Author Topic: Weight Loss Discussion Thread  (Read 1253149 times)

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Reply #1275 on: 01 January, 2011, 01:33:06 pm »
Instigating the thread is the easiest way to make sure I can find my entry easily to update it...

I'm about 80kg at the moment and want to be under 76.2 (12st) for PBP in August. 5kg or so in 33 weeks, that's simple enough...

I thought you were aiming for the K&SW this year, in which case you'll be wanting to shed that 5kg sooner rather than later!

Having finally acheived my base target weight in November I was going to avoid the scales for a couple of weeks to give me a chance to repair the worst of the collatoral damage caused by the holiday season.

Gus

• Loosing weight stone by stone
    • We will return
« Reply #1276 on: 01 January, 2011, 02:21:55 pm »
I'm in again , dropped 31 kg in 2010, hoping to continue the trend so I'll get  to my my target 85 kg in 2011

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1277 on: 01 January, 2011, 02:29:20 pm »
That's a hell of an achievement, Gus!  I never knew you had that much spare ;D

I'm aiming for 85kg, too, so let's hope we both make it.
Getting there...

« Reply #1278 on: 01 January, 2011, 02:58:55 pm »

I'm aiming for 85kg as well, with a starting point of about 115kg (I'll find out on Wednesday)

The Three Musketeers - or something like that  :thumbsup:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1279 on: 01 January, 2011, 02:59:55 pm »
All for one, and one for all! :D
Getting there...

simonp

« Reply #1280 on: 01 January, 2011, 03:04:20 pm »
Once again I have lost weight between Christmas and NY. Down to 72.1kg today; I think I have a bit more muscle than a year ago too.

« Reply #1281 on: 01 January, 2011, 06:03:32 pm »
Well, as I'm weighing myself daily anyway, I might as well join in this year.

Here's the graph since the beginning of September when I started recording:

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1282 on: 01 January, 2011, 06:07:15 pm »
That graph's going in the right sort of direction.
Getting there...

« Reply #1283 on: 01 January, 2011, 06:14:27 pm »
That graph's going in the right sort of direction.

That depends on whether you want it to go up or down… ;)

Edit: Except this is the weight loss thread isn't it :facepalm:

My consultant was quite concerned that I was losing too much weight last year and so asked me to record my weight daily. My target is to stay at about 80kg and so I'm quite pleased to see that Christmas hasn't really made any difference.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #1284 on: 01 January, 2011, 06:15:55 pm »
Ah.  Sorry.  I thought you were still trying to lose a little.  Well, I kept my weight pretty stable throughout 2010, so you're in good company ;D
Getting there...

Gus

• We will return
« Reply #1285 on: 02 January, 2011, 12:52:49 am »

I'm aiming for 85kg as well, with a starting point of about 115kg (I'll find out on Wednesday)

Let's show them how it's done  :thumbsup:

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #1286 on: 02 January, 2011, 12:56:15 am »

Bloody hell - I'm 115 kg too! I'd love to be 85kg. The last 6 weeks or so have been bad for me. they account for at least 5kg of the excess.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Gus

• We will return
« Reply #1287 on: 02 January, 2011, 01:02:36 am »

Oh I have plenty to spare  :'( I got  into a depression like state  autumn 2007 and all most quit training  plus I ate whatever I could get my hands on  until January 2010.
 There I took 3 months absence from my work and booked a place in a folk high school. I saw it asthe only way to change my life back into something useful for both my body and mind. :thumbsup:

Gus

• We will return
« Reply #1288 on: 02 January, 2011, 01:04:19 am »

Bloody hell - I'm 115 kg too! I'd love to be 85kg. The last 6 weeks or so have been bad for me. they account for at least 5kg of the excess.

You can do it, come on and join us  :thumbsup:

« Reply #1289 on: 02 January, 2011, 04:41:28 pm »
Having not paid much attention to my weight, I find I am 74kg, ~10kg more than I would like to be.

I shall now find out how much effect removing the lunch time cake and ensuring I cycle commute have before taking on anything more drastic.

The image of my father over Christmas will have to be sufficient motivation.   :hand:

« Reply #1290 on: 03 January, 2011, 07:58:52 am »

I am also in the did not do well last year and now really need to get on the wagon.  112kg at the moment and looking to get down to 95 kg.

I CAN DO IT.

Geoff
Only those that dare to go too far, know how far they can go.   T S Elliot

gordon taylor

« Reply #1291 on: 03 January, 2011, 08:45:17 am »
Yep. Me too. I was 112 kg on 1st January and the most depressing thing was when I opened the old spreadsheets to start recording - I was more or less the same every time I started on a diet. I work hard, get close to 100kg, then CBA... I'm back to my cruisisng weight of 110kg before I know it.

This time, I'm trying a "decision zone" in the kitchen.

That's the area in which I make most stupid food decisions. So every time I step in it, I have to pause a second and decide whether to chose a piece of friut or the usual cheese sandwich.

Will it work? Past history suggests not.  :(

« Reply #1292 on: 03 January, 2011, 09:40:46 am »
In a triumph of hope over experience I'm going to start posting my weight here (again!).

The only difference this year is that MrsC has rejoined WeightWatchers (online) so we're both taking things a little more seriously this time.

Current weight and targets will be published on Wednesday (and I'm NOT getting on the scales before then!)

S
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

simonp

« Reply #1293 on: 03 January, 2011, 04:44:12 pm »
Self monitoring does tend to help. It makes you more aware.

I'm hoping to have the graphs up and running soon. I wrote the script last year. It needs updating for the new calendar layout (I'm automating that part). The calendar layout is slightly painful to process due to the fact it's column oriented data but that part is functioning. The nuisance is needing to compute the week number of the first Wednesday of each month.

I should be adding BMI (optional) as well.

« Reply #1294 on: 05 January, 2011, 12:57:37 pm »
So today is the first weigh day of 2011.  All the best everyone.  In a bid to shed my kilos I had a very cold 55kms ride around West Lothian today, with the back roads still treacherous and fresh snow on the high point of the A70.

« Reply #1295 on: 05 January, 2011, 01:00:51 pm »
Instigating the thread is the easiest way to make sure I can find my entry easily to update it...

I'm about 80kg at the moment and want to be under 76.2 (12st) for PBP in August. 5kg or so in 33 weeks, that's simple enough...

I thought you were aiming for the K&SW this year, in which case you'll be wanting to shed that 5kg sooner rather than later!

If I'm not at 76.2kg by the K&SW then it'll be a handy wake-up call. I'm also cheating and taking gears on the K&SW. I may even take the soot bike.
"Yes please" said Squirrel "biscuits are our favourite things."

« Reply #1296 on: 05 January, 2011, 04:21:29 pm »
I forgot :-[. I'll have to do it tomorrow.
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #1297 on: 05 January, 2011, 04:38:45 pm »
I forgot :-[. I'll have to do it tomorrow.

You clearly do not have to worry about it as much as some of the rest of us ::-)

« Reply #1298 on: 05 January, 2011, 04:47:51 pm »
 :-*
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

« Reply #1299 on: 05 January, 2011, 04:58:05 pm »
I am feeling uber fat, due to the late December weather, being sick since Christmas and deciding I might as well scoff all the Christmas chocolates before I weigh myself and then try and do something about it  ;D

So I am currently 63.0kg, I think about 5kg above where I want to be by PBP. Both my work rotas have now arrived for the next 3 months so time to sit down with the calendar and see how many rides I can manage to fit in!

I am thinking I should probably give up making Brie and cranberry panini's in my george Foreman grill sadly too  :'(