Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 3005358 times)

ian

Re: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own
« Reply #21950 on: 13 December, 2017, 10:15:11 am »
No, that's Pepperoni Pig (and her sister, Bacon Sprinkles.)

Re: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own
« Reply #21951 on: 13 December, 2017, 10:15:57 am »
Ah, the BMJ Christmas issue - always good fun. Wasn't the parachute effectiveness trial one of those?

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #21952 on: 13 December, 2017, 12:06:01 pm »
The PMC of the central WO's and Sgt's Mess has just referred to me as "Awesome" in an email to the camp Chf of Staff 8)
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

« Reply #21953 on: 13 December, 2017, 01:12:26 pm »
AAISP have been at it again, Broadband signal achieved over wet string  :D

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #21954 on: 13 December, 2017, 01:44:42 pm »
The PMC of the central WO's and Sgt's Mess has just referred to me as "Awesome" in an email to the camp Chf of Staff 8)

Should the camp Chief of Staff be referred to the grammar thread?
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #21955 on: 14 December, 2017, 12:18:21 am »
I have a new great-niece. She is called Charlotte. This is pleasing!

She is what is known as a "encaul" baby - her amniotic sac was still intact when she was born. I understand that this occurs in one birth every 80000.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #21956 on: 14 December, 2017, 12:36:30 am »
Congratulations Wow!

Charlotte does Charlotte share her 13/12 birthday with Auntie C, or does high-tech news mean she doesn't?

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #21957 on: 14 December, 2017, 06:02:24 am »
I am pondering why the online "enter your postcode and pick the address from the list" wossnames have started to show a Flat B sharing the house number of Larrington Towers.  I mean, I've lived here for twenty-one years and own the place outright, so I think I'd have noticed if someone decided to turn the place into two separate residences ???
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21958 on: 14 December, 2017, 08:20:26 am »

She is what is known as a "encaul" baby - her amniotic sac was still intact when she was born. I understand that this occurs in one birth every 80000.

Congrats!

I believe* it also confers second sight.

*not really
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #21959 on: 14 December, 2017, 08:31:53 am »
I am pondering why the online "enter your postcode and pick the address from the list" wossnames have started to show a Flat B sharing the house number of Larrington Towers.  I mean, I've lived here for twenty-one years and own the place outright, so I think I'd have noticed if someone decided to turn the place into two separate residences ???

Fraud?

Using your address to obtain credit etc?
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #21960 on: 14 December, 2017, 10:23:50 am »

Should the camp Chief of Staff be referred to the grammar thread?

I could of have worded that differently, but I like the ambiguity. ;D
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #21961 on: 14 December, 2017, 01:33:00 pm »

Babies born with a caul are said to have second sight, so she's going to be a spooky Charlotte!
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

ElyDave

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #21963 on: 15 December, 2017, 11:21:36 am »
This is cool and a bit eerie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZJghIk7_VA

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #21964 on: 15 December, 2017, 10:56:48 pm »
Mannequin Skywalker...  ;D
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

ElyDave

« Reply #21965 on: 15 December, 2017, 11:04:20 pm »
no wonder they say "in space nobody can hear you scream"

that was bloody noisy

« Reply #21966 on: 16 December, 2017, 11:34:44 pm »
Just because you can, does not mean you should:

https://twitter.com/GlytchTech/status/942139173921873921

Worth reading the replies. ;D
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #21967 on: 17 December, 2017, 01:00:09 pm »
(Snort)

I though Red Bull were supposed to have the best aerodynamicists?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #21968 on: 18 December, 2017, 08:03:58 am »
Looking for a last minute present for that fixie friend?

https://gorillagoodies.com/products/hipster-nativity-set

« Reply #21969 on: 18 December, 2017, 10:52:31 am »

Should have run it with cow standing arse to the wind. Bet it has better Cd that way round.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #21970 on: 18 December, 2017, 12:35:33 pm »

Should have run it with cow standing arse to the wind. Bet it has better Cd that way round.

So you're saying a cow is the ungulate equivalent of the Austin All_Aggro, then?  ;D
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #21971 on: 18 December, 2017, 06:02:37 pm »
I have just seen this on BFB*, posted by a friend/former pupil.

Sitting on a bus behind a car who stops right in the way to let his passenger out...ambulance approaching behind, still no rush
Fellow bus passengers, 'who's he letting out bloody rock star?!'
Out comes Brian May

*Bloody Face Book
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

essexian

« Reply #21972 on: 20 December, 2017, 06:41:33 pm »
Just had the sh*t scared out of me whilst walking to the chip shop..... no CBH didn't catch me having banned food for tea, she is out this evening.... but as I walked along the main road, I heard a loud crash and saw something bouncing towards me in the dark. Moving quickly out of the way and noticing the car which had just gone by was doing an emergency stop, I looked at the object and to my horror worked out that it was a baby seat!

Rushing over to the seat, I was expecting to see and hear the crying of a baby but nothing. Checking around me, I couldn't see a child so was rather worried until I saw the car driver walking towards me without a care in the world. "Please say the seat was empty" I said. Yes, he replied with a smile.

Stupidly, the bloke had simply put the seat in the back of the car but had not closed the door correctly so when it went around the bend, the door came open and the rest is history..... ;D :facepalm:

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #21973 on: 20 December, 2017, 07:06:45 pm »
http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/police-officer-riding-bike-pulls-952101
Bentley driver gets pulled over for phone-driving by cycling cop. I didn't know we even had any police on bikes here!
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

LEE

• "Shut Up Jens" - Legs.
« Reply #21974 on: 21 December, 2017, 11:53:28 am »
BBC - Double-decker's roof torn off by bridge in Bournville

No, this is NOT what happened.  The bridge did fuck all.  The BBC are confusing a passive bridge, minding its own business, with Godzilla here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-42435613
Some people say I'm self-obsessed but that's enough about them.