Author Topic: Stolen in Oxford - Surly Crosscheck  (Read 843 times)

Stolen in Oxford - Surly Crosscheck
« on: 29 August, 2013, 07:54:18 pm »
I've been cycling in Oxford for ten years, and I guess my luck had to run out at some point.
I had my Crosscheck stolen this morning from outside the Dyson Perrin building in the University science area, just off South Parks Road.

Description of the bike:

Surly Crosscheck 52cm, black
Campagnolo Mirage groupset from about 2005
Tektro cantilever brakes
FSA Omega handlebars
FSA stem
FSA seatpost
Selle Italia SLR XP saddle
Blue handlebar tape
Mavic open sport rims on Campagnolo Mirage hubs
Continental Cyclo Cross 42mm tyres

I'd appreciate it if people could keep their eyes peeled!  If you see it, please report it to Thames Valley Police.  Thanks!

Clare

• Is in NZ
Re: Stolen in Oxford - Surly Crosscheck
« Reply #1 on: 29 August, 2013, 08:45:57 pm »
Bastards, bastards from bastardville. I hope they suffer gangrenous everything for as long as they live.

Not likely to see it down here but any chance of a photo or two so we can see what we are looking out for?

« Reply #2 on: 30 August, 2013, 12:11:15 pm »
Thanks Clare.  I had a look through my photos last night and I actually don't have one!

It had eggbeater pedals on, which are difficult to ride without clipless shoes, so hopefully the scrote fell off and broke his face.

« Reply #3 on: 08 September, 2013, 02:53:09 pm »
A bittersweet ending to this tale: the Police have nicked the thief and he has admitted to stealing it.  Whether he admits it in court remains to be seen.  He's out on bail for another offence and hopefully they'll through the full force of the law behind him.  (Community service then, probably  :P)

He's not saying who has taken the bike for him, though, so it's unlikely I'll get it back.  Going to talk to the insurance company this afternoon, but I think it's time to build a tatty singlespeed, like I used to ride to work.