Author Topic: Caption it #1812  (Read 1554 times)

Caption it #1812
« on: 30 January, 2020, 07:05:47 am »

(Hat tip to  Go Miles' facebook page, everyone's favourite HAMR almost-contentender)

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Re: Caption it #1812
« Reply #1 on: 30 January, 2020, 07:08:18 am »
Mr Pumpe released Hot Flatus
It is simpler than it looks.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2 on: 30 January, 2020, 10:46:49 am »
Not a caption.

When Jan and I rode the Irish End to End in 2008, or whenever it was, we stopped for lunch in this pub in Killeter. The message in the above image was hanging on the wall, but someone had crafted it in marquetry. The image in the marquetry was a hand holding a gun, and wherever you were in the room, the gun appeared to be pointing at you.

That was without a doubt the most sinister and frightening day's riding I have ever done. Our route crossed the border several times along a road that, on the very early map that I had on my Garmin, disappeared whenever we were in the South. The countryside was remote and scrubby, and every so often we cycled past a farmstead from which a tricolour was flying.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

meddyg

• 'You'll have had your tea?'
« Reply #3 on: 03 February, 2020, 09:25:46 pm »
Here's this month's CTC bulletin !

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #4 on: 04 February, 2020, 09:27:39 am »
Not a caption.

When Jan and I rode the Irish End to End in 2008, or whenever it was, we stopped for lunch in this pub in Killeter. The message in the above image was hanging on the wall, but someone had crafted it in marquetry. The image in the marquetry was a hand holding a gun, and wherever you were in the room, the gun appeared to be pointing at you.

That was without a doubt the most sinister and frightening day's riding I have ever done. Our route crossed the border several times along a road that, on the very early map that I had on my Garmin, disappeared whenever we were in the South. The countryside was remote and scrubby, and every so often we cycled past a farmstead from which a tricolour was flying.

And you were in no danger whatever, apart from maybe the odd hurtling lorry. My uncle was held by the IRA for a day at the height of the Troubles while they "borrowed" his car for a job: they fed him well and the bloke they left to guard him chatted and kept him supplied with tea and biscuits, then took him back to his car with neither him nor it damaged.  Mind you, they kept his address book.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #5 on: 04 February, 2020, 10:54:10 am »
Caution: Riding a bike without a seat tube can be injurious.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

sprogs

• from your big sister, Steve.
« Reply #6 on: 14 February, 2020, 06:23:46 pm »
I said I fell over and ShAt myself. Sh-A-t. !!
I didn't even HAVE a gun !