Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1576050 times)

mcshroom

• Mushroom
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #1050 on: 16 November, 2011, 03:29:54 pm »
If you are going to do a site transport survey, please don't write half the questions assuming I drive in.

You gave me the option to say I cycled in and explain my route, then ask me whether I'd be more likely to cycle/walk if you put car parks in different places or offered park and ride etc. :facepalm:
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #1051 on: 16 November, 2011, 03:40:32 pm »
Talktalk Business.

The clue is in the company name. <$Surname> IT Service LTD.

So don't treat me like a dummy, trying to explain to me what LLU is.

Also, try checking your records BEFORE you ring me to offer me a better deal, then find I am actually on it!!!!

You wonder why I was laughing whilst you were on the phone? the answer is there ^

It would be in the rant thread, but TBH it just made me laugh today :)
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #1052 on: 16 November, 2011, 07:38:29 pm »
Fantastic! It looks like my car may (or may not) have an oil leak. That's it! I quit, it's just one bloody thing after another!

(Just gonna keep going when I head to work tomorrow, I reckon I can cycle to Dover and get across to France, from there onwards!)
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

essexian

« Reply #1053 on: 17 November, 2011, 08:44:02 am »
Went to the hosptial yesterday to have an ECG: been having minor chest pains for about  week. Heart problems run in our family.

So, yesterday completely pain free..... Today, ECG done, chest pains back  :facepalm:

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1054 on: 17 November, 2011, 04:23:29 pm »
Should have had some root-canal surgery completed today - no such luck.

Not only was the tooth still infected (diabetes = suppressed immune system = infections can take ages to shift) but the dentist discovered that the tooth had a fourth root which didn't show up on the X-ray, therefore it needed to be excavated as well. Hrrmph.

The net result was the roots being filled with calcium hydroxide gel and covered with yet another temporary filling and being told that if the infection hasn't cleared up by the next appointment in a fortnight, the tooth may have to be extracted. Damn, arse and buggeration.

« Reply #1055 on: 17 November, 2011, 04:26:08 pm »
If your dental work involves arse buggeration, I suggest you try another dentist. Your current one is doing it all wrong.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1056 on: 17 November, 2011, 04:26:51 pm »
If your dental work involves arse buggeration, I suggest you try another dentist. Your current one is doing it all wrong.
You haven't seen my dentist ;)
She's very easy on the eyes (teeth, not so much) and is a cyclist too ...

« Reply #1057 on: 17 November, 2011, 04:29:08 pm »
Next Step adviser, Heidi: That's twice in a week you kept me waiting more than 15 minutes. Worse still you made no mention of it, nor was an apology forthcoming. Very tardy. I may only be one of the 2.6 million on the dole, but that's no excuse.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #1058 on: 17 November, 2011, 05:46:02 pm »
An Error Has Occurred!
The server is currently under high stress. Please try again shortly.

Grumble, grumble
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #1059 on: 17 November, 2011, 06:37:29 pm »
I thought, seeing as I'm the only one home tonight, the house would be no worse than when I left this morning.
I was wrong.
The little darlings have been home, generated (more) mess and gone out.
How come I am the only one who can wield a dishcloth & wipe a surface?

« Reply #1060 on: 17 November, 2011, 08:12:36 pm »
Horse of mine...

I love you dearly.  But there are times when I don't like you much!

We know you're a bully in the field, so you've been on isolation for months.  Finally got a horse in that suited being turned out with you and you've been out together for a week with no issues.

So why the heck did you decide to beat him up to such an extent we've had to separate you again?  Thank goodness he's not badly hurt...

Horses aren't supposed to be alone, but we don't have a choice with you, you beat everything up!!  If I didn't know better I'd say you had no horsey social skills and had perhaps been hand-reared, but that's not the case.

Now, can we at least try to stay IN the field you're allocated for a bit?  I've already put up extra height fencing with eckletrickery to try to stop you jumping out/limboing through the wire!   :facepalm:

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #1061 on: 17 November, 2011, 10:53:05 pm »
Oh lordy.

E-mail from the Athletics coach, as expected.
Now the normal Athletics season has ended, we've got the winter program of Cross-country and Indoor Graded events.

Is there no end to the taxi work I have to do?

--
F

CommuteTooFar

• Inadequate Randonneur
« Reply #1062 on: 18 November, 2011, 01:08:01 pm »
Oh drat!  My mobile phone has packed up.  It wasn't even 15 years old grrrr!

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #1063 on: 18 November, 2011, 05:31:54 pm »
I've just purchased a new Maxx-D mk4 and a second spare smart-charger from Wiggle.
( So I can have a charger both at home and at work. )

It's been charged, and used, once.
And very nice it is.

The second charger behaved slightly oddly when plugged in to the mains.
The green LED on the charger pulsed bright then dim about once per second.
When I plugged it into the light, the button/light on the Maxx-D did not flash as expected to indicate charging.
But the main white LEDs flashed at about one flash per second.
That seemed wrong, so I un-plugged the charger.

Now the Maxx-D won't switch on.
Totally dead.

