Author Topic: So what do yours want for Christmas?  (Read 10932 times)

rae

So what do yours want for Christmas?
« on: 16 December, 2008, 10:06:11 pm »
Eldest:

1) The biggest bike in school (check, got that in the shed)
2) A button to turn me invisible  (OK, that's a toughie, I'll have to have a chat with my friends at Qinetiq.)

Youngest:

1) A button to turn <name removed to protect the innocent> into a frog.

Julian

• samoture
Re: So what do yours want for Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: 16 December, 2008, 10:08:47 pm »
Well, that's easy.  Biggest bike in the shed for the eldest, and a button each. 

After all, most xmas toys don't come with batteries, and magic buttons are just the same.   ;D

It's a good thing I don't want kids - it'll save me a fortune on future therapists' fees.

Martin

« Reply #2 on: 16 December, 2008, 10:09:18 pm »
Eldest;

a Kink BMX (in a box in the living room already)

Youngest;

Nintendo software (at least it's not hardware  :))

Vernon

• zzzZZZzzz
« Reply #3 on: 16 December, 2008, 10:13:58 pm »
Well, that's easy.  Biggest bike in the shed for the eldest, and a button each. 

After all, most xmas toys don't come with batteries, and magic buttons are just the same.   ;D

It's a good thing I don't want kids - it'll save me a fortune on future therapists' fees.

Mmmm. magic buttons....

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #4 on: 16 December, 2008, 10:18:57 pm »
A family friend's little boy is very good at writing his letters but very bad at making them into recognisable words. A couple of years ago his letter to Father Christmas looked something like this (but handwritten)

dahig hlbnfh

riyjbnfl irhinb klfhng dkaor mcs oirhgjaxc n rkjhy xk, aohrj rhygian cjhsihjf xmnzb oshnn m, iohjainx

ahiraik cmc mnzihjfdj ierkhgai ckzc, josjg ihgknk

angksnhirhj cksa slgj skanb pnsnjsdoj ljal x iwgajd

wiqgh aashn cmnaoi bjsah

When his parents asked him to tell them what he'd asked for, he refused on the grounds they didn't need to know because Father Christmas would know.  :o
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

chris

• (aka chris)
« Reply #5 on: 16 December, 2008, 10:23:37 pm »
Katie (14) - Some nice 700c wheels for her bike.

Lewis (11) - A real tool kit.

Zoe (9) - Anything to do with High School Musical.

Julian

• samoture
« Reply #6 on: 16 December, 2008, 10:24:37 pm »
Now those are sensible children.  :thumbsup:

*secretly after a High School Musical lunchbox to take to court*

« Reply #7 on: 16 December, 2008, 10:31:56 pm »
Pcolbeck junior (12) A Wii fit board and a packet of blue tac and a money box that's like an ATM. He really really wants an Xbox360 and Halo but hasn't mentioned it for months as I quite strongly said he couldn't have one a while ago as he already has a PS2 and a Wii (he saved up for a year and bought the Wii himself). He will be well made up when he sees the Xbox Santa has got him :) No new games for the Ps2 these days so I gave in since we didn't get him anything for coming in the top 10 in his year at school and hasn't nagged for one.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #8 on: 17 December, 2008, 12:19:49 am »
MacBook Air for one of them and some pony toys stuff for the other.

So that's one happy kid then.
It is simpler than it looks.

« Reply #9 on: 17 December, 2008, 12:32:10 am »
I need something for my Niece, she's five-six-ish, and clearly as an uncle, I need to find something noisy and/or messy (revenge against my older brother!).

Hmm... thinks...
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #10 on: 17 December, 2008, 12:37:24 am »
I always find that small electric okeyboards do the trick. Here's a nice pink one :)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #11 on: 17 December, 2008, 12:43:58 am »
Me at the tender age of 8 (erm ok ... 38) LEGO.

If I had any kids, s/he would get LEGO even if they wanted something else the would get LEGO.

LEGO it is and always will be LEGO!
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #12 on: 17 December, 2008, 12:52:50 am »
I need something for my Niece, she's five-six-ish, and clearly as an uncle, I need to find something noisy and/or messy (revenge against my older brother!).

Hmm... thinks...

I always find that small electric keyboards do the trick. Here's a nice pink one :)

Nah, keyboards aren't noisy enough and often come with volume controls which allows the parents to spoil the fun. Kids get pretty bored of them quickly too as soon as they realise that pressing random keys doesn't produce a decent tune. For proper parental annoyance you need some drums and more drums. No kid ever gets sick of battering the s**t out of them. My sister-in-law almost killed me for buying my nephew those. Took him 6 months before he was bored of them  ;D

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #13 on: 17 December, 2008, 12:58:23 am »

Hmm... thinks...

