Author Topic: Have you been out today?  (Read 3890649 times)

Jasper the surreal cyclist

• Modern life is complicated stuff....
Re: Have you been out today?
« Reply #1050 on: 15 July, 2008, 10:07:54 am »
Thankyou Laura. Tis an old injury that plays up now and again. I first crocked it charging down a heavy door some years ago.....well, you have got to have a hobby.

Sorry to here that your Sunday ride was so grim......in some ways I suppose it can only get better.
Who only by moving can balance, only by balancing move....

« Reply #1051 on: 15 July, 2008, 10:16:16 am »
I suppose you were working at the time? I think my uber-solid front door might be a special one that the London Fire Brigade can open, there is a message from them on it telling me not to change the locks?!

Ah it could have been much worse, it did have good bits and the riders I was with were a nice bunch. I just won't be visiting that particular stretch of the NCN L2B route any time soon...

« Reply #1052 on: 15 July, 2008, 10:22:11 am »
Yes, it was work. Leaving message like that is a new one on me. Some of these doors can be a sod to get through, we end up using the kit for cutting cars up on them. Makes a real mess....

« Reply #1053 on: 15 July, 2008, 10:30:23 am »
It's engraved on the lock. All the flats in my block have the same doors, I wonder if it's something the council arranged with the fire brigade (flat is ex-council).

« Reply #1054 on: 15 July, 2008, 10:38:02 am »
They may have a master key I suppose.....

« Reply #1055 on: 15 July, 2008, 10:44:30 am »
I've not been since 1st June due to the 1st metatarsophalangeal joint fusion
operation on both feet the following day. My feet have been in casts since, but
hopefully they'll be removed today this week 30 July  :-\  when the
consultant who performed the operation returns. (The private health company
won't fund anyone else to remove them).  >:(

Weight to be lost and form to be regained will be a slow process.   :-[

bobajobrob

« Reply #1056 on: 15 July, 2008, 10:46:33 am »
Take care Mike. Hope to see you out with the CTC soon :thumbsup:

« Reply #1057 on: 15 July, 2008, 10:50:12 am »
hopefully they'll be removed today.

Weight to be lost, form to be regained will be a slow process.   :-[

Sounds nasty, hope it goes OK. Could you screw cleats into the casts?

« Reply #1058 on: 15 July, 2008, 11:56:10 am »
A nice short and fast ride: 28 Mi in about 1h30 this morning. It was a bit windy in parts, but reasonably warm. I fell great.  :)
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

« Reply #1059 on: 15 July, 2008, 12:33:35 pm »
hopefully they'll be removed today.

Weight to be lost, form to be regained will be a slow process.   :-[

Sounds nasty, hope it goes OK. Could you screw cleats into the casts?

Actually, that's not a bad idea.  :thumbsup:

« Reply #1060 on: 15 July, 2008, 08:38:22 pm »
Just got back. Went out solo around the Goodwood Hills for a couple of hours then into Chichester to meet up with Mrs. J-tsc. Off on her triathlon route for the last time before Sunday. It is very hilly for a time trial. Too much traffic around for a good ride but she paced herself well. Only problem was at the bottom of Harting Hill where the cars got in the way. After a stop, bit of a walk we got going again. Missed out the last bit and finished off around some lanes and back down to Chichester. Picked up a slow puncture on the cycle path to Bognor but got enough air in it to get home. Mrs. J-tsc has pronounced herself pleased with her progress, and if she is pleased so am I.

« Reply #1061 on: 15 July, 2008, 09:11:09 pm »
no, but I have mown the lawn which earned me more brownie points than going for a ride would have done.  Tomorrow.

alan

« Reply #1062 on: 15 July, 2008, 10:08:19 pm »
The centre of the universe,a.k.a. known as Emily,rode stoker on the tandem & we did 8 hilly miles around Dilhorne,Draycott Cross,Cheadle & Tean

« Reply #1063 on: 15 July, 2008, 11:08:12 pm »
I cycled the clockwise round the island route on Isle of Wight today. Chain came off at Alveston but sorted that. Hills got a bit much towards the end (from Cowes to Ryde) as I had run out of energy. Lovely weather and a great way to spend a day.

« Reply #1064 on: 16 July, 2008, 12:51:42 pm »
Did my usual 23 mile commute. Strange as I only live 1.2 miles from work. The phrase hopelessly lost comes to mind.

Not feeling brilliant but had a bit too much out of a bottle of Calvados last night, this followed my youinger brother getting in touch after over ten years.

« Reply #1065 on: 16 July, 2008, 08:04:43 pm »
yep, cambridge and back the long way.  30 miles, average bloody close to 20.   :thumbsup:

« Reply #1066 on: 16 July, 2008, 09:02:48 pm »
Yep, a lovely ride of 30 miles to the riot training venue and then I get a phone call - get myself to Divisional HQ quick smart - I'm needed for a strategic meeting.  So I rode to work.  Then I get to ride home.
All up a 60 mile day !!

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #1067 on: 17 July, 2008, 11:35:24 pm »
ten mile round trip to the dentist's with Mrs. & Little Miss Wow, then a pleasant jaunt to a pub in Leigh to celebrate My Mate Mel's 60th birthday (actually on Sunday), a surprise organised by his daughter. Chatted to chaps with whom, as a group, I have not conversed since 1981.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #1068 on: 18 July, 2008, 11:45:11 am »
Out around the Witterings today. It is windy....

« Reply #1069 on: 18 July, 2008, 04:16:20 pm »
A fairly gentle ten miles bimble around Croydon picking up a parcel from the Post Office, dropping into BikePlus for some bits, and some shopping from Sainsburys.  Not a sunny day, but quite pleasant to cycle around, and only an occasional slight light drizzle.
Actually, it is rocket science.

CathH

« Reply #1070 on: 18 July, 2008, 10:50:13 pm »
Nice commute in this morning - very still and warm.  I surprised myself though - decided to cycle into town after work for a few drinks with the rest of the department, then cycled home.  Have only just arrived back.  It's only a 20 mile round trip, but it's something that a year ago I would not have even considered doing after a hard week's work.  It was easy, too.

« Reply #1071 on: 18 July, 2008, 10:51:27 pm »
A nice tempo ride with Julian for 1h45 . Thoroughly enjoyable, bar a close encounter with a bus; although Mr Bramley is getting way too fit!
Frenchie - Train à Grande Vitesse

« Reply #1072 on: 19 July, 2008, 09:07:50 pm »
I did 214km today, my longest ride since my crash. I am feeling very very proud of myself this evening. I did the route that I crashed on with Warburton who was with me the day I crashed. It seemed fitting to take up where I left of with the person whom I was with at the time. We did it as  DIY Perm, afterall our entries are still pending from October.  I was quite emotional going round 'that corner'. I still am as I think about the day and the last time we did the route.

MSeries is still happy :)

Maladict

« Reply #1073 on: 19 July, 2008, 11:28:28 pm »
I did 214km today, my longest ride since my crash. I am feeling very very proud of myself this evening. I did the route that I crashed on with Warburton who was with me the day I crashed. It seemed fitting to take up where I left of with the person whom I was with at the time. We did it as  DIY Perm, afterall our entries are still pending from October.  I was quite emotional going round 'that corner'. I still am as I think about the day and the last time we did the route.

MSeries is still happy :)

Fantastic news.  You're back!  :thumbsup:

« Reply #1074 on: 19 July, 2008, 11:29:13 pm »
Too f*****g right. I is back. 214km in ten and a half hours and 70km of fierce headwind.