Author Topic: I've got tickets to see ....................  (Read 49283 times)

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
Re: I've got tickets to see ....................
« Reply #375 on: 20 February, 2024, 07:58:17 am »
AC/DC at Wembley in July

One of my life’s ambitions

A

Makes me feel old - Stafford 1979

« Reply #376 on: 20 February, 2024, 02:18:48 pm »
Something different Garden of Cosmic Speculation

I've been fascinated by that for years, but only open two days per year - think I'll nominate them to Right to Roam as the location of their next mass trespass.

;D ;D ;D

May 4th/5th this year  ;)

And it's sold out.  :'(

« Reply #377 on: 20 February, 2024, 05:50:29 pm »
The Pretenders at Hull in the autumn.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

IanDG

• the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #378 on: 20 February, 2024, 05:50:47 pm »
Something different Garden of Cosmic Speculation

I've been fascinated by that for years, but only open two days per year - think I'll nominate them to Right to Roam as the location of their next mass trespass.

;D ;D ;D

May 4th/5th this year  ;)

And it's sold out.  :'(

I joined the Scottish Gardens mailing scheme and got notification of when tickets were going on sale (scotlandsgardens.org). 1st time successful since I moved to D&G

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
« Reply #379 on: 21 February, 2024, 10:55:21 am »
Think BC Camplight at the Crescent in York is next.

Is that with the full band or solo?

Saw him three times last year. Twice was just him and his piano, and both times were great, but the last one was at Shepherds Bush Empire with the full band and it was one of my gig highlights of the year. He was in full rock star mode. Totally brilliant.

Support was Personal Trainer who were also v.good indeed.

Magnetic Fields sounds fun. Just had a look at tickets for the London nights but "not available" - is that because they've already sold out? Nuts.
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

sam

« Reply #380 on: 25 February, 2024, 04:07:22 pm »
I'm old enough to have been at the Newcastle leg of Bob's "infamous" electric tour - first half acoustic, second with electricity.  Someone shouted, "Bobby, (obviously knew him personally) we've come to hear a folk-singer, not a rock-singer!"  To which, the response was, "And e've come to hear him, not you!"  BD only said one thing all night, I think.  It was, "Don't bug me, I'm a sick man."  I remember the "controversy" as being blown up by the press out of all proportion.  You had to be there.  It was a great concert, in at the start of something epochal.  It's also why I probably won't be going to see his upcoming shows - too many memories to keep intact!

Dylan remains at the top of my personal hit parade; I don't see him ever being knocked off.

A long time ago I was an intern at The Village Voice, home of the legendary writer Nat Hentoff, who wrote the liner notes for one of Dylan's albums. I asked him what his favourite was. Don't remember what he said(!), but he definitely didn't like "the newer stuff" circa the 80s, which I personally loved (Tight Connection To My Heart being a particular favourite).

Saw him live twice:
- The first time was in the venerable Scribner's Bookstore where I was working and he was buying. Sir Bob actually had to step out of my way as I walked by carrying a stack of books.
- The second time was on stage twentysomething years ago, about a million miles away from my seat, a birthday surprise from my wife. He came on after what seemed like ages and rushed through everything, as is his way. I think the only way to listen to him, as opposed to experience him, is plugged in.

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #381 on: 22 March, 2024, 11:22:17 pm »
My Young Lady has got tickets for a recording of Natalie Haynes Stands Up For The Classics this Wednesday. She had better take me with her or I will be sad.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

IanDG

• the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #382 on: 07 April, 2024, 11:21:13 pm »
Nick Cave - Glasgow in November

3rd time lucky? 1st time I had tickets was suspended from work, in mental turmoil and sold the tickets, 2nd time was cancelled due to covid.