I put a volt-meter on the output of the suspect charger, and it's pulsing to over 10 volts.
It looks like a faulty charger has killed the light.

I know my legal recourse is against wiggle, but I thought I'd try Exposure's customer support in the first instance, and so I've e-mailed their support address.   I was greatly encouraged by the following commendation from a member of this parish, on their service & warranty page:

"I am continually delighted with Exposure's products and customer service and will spread the word among the thousands of cyclists I mix with at yacf.co.uk"

Lester, High Wycombe

We'll see how it pans out.

--
Ron

« Reply #1064 on: 18 November, 2011, 05:39:57 pm »
I thought, seeing as I'm the only one home tonight, the house would be no worse than when I left this morning.
I was wrong.
The little darlings have been home, generated (more) mess and gone out.
How come I am the only one who can wield a dishcloth & wipe a surface?

sounds familiar
<i>Marmite slave</i>

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #1065 on: 18 November, 2011, 06:05:21 pm »
I am actually too tired to persuade Kim to go out on a tr{b}ike ride tonight...  Sodding work being tiring onna Friday!

« Reply #1066 on: 18 November, 2011, 07:26:44 pm »
Bah, after agreeing with a workmate that having to stay late on a Friday sucks and I'm glad I didn't have to I get to my bike to find the rear tyre squidgier than I'd like.  :facepalm:

At least I got to change the tube in the breakroom rather than out in the dark-cold.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

« Reply #1067 on: 18 November, 2011, 08:02:55 pm »
Offs...

Promised to help someone I know to fix their laptop.

Eventually identified that Internet Explorer was blocking Java.  It took quite some time to figure out how to sort that out so that it'll allow Java.  So everything reboots, I log back in, and Java updates.  Only I'm not allowed to see what Java comes to as a conclusion of its update, because that is also blocked.   :facepalm:

I'd download Chrome for him, but he's been told by the O2 people that he must use IE with his dongle and he won't believe that anything else would work.  Besides...frankly, I can't be arsed anymore!  I don't even much like him!  It's working again, that's the important bit!

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #1068 on: 18 November, 2011, 11:17:25 pm »
My desktop monitor has expired, so no access to the CD writer.

No worries, I've got an external writer in the cupboard - shame I no longer have a laptop with a firewire connector :facepalm:
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1069 on: 19 November, 2011, 10:27:19 am »
David has cycled off to a meeting, wearing my Buff, as it's cold and he has sensitive ears.
He couldn't find his own Buff. In the past two years, I have purchased two yacf Buffs and two other Buffs.
He could not find any other Buff today.
Again.
I know one or two will turn up in a pannier or shoulder bag; they're probably all in the house.
Somewhere...

Mr Arch

• Maker of things! Married to Arch!
  • Gothic Arch
« Reply #1070 on: 19 November, 2011, 04:35:08 pm »
Arch and I decided to support my local church hall Christmas fayre, only because the theatre group I attend is based there.
When we arrived on the Broms a few young lads approached us and told us it was children only and that we were not allowed in, they then wanted to know about the bikes and we spoke a little with them and then despite their protestations that it was children only (it wasn't) we went in.

On leaving I found my saddle and saddle bag wet, and sticky, and then noticed the brown wetness on the seat post, BB, cranks, etc.  One of the little sods had poured a can of coke on my Brom! >:(

Anyway, having wiped as much off as I could we set off, Arch in front.
As we slowed to a traffic light and was passing a small access road a yoof on a motor scooter decided it was a good time to overtake me and then dive through the one bike length gap between me and Arch to enter the side access road! >:(
I shouted 'OI!' at him and I think I got a muffled 'sorry' as he looked over his shoulder at me.

Sometimes I do dislike where I live.  Sometimes I think a tiny island, off the coast of Shetland would be nice, with a population of two!  ;)

« Reply #1071 on: 19 November, 2011, 04:37:24 pm »
Sometimes I do dislike where I live.  Sometimes I think a tiny island, off the coast of Shetland would be nice, with a population of two!  ;)

Who would you take?

;)
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

interzen

• Venture Altruist
  • Agent Orange
    • interzen.homeunix.org
« Reply #1072 on: 19 November, 2011, 04:48:55 pm »

Who would you take?

;)
Granville, of course :)

(my copy of Velo Vision turned up today ... can you tell?)

Mr Arch

• Maker of things! Married to Arch!
  • Gothic Arch
« Reply #1073 on: 19 November, 2011, 04:52:12 pm »

Who would you take?

;)

You do know you will owe Arch for that quip! ;)

« Reply #1074 on: 19 November, 2011, 04:57:01 pm »

Who would you take?

;)

Thank you. That's the turd flavoured icing on my misery cake...

Actually, it made me laugh, thank you.   ;D

I just had a hormone-laptop woes-redundancy wobble, but that cheered me up.

Speaking of laptops, do you happen to know anything about Samsungs which have been coated in beer and are now missing letters, and the faultfinding thereof?  See thread in CTRL-ALT-DEL....
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk