Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1253517 times)

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #1100 on: 07 July, 2010, 01:16:03 pm »
I've been doing it on Wednesdays so far. It would be cheating if I put in yesterday's figure.  O:-)

d.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

« Reply #1101 on: 07 July, 2010, 01:17:55 pm »
As long as you're consistent then it's not a problem, i.e. consistently put in Tuesday's weight, whatever it is.

I know there's a temptation to stick in the figure you want, it just takes discipline to put in what you've seen on your nominated day. Just remember that a higher figure this week will make next week look better.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #1102 on: 07 July, 2010, 01:24:11 pm »
For body fat I got it measured at anglianruakin along with a load of other stuff. I was 74kg and 18% fat.

My weight and fat machine reports that I am finally less than 40% fat (39.6% last measure).

I like to think its not terribly accurate...

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #1103 on: 07 July, 2010, 01:39:56 pm »
6 months in and I'm exactly where I was at the beginning of January ::-). I might need to try a bit harder :facepalm:.

You'll get there  :thumbsup: At least you have maintained and not put on any weight!

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1104 on: 08 July, 2010, 03:31:51 pm »
The scales tell me that I have lost 1.5kg over the last 10 days.I am celebrating by scoffing a scone with clotted cream & jam.
Not sure if I should be  ;D or  :-[ or  :smug:

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1105 on: 08 July, 2010, 09:35:22 pm »
Something good is happening.
Tonight I put the heart monitor on for the first time for a few months & had to shorten the strap:my moobs are therefore shrinking.
I am wearing a pair of shorts which now need a belt to keep them up.Previously I filled them sufficiently such that a belt was not required.

simonp

« Reply #1106 on: 08 July, 2010, 09:36:09 pm »
Welcome to my world.  Jeans falling down.  :hand:

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1107 on: 09 July, 2010, 11:07:53 am »
I bought two new pairs of jeans a while back, because the old ones were falling down.  And I always buy things in twos if I find something that fits and that I like/can put up with.

Wore one of the new pairs of jeans for the first time a few weeks later.  They're a bit generous.... I think I shall have to only buy one of anything at a time for a bit.

citoyen

« Reply #1108 on: 09 July, 2010, 11:21:25 am »
One of my colleagues finds it incredibly amusing that I'm forever pulling my jeans up. I don't mind him taking the piss - it's a good sign.

Rather than buy new trousers, I just bought a belt.

d.

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #1109 on: 09 July, 2010, 11:22:20 am »
I bought two new pairs of jeans a while back, because the old ones were falling down.  And I always buy things in twos if I find something that fits and that I like/can put up with.

Wore one of the new pairs of jeans for the first time a few weeks later.  They're a bit generous.... I think I shall have to only buy one of anything at a time for a bit.

Well done you - isn't that a pleasant feeling?  :thumbsup:

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #1110 on: 12 July, 2010, 06:20:07 pm »
Downsides of losing weight: bruised gonads due to cycling shorts no longer fitting tightly.  I kid you not.  I thought I had testicular cancer at first, but have traced it to one particular pair of slightly larger shorts; it hurts for a couple of days after wearing them.  It dawned on me when I was riding out to meet Jaded the other weekend and became aware that I was...er...bouncing on the nose of the saddle.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1111 on: 12 July, 2010, 08:53:30 pm »
 It dawned on me when I was riding out to meet Jaded the other weekend and became aware that I was...er...bouncing on the nose of the saddle.

From complaining to bragging in one post 8)

« Reply #1112 on: 13 July, 2010, 10:18:41 am »
 It dawned on me when I was riding out to meet Jaded the other weekend and became aware that I was...er...bouncing on the nose of the saddle.

From complaining to bragging in one post 8)

Bragging would be "bouncing on the top tube".
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

simonp

« Reply #1113 on: 17 July, 2010, 05:41:37 pm »
68kg this morning.

That was my target weight.

Pity I've achieved it by being overly-stressed over the past week or so.

citoyen

« Reply #1114 on: 19 July, 2010, 10:57:48 am »
My colleague just commented that he saw me on the way into the building this morning and thought I was looking svelte. Which is nice.  :smug:

One "problem" I seem to have is quite large variations in my weight from day to day - I know a bit of fluctuation is normal, but I try to minimise that by always weighing myself at the same time of day (first thing in the morning) and it can vary by as much as +/-2kg from one day to the next. Is that normal?

