Author Topic: Aerobic exercise  (Read 2492 times)

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
Aerobic exercise
« on: 20 August, 2008, 01:48:44 am »
I have been recommend to do aerobic exercise when I can, anyone got any recommendations for some low impact stuff as I have seriously low mobility at the moment? I can't go out for a run/cycling unsupervised as I still get moments of paralysis so really stuff I can do at home that doesn't involve the bike as I still can't get me leg over it :(
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

Re: Aerobic exercise
« Reply #1 on: 20 August, 2008, 07:00:59 am »
Stationary bike?
Cheers
Rich

A Vision of a Champion is someone who is bent over, drenched with sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when no one else is watching

Chris S

« Reply #2 on: 20 August, 2008, 07:25:02 am »
Can you beg borrow or steal a rowing machine from someone?

« Reply #3 on: 20 August, 2008, 07:42:41 am »
When I was unable to climb on board a bicycle due to my broken pelvis, I was able to use a step through stationary bike .  It felt quite safe, little chance of falling off

Jezza

« Reply #4 on: 20 August, 2008, 10:45:18 am »
Can you beg borrow or steal a rowing machine from someone?

I've started using a Concept 2 rowing machine. It's a powerful exercise, that's for sure.

40 minutes? I could just about do 10  :)

andygates

• Peroxide Viking
« Reply #5 on: 20 August, 2008, 11:15:44 am »
When I was unable to climb on board a bicycle due to my broken pelvis, I was able to use a step through stationary bike .  It felt quite safe, little chance of falling off

Good thinking.  Plus they're cheap as chips 'cos everyone's flogging 'em secondhand.  Should a moment of bogosity come on, you can stop or flop onto the sofa and lech at the Olympics some more ;)

Swimming probably not a good idea with moments of paralysis...
It takes blood and guts to be this cool but I'm still just a cliché.
OpenStreetMap UK & IRL Streetmap & Topo: ravenfamily.org/andyg/maps updates weekly.

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #6 on: 20 August, 2008, 11:19:51 am »
Cross country ski machine or ski machine?

Can lend you one thats had so much use ;)

« Reply #7 on: 20 August, 2008, 11:45:21 am »
I still get moments of paralysis

I'd go with the rowing machine suggestion: least distance to fall.

Might I also suggest refraining from using your router / power tools if there is a risk that you'll not be able to control it?  :-\

« Reply #8 on: 20 August, 2008, 11:48:16 am »
Swimming is good but depends on the paralysis.... id say stationary bike then you could hop on for short bursts as and when you felt like it.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #9 on: 20 August, 2008, 02:35:22 pm »
I still get moments of paralysis

I'd go with the rowing machine suggestion: least distance to fall.

Might I also suggest refraining from using your router / power tools if there is a risk that you'll not be able to control it?  :-\

I've managed to get a grip brake for my router, if my grip lessens from a strong hold it brakes. I could still drop it on my toe though.

Thanks for all the advise, I guess I can get a turbo for my trike and fall into it and use it stationary?
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #10 on: 20 August, 2008, 02:36:35 pm »
A turbo for the trike might be difficult to find, but rollers on the other hand might just fit your back wheels on...

Something to think about
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State