Some Clackers will do the the trick....

ChrisO

« Reply #14 on: 17 December, 2008, 03:58:30 am »
Me at the tender age of 8 (erm ok ... 38) LEGO.

If I had any kids, s/he would get LEGO even if they wanted something else the would get LEGO.

LEGO it is and always will be LEGO!

You'd get on with my 9 year old WP - he wants Lego, Lego and more Lego. He wants to be a Lego designer when he grows up, he plays Lego Batman and Lego Indiana Jones on the X-Box (and Lego Star Wars obviously), he has a Lego lunchbox and he plays online games on the Lego Club site.

The oldest (nearly 12) wants an iPod Nano or a pair of Oakleys - he'll get the iPod and we'll suggest he buys the Oakleys with the money he will get from grandparents etc.

The youngest (6) is VERY into Christmas and has prepared an exhaustive list for Father Christmas. It's a mix of kitten things, puppy things, pony things and pink things but she's also developing a taste for dinosaurs and fossils/crystals as well. Mrs Chriso is in charge of deciding how to prioritise the list.

« Reply #15 on: 17 December, 2008, 05:56:58 am »
Son1 would like an Ipod Classic and various Wii / DS games
Son2 doesn't know what big present he wants but would like some Wii / DS games too.

Son1 will be mega surprised by the Acer laptop that Nanny and Grandad have got him.  It is the dognuts  ;D

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #16 on: 17 December, 2008, 08:53:35 am »
It is simpler than it looks.

Regulator

• That's Councillor Regulator to you...
« Reply #17 on: 17 December, 2008, 09:13:00 am »
Mr R and I gave my nieces and nephews their presents last weekend (as we'll be away for Christmas).

Eldest nephew (15) got an X-Box game he was after.

Eldest niece (12) got some posh nail polish pens.  Her mother approved.

Other nephew (10) got a metal detector and is now driving his father insane.

Other niece (9) got a Bindeez set and is making 'jewelery' for the family.

Luckily, both nieces are also interested in jewelery (the Price genes win out there) which will make life easier in the future...
Quote from: clarion
I completely agree with Reg.

Green Party Councillor

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #18 on: 17 December, 2008, 09:18:31 am »
Our Kid wants a wethepeople BMX. No chance!

Superstoker wants Green Day's entire back catalogue, and, ideally, Billy-Joe (or whatever his name is) to come round and play Playstation games with him, or summat.  Well, I got him a CD and some PSP games, so let's see... :-\
Getting there...

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #19 on: 17 December, 2008, 09:25:18 am »
TLD has told us in no uncertain terms that she wants a Digital Camera for christmas, and it has to have two important qualities:
1) It has to be PINK
2) She has to be able to drop it (and presumably still be able to use it afterwards)

She will be made up when she gets her lovely Vtech camera on Xmas morning.

The singing/dancing/acting lessons will go down well too, I am sure, Grandma and Grandad F are paying for them...

Clarion, as a recommendation I would get SS "Bullet From A Bible" (it's the live recording of their gig at MK a while ago) as it covers most of their catalogue and comes with a Live DVD.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

ChrisO

« Reply #20 on: 17 December, 2008, 09:54:37 am »

Superstoker wants Green Day's entire back catalogue, and, ideally, Billy-Joe (or whatever his name is) to come round and play Playstation games with him, or summat.  Well, I got him a CD and some PSP games, so let's see... :-\

Dookie is the only Green Day album necessary, and everyone should have it.

rr

« Reply #21 on: 17 December, 2008, 10:02:42 am »
Micro (5) a pink DS
Mini (7) an Isla Bike Beinne 26 coming today

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #22 on: 17 December, 2008, 10:38:43 am »
He has Dookie :)  That's why he wants to get the rest of the old stuff.  I got International Superhits, which was the only one in the shop :-\

Bullet in a Bible - he did say he wanted that, but I've not found it.  Still, he should be happy with what he has, and it's not far to his birthday ;)
Getting there...

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #23 on: 17 December, 2008, 10:50:40 am »
Dosh, dosh, dosh & dosh.

It's not earning any interest so they might as well have it.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #24 on: 17 December, 2008, 10:53:14 am »

Picked up a Green Day backing tacks CD and guitar music book for Pcolbeck junior in France a few months ago. He is getting that as one of his presents.