Anyway, my "average" weight seems to be around the 79kg mark at the moment, so it's clearly on a downward trend.  :thumbsup:

d.

her_welshness

• Slut of a librarian
    • Lewisham Cyclists
« Reply #1115 on: 20 July, 2010, 11:40:39 am »
My colleague just commented that he saw me on the way into the building this morning and thought I was looking svelte. Which is nice.  :smug:

One "problem" I seem to have is quite large variations in my weight from day to day - I know a bit of fluctuation is normal, but I try to minimise that by always weighing myself at the same time of day (first thing in the morning) and it can vary by as much as +/-2kg from one day to the next. Is that normal?

Anyway, my "average" weight seems to be around the 79kg mark at the moment, so it's clearly on a downward trend.  :thumbsup:

d.

Isn't it nice getting the comments - one of my IT students came up to me in the library last week and said that I had lost it from my face, which is nice!

It is quite usual for the scales to have up to 2kg variation from day to day - which can be very disconcerting!

Am 10lbs down now, but its stayed like that for 10 days ::-) I've been doing this yoga pulse DVD and it is very hard work  :thumbsup:

hulver

• I am a mole and I live in a hole.
« Reply #1116 on: 21 July, 2010, 10:52:57 am »
Really quite pissed off. Completely with myself. I've put weight back on, and I just can't shift it.

Usual excuses. Stressed at work, stressed at home, not been on the bike enough.

When it comes down to it, I'm just eating too much, and too much of the wrong thing. Which depresses me.

Quote from: yoda
"Once you start down the cake path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume it you will."

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1117 on: 21 July, 2010, 11:09:32 am »
Finally, after seven months, I have achieved my first weight loss target for the year.  I started at 95.6kg and have finally got below 95kg.  Not a very great achievement, but it's there.

Oh, there is another target, if I can lose another 5kg by the end of the year ;D
Getting there...

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1118 on: 21 July, 2010, 12:39:18 pm »

::-)
When it comes down to it, I'm just eating too much, and too much of the wrong thing. Which depresses me.

we are on the same diet atm but my better half has begun a campaign of tough-love .
She's magic :thumbsup:

« Reply #1119 on: 21 July, 2010, 08:10:33 pm »
Finally, after seven months, I have achieved my first weight loss target for the year.  I started at 95.6kg and have finally got below 95kg.  Not a very great achievement, but it's there.

Oh, there is another target, if I can lose another 5kg by the end of the year ;D
:thumbsup: :-*
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #1120 on: 22 July, 2010, 01:11:09 pm »
Lost another .5kg in the last 8 days. BMI has dropped to 20.6. Spoke to a couple of researchers whose work is in the area of diet and self-monitoring. It would be interesting to get a grip on the mechanism behind it, and the extent to which it can be manipulated without ill-effects.

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1121 on: 27 July, 2010, 03:42:10 pm »
I last weighed myself 7 days ago: I was 91.5kg
Today I am 90 kg.
Four days were spent helping at an audax event.
Q.E.D. ,Audax is good for you
 :)

« Reply #1122 on: 29 July, 2010, 07:55:33 pm »
Weight is static, which isn't bad given I've eaten well and cycled once this week. Actually, for "eaten well" read "holding a half eaten chocolate digestive while on the scales", so doing as well as static is pretty good.

simonp

« Reply #1123 on: 01 August, 2010, 03:29:38 pm »
First weighing since Mille Cymru: 66.1kg - probably lightest I've been in 10-15 years.  ~10kg lighter than in November.  BMI exactly 20.  Scales claim body fat now 13.5%.

Christ only knows what I weighed earlier in the week, I've been eating like a pig post Mille-Cymru.  ::-)

(Thing is, I think I still look slightly flabby.  But, I had a pair of jeans on yesterday and they're loose around the waist and tight around the right thigh!).

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #1124 on: 01 August, 2010, 04:23:44 pm »
First weighing since Mille Cymru: 66.1kg - probably lightest I've been in 10-15 years.  ~10kg lighter than in November.  BMI exactly 20.  Scales claim body fat now 13.5%.

Christ only knows what I weighed earlier in the week, I've been eating like a pig post Mille-Cymru.  ::-)

(Thing is, I think I still look slightly flabby.  But, I had a pair of jeans on yesterday and they're loose around the waist and tight around the right thigh!).

That will be two legs in the one trouser...