Author Topic: audaxspotting (inevitably)  (Read 32665 times)

border-rider

Re: audaxspotting (inevitably)
« Reply #75 on: 21 May, 2009, 10:22:08 pm »
Mrs MV (who currently is the boss) went into work on Red Nose dressdown day wearing my "I see dumb people" T-shirt :)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
« Reply #76 on: 21 May, 2009, 11:47:23 pm »
Mrs MV (who currently is the boss) went into work on Red Nose dressdown day wearing my "I see dumb people" T-shirt :)

fnerk  :thumbsup:
It is simpler than it looks.

Martin

« Reply #77 on: 21 May, 2009, 11:51:22 pm »
That needs to be made into a jersey.

Pls to also make a fixiespotting one.

Testerspotting

Choose tubs; Choose a skinsuit. Choose a disc wheel; choose a dual carriageway; choose an A road; choose an HGV; choose a fucking big HGV with a trailer. Choose a fast car to slowly pass your bottle up. Choose lopro. Choose tribars. Choose an old course nobody's ridden in ages. Choose that fucking smell of embrocation that emanates from a village hall. Choose to shave. Choose an excuse. Choose a minuteman to piss all over. Choose sitting a safe distance behind the guy in front. Choose sitting on that saddle riding mind numbing spirit-crushing 25's up the A22. Choose the G25/54. Choose to have to buy a bloody book to work out what the fuck it's all about.
Choose rotting away at the end of it all cross toasting at the prize giving dinner about how you once did a short 22 up the Devil's Stair; nothing more than an embarrassment to the ( ) they spawned to replace you

Choose life
Choose cyclingtimetrials

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #78 on: 22 May, 2009, 06:53:20 am »
I very rarely swear myself (apart from "bollocks", which is a wonderfully satisfying word), but it can be funny in its own right when it's not aimed at anyone, but is merely an expression of exasperation...my favourite of all time is Sir Richard Mottram's legendary off-air statement to Martin Sixsmith.

Richard Mottram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We're all fucked. I'm fucked. You're fucked. The whole department is fucked. It's the biggest cock-up ever and we're all completely fucked.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #79 on: 22 May, 2009, 01:53:23 pm »
I very rarely swear myself (apart from "bollocks", which is a wonderfully satisfying word), but it can be funny in its own right when it's not aimed at anyone, but is merely an expression of exasperation...my favourite of all time is Sir Richard Mottram's legendary off-air statement to Martin Sixsmith.

Richard Mottram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We're all fucked. I'm fucked. You're fucked. The whole department is fucked. It's the biggest cock-up ever and we're all completely fucked.
I now realise where I learnt to swear - Mottram and I went to the same school, according to that Wiki link. ;)

TOBY

• hello
« Reply #80 on: 22 May, 2009, 03:59:07 pm »
It's 2009 IMHO a Trainspotting pastiche seems a bit "Naff", doesn't it? they did in '96.

« Reply #81 on: 22 May, 2009, 04:01:48 pm »
Yep, but give it a few more years and it will be oozing retro....

But by then spoke cards and fixed wheel bikes especially will be considered very naff...

rogerzilla

« Reply #82 on: 22 May, 2009, 04:06:09 pm »
What goes around comes around....which is why I still have that jumper from 1985.

« Reply #83 on: 22 May, 2009, 04:10:43 pm »
This one??

rogerzilla

« Reply #84 on: 22 May, 2009, 04:13:46 pm »
MY EYES!  Is that Gyl*s Br*ndr*th?

« Reply #85 on: 22 May, 2009, 04:16:59 pm »
It's only a matter of time before Frankie says Relax Audax T shirts are all the rage then.

plug

« Reply #86 on: 22 May, 2009, 04:28:53 pm »
Yep, but give it a few more years and it will be oozing retro....

But by then spoke cards and fixed wheel bikes especially will be considered very naff...

Aren't they already?

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #87 on: 22 May, 2009, 04:39:17 pm »
This one??

They don't make weather girls like that anymore.
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #88 on: 22 May, 2009, 04:50:09 pm »
Thinking of which, we Foska do the Heinz beans and soreen shirts etc. Do you thing they'd do a Sudocrem one for audaxers?

That would be superb!

I emailed Foska a couple of years ago with this idea and didn't get a reply. I did then think of getting in touch with the manufacturers of Sudocrem but never got round to it.

I was in their shop in Westminster yesterday and got them to print out this strand from the forum....

« Reply #89 on: 22 May, 2009, 04:54:44 pm »
That needs to be made into a jersey.

Pls to also make a fixiespotting one.

Testerspotting

Choose tubs; Choose a skinsuit. Choose a disc wheel; choose a dual carriageway; choose an A road; choose an HGV; choose a fucking big HGV with a trailer. Choose a fast car to slowly pass your bottle up. Choose lopro. Choose tribars. Choose an old course nobody's ridden in ages. Choose that fucking smell of embrocation that emanates from a village hall. Choose to shave. Choose an excuse. Choose a minuteman to piss all over. Choose sitting a safe distance behind the guy in front. Choose sitting on that saddle riding mind numbing spirit-crushing 25's up the A22. Choose the G25/54. Choose to have to buy a bloody book to work out what the fuck it's all about.
Choose rotting away at the end of it all cross toasting at the prize giving dinner about how you once did a short 22 up the Devil's Stair; nothing more than an embarrassment to the ( ) they spawned to replace you

Choose life
Choose cyclingtimetrials

I think you have 'unresolved issues' here Martin.  Repeat after me ..."time trialling isn't the last refuge of deposed golf club secretaries..."

rogerzilla

« Reply #90 on: 22 May, 2009, 05:54:08 pm »
It's only a matter of time before Frankie says Relax Audax T shirts are all the rage then.

Brilliant!

red marley

« Reply #91 on: 22 May, 2009, 06:00:39 pm »
Ok, something a little more de nos jours with a side order of retro:

rogerzilla

« Reply #92 on: 22 May, 2009, 06:08:59 pm »
Or...

KEEP
CALM
AND
CARRY

three spare tubes, a multi-tool, a folding tyre, piece of chain, a Hyper Cracker, a spare gear cable, brake pads, bonk rations, three water bottles, spare GPS batteries, spare light batteries, maps, a spare seatbolt, three different lengths of spoke, gaffer tape and some zip ties.

zzpza

« Reply #93 on: 24 May, 2009, 07:40:01 pm »
Ok, something a little more de nos jours with a side order of retro:

nice!  :thumbsup: ;D

btw, the crown's slack (off centre)

« Reply #94 on: 27 May, 2009, 08:32:47 am »

TR @ mini-O

rogerzilla

« Reply #95 on: 24 June, 2009, 07:08:46 pm »
Did the T-shirts come to anything?

iddu

• Are we there yet?
« Reply #96 on: 25 June, 2009, 12:26:09 am »
Still in progress; waiting on sample colour print to be delivered for approval...
I'd offer you some moral support - but I have questionable morals.

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
« Reply #97 on: 25 June, 2009, 12:07:10 pm »
Still in progress; waiting on sample colour print to be delivered for approval...

I guess they're unlikely to be ready for LEL.  Shame - it would be quite fitting to ride into Dalkeith wearing it! 
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

Martin

Re: audaxspotting (inevitably) not SFW
« Reply #98 on: 17 October, 2010, 05:28:10 pm »
in case anyone missed it last year; we were talking about this in the cafe yesterday

« Reply #99 on: 17 October, 2010, 09:38:02 pm »
What happened to the T-shirts, I want one now, I want one for Xmas, I want one to .... ahh bugger it I just want one, how about a full-length zip 3 back pocket version in merino!?!?