daft lad.

It is applied.  But we need to set a date.  Click the link.

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #12628 on: 21 September, 2018, 11:35:43 am »
We've never done that other pub up the road from Chequers yet?

I've updated next week's pub. I'll fire up the pseudo random compass based pub location generator later this week and populate the calendar with locations.

Don't think so and thank you  :-*
That other pub is the Cricketers, opposite the old village school and the alpacas. I have not tried it, could always proceed to the Chequers if it turns out to be unworthy of our custom.
In the spirit of self sacrifice I paused at the Cricketers on my homeward commute last night.
Nice very clean pub with two bars, pool table in one. I was the only customer - landlord very pleasant and rather chatty. In the landlords words its a lager pub.
Real ale option is Ghost Ship (£3.60) which was in good condition, plus a couple of bottled ales. Merlot is available. I only tried the Ghost Ship before resuming my homeward journey.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12629 on: 21 September, 2018, 11:41:04 am »
Well done BFC  :thumbsup:

Where else shall we send him?  He could be our Mystery Shopper who we send on ahead to check an unfamiliar pub is worthy of a MEMWNS visit.  Did we ever get to The Endeavour?  I've always wanted to go since ted mentioned it a while back.  We drove past last night and from what I could see through the windows it looked OK.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12630 on: 21 September, 2018, 01:31:25 pm »
We've done The 'dev (this year I think) landlord was good in allowing us to put bikes in rear beer garden.  I've been there a couple of times as well. Good sunday lunch and ticks a box for my in that it's themed around a bloke who was born in my home village.

Only issue I think was when we visited it was a darts comp night so quite busy to move around until that finished.

I will include it on the pseudo random compass based pub forward planning when I get started on it.
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #12631 on: 21 September, 2018, 01:43:17 pm »
I saw the BFC heading to the Compasses.  I waited a respectful distance behind him until the road cleared ahead - unlike the guy in the black pick up truck that overtook several cars behind me and the BFC right on a bend  >:(
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12632 on: 21 September, 2018, 02:15:00 pm »
I saw the BFC heading to the Compasses.  I waited a respectful distance behind him until the road cleared ahead - unlike the guy in the black pick up truck that overtook several cars behind me and the BFC right on a bend >:(

I am concerned by the fact that our BFC seems to attract twatish drivers.  Perhaps we need to wrap him in bubble wrap.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12633 on: 24 September, 2018, 02:53:28 pm »
Hello, I appreciate that a significant portion of our number are still across the North Sea but for those of us thinking of venturing out tomorrow evening a gentle reminder that the target pub is The Chequers at Goldhanger.  To the Witham Peloton I offer THIS JEWEL of a route.

Now that the wind has stopped blowing dogs from their chains, and now that we are all on the same side of the North Sea normal service can be resumed on a Wednesday evening.  Last week's deferred objective is now this week's objective so you are all cordially invited to convene at The Chequers, Goldhanger.  Members of the Witham Peloton are also invited to follow the above mentioned route.  I saw our special guest Hayley at spinning this morning and she is still up for riding with us from Spa Road  :thumbsup:

« Reply #12634 on: 24 September, 2018, 03:59:42 pm »
Slightly convoluted and with probably a 9.30 ETA.  Are we making a statement this week ?
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12635 on: 24 September, 2018, 04:03:55 pm »
Slightly convoluted and with probably a 9.30 ETA.  Are we making a statement this week ?

Well, apparently, if the press is to be believed we are staring down the barrel of 4 months of snow starting imminently, so best get the miles in now don't you think?

« Reply #12636 on: 24 September, 2018, 04:29:12 pm »
A lovely route. Although you could shorten it by actually deigning to go up the damn hill, instead of around it...
Turn, turn, turn again
Turn, turn to the rain
And the wind

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12637 on: 24 September, 2018, 04:31:16 pm »
A lovely route. Although you could shorten it by actually deigning to go up the damn hill, instead of around it...

Why?  Remember, we’re supposed to be having fun!

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12638 on: 24 September, 2018, 06:24:48 pm »
Hello, I appreciate that a significant portion of our number are still across the North Sea but for those of us thinking of venturing out tomorrow evening a gentle reminder that the target pub is The Chequers at Goldhanger.  To the Witham Peloton I offer THIS JEWEL of a route.

Now that the wind has stopped blowing dogs from their chains, and now that we are all on the same side of the North Sea normal service can be resumed on a Wednesday evening.  Last week's deferred objective is now this week's objective so you are all cordially invited to convene at The Chequers, Goldhanger.  Members of the Witham Peloton are also invited to follow the above mentioned route.  I saw our special guest Hayley at spinning this morning and she is still up for riding with us from Spa Road  :thumbsup:

How bizarre!! It will be almost a year to the day we last went to that venue! I thought we had been more recently than that?
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12639 on: 24 September, 2018, 06:28:50 pm »
You sound surprised. All part of the plan!

« Reply #12640 on: 24 September, 2018, 07:47:05 pm »
There's a PLAN!!!! :facepalm:

Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
« Reply #12641 on: 25 September, 2018, 07:29:29 pm »

What is the difference between a plan and a conspiracy? I believe a conspiracy requires multiple "planners"

Anyway, Chequers of Goldhanger for Wednesday night this week, no named storms to deter the crowds or the regulars, stupid wigley route provided by OD, but I don't care about the extra miles so planning to turn out and go with the flow.

If anyone wants to try the Cricketers, I'll see you at the Chequers.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12642 on: 25 September, 2018, 08:34:17 pm »

There most certainly is a plan. No-one knows what the plan is or what it’s designed to achieve but there is a plan.

« Reply #12643 on: 26 September, 2018, 01:36:41 pm »
Goldhanger a bit too far for me, I'm afraid. Will hope for a more favourable draw next week.

Elliot

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12644 on: 26 September, 2018, 04:13:01 pm »
Probably The Sun At Feering next week (beer festival rules)  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #12645 on: 26 September, 2018, 04:24:18 pm »
I seem to be cultivating man flu so I'm unlikely to be out to play this evening  :'(
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #12646 on: 26 September, 2018, 04:43:12 pm »
Oh dear, I hope you survive.

Please don`t let it just be me and OD`s wandering hands!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12647 on: 26 September, 2018, 04:45:34 pm »
Oh dear, I hope you survive.

Please don`t let it just be me and OD`s wandering hands!

:-* our special guest is still keen. And it’s a full moon!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12648 on: 26 September, 2018, 04:49:47 pm »
And it’s Healing Hands, not wandering. You’re either guilty of wishful thinking or mistaking me for someone else  >:(

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12649 on: 26 September, 2018, 05:22:19 pm »
That's a heck of a route you've put together Steve - was thinking about riding out to Spa but i'd be on for almost a 90km ride tonight!

See you at teh pub around 21:45 then?  :facepalm:
Regards,

Joergen