Author Topic: Arrivée est arrivé!  (Read 475988 times)

Re: Arrivée est arrivé!
« Reply #1300 on: 18 February, 2013, 03:02:17 pm »
Still not yet received. Looks like it may be a 'lost in the post' jobbie.

« Reply #1301 on: 18 February, 2013, 03:59:26 pm »
It could well be a Devon thing, still no sign here...

caerau

• SR x 3 - PBP fail but 1090 km - hey - not too bad
« Reply #1302 on: 18 February, 2013, 04:03:57 pm »
A Bridie is what are called pasties south of the border.

I got my Arrive at the weekend and very nice it is too  :thumbsup:

[edit]  good backlog reading from me on the bridie front then ::-) [/edit]
It's a reverse Elvis thing.

Hillbilly

« Reply #1303 on: 18 February, 2013, 05:35:32 pm »
At risk of being misheard as "Can I have a pasting" if said up north.

« Reply #1304 on: 18 February, 2013, 06:28:49 pm »
No sign of Arrivee here in Hampshire either  :'(

Panoramix

• .--. .- -. --- .-. .- -- .. -..-
  • Suus cuique crepitus bene olet
    • Some routes
« Reply #1305 on: 19 February, 2013, 04:51:30 am »
Mine made its way across the channel, may be the postman was in a hurry to eat some croissants and shunted the south of England in his haste.  :P
Chief cat entertainer.

« Reply #1306 on: 19 February, 2013, 09:25:42 am »
I think mine is going for the full value trip down. It's stopping in every cafe having food and a chat rather than bouncing them. It's taking in the views. It's rolling along chatting with its friends rather than getting its head down and going flat out.

It'll arrive here just inside the cut-off, tired, but happy and full of tales to tell.

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #1307 on: 19 February, 2013, 01:51:22 pm »
or Royal Mail just put low priority on anywhere more than 2 miles from a sorting office.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll

« Reply #1308 on: 19 February, 2013, 05:23:54 pm »
Still no show. And I only live a mile from the big main sorting office in Newton Abbot  :-\

Hillbilly

« Reply #1309 on: 19 February, 2013, 05:29:21 pm »
Related Arrivee question.  I know that back issues are available from the website, but are there any plans to allow members to download a PDF version of the current issue, rather than have a paper version sent through snail mail?

I'd quite happily opt into an e-version (rather than paper) both because of how I prefer to consume media these days, and also because it saves on postage/printing costs for AUK.  Reading this thread, it would also appear to offer a way to have a copy available, so soothing the nerves of those unfortunates for whom the crunch of their postman's footsteps on the gravel to their front door, followed by the light pitter patter of envelopes rather than the satisfying thud of a magazine is the anthem of dashed hopes and dreams.

« Reply #1310 on: 19 February, 2013, 05:47:42 pm »
Nor in Dorset neither  :'(
Behold the turtle - he only makes progress if he sticks his neck out.

mmmmartin

• BPB 1/1: PBP 0/1
    • FNRttC
« Reply #1311 on: 19 February, 2013, 05:47:49 pm »
Still no show. And I only live a mile from the big main sorting office in Newton Abbot  :-\
Be fair. It is Newton Abbot of which we speak.....
Besides, it wouldn't be audacious if success were guaranteed.

mattc

• n.b. have grown beard since photo taken
    • Didcot Audaxes
« Reply #1312 on: 19 February, 2013, 06:01:04 pm »
Reading this thread, it would also appear to offer a way to have a copy available, so soothing the nerves of those unfortunates for whom the crunch of their postman's footsteps on the gravel to their front door, followed by the light pitter patter of envelopes rather than the satisfying thud of a magazine is the anthem of dashed hopes and dreams.

;D

(I was going to ask whether the posters with such incredible lack of patience had ever ridden a "long distance" - but I think you've identified the issue more precisely! )
Has never ridden RAAM
---------
No.11  Because of the great host of those who dislike the least appearance of "swank " when they travel the roads and lanes. - From Kuklos' 39 Articles

« Reply #1313 on: 19 February, 2013, 07:24:52 pm »
Nor in Dorset neither  :'(

No show in sunny Wantage (Oxon)

mikewigley

« Reply #1314 on: 19 February, 2013, 07:33:37 pm »
Related Arrivee question.  I know that back issues are available from the website, but are there any plans to allow members to download a PDF version of the current issue, rather than have a paper version sent through snail mail?

No.  But "no" doesn't have to be forever.  When we first started to make Arrivee available online I wanted to make sure that it was only for back issues, so that you had to be a member of AUK to see the current edition as a paper copy.  However, I can see that making the current edition available online, with access to AUK members via password, might be an option favoured by some.

I suppose we could also devise a way of opting out of receiving Arrivee.  I know Pete has got a long list of more important changes and enhancements for the website, and all while earning a living too, so this wouldn't be near the top of the list.

I'm a bit concerned that a good number of you seem not to have seen your Arrivee yet.  The Royal Mail really doesn't seem to be on top of their game

« Reply #1315 on: 19 February, 2013, 08:51:05 pm »
Afraid c'est arrivee in some parts of Hampshire. Got mine a few days ago.  8)

« Reply #1316 on: 19 February, 2013, 08:54:51 pm »
Reading this thread, it would also appear to offer a way to have a copy available, so soothing the nerves of those unfortunates for whom the crunch of their postman's footsteps on the gravel to their front door, followed by the light pitter patter of envelopes rather than the satisfying thud of a magazine is the anthem of dashed hopes and dreams.

;D

(I was going to ask whether the posters with such incredible lack of patience had ever ridden a "long distance" - but I think you've identified the issue more precisely! )

If only it was a lack of patience...but I've recently had a cheque for £270 to a local plumber go 'missing in the post'; a whole bunch of documents that were posted to the NHS Pensions Agency go missing; and someone to whom I sent a cheque for £35 four weeks ago is allegedly still waiting to get it. Trouble is, I don't know if it was the post or the receivers have 'mislaid' the items, but as well as Arrivee I'm waiting for a couple of other things too, so I'm beginning to wonder. One thing is for certain - from now on, I'll be taking the hit cost-wise and posting anything vaguely important by recorded delivery. So you see, it's quite reassuring in a way to know that others haven't yet received Arrivee!

« Reply #1317 on: 20 February, 2013, 12:18:21 pm »
No show in Wiltshire, come on postie, get your finger out!

« Reply #1318 on: 20 February, 2013, 12:59:21 pm »
(Got mine in West Wiltshire about 5 days ago.)

RichardH

• All Time AUK 979 Pts
« Reply #1319 on: 20 February, 2013, 01:03:51 pm »
Still no show in Exeter.  ???
4 x Wessex Sr. Crackpot 1998. PBP 1999.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #1320 on: 20 February, 2013, 01:24:52 pm »

If only it was a lack of patience...but I've recently had a cheque for £270 to a local plumber go 'missing in the post'; a whole bunch of documents that were posted to the NHS Pensions Agency go missing; and someone to whom I sent a cheque for £35 four weeks ago is allegedly still waiting to get it. Trouble is, I don't know if it was the post or the receivers have 'mislaid' the items, but as well as Arrivee I'm waiting for a couple of other things too, so I'm beginning to wonder. One thing is for certain - from now on, I'll be taking the hit cost-wise and posting anything vaguely important by recorded delivery. So you see, it's quite reassuring in a way to know that others haven't yet received Arrivee!

Sometimes Royal Mail has some rather dubious employees. Members of my extended family were victims of this problem a few years ago.
<Sorry, Daily Heil link>
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-372524/Postman-20m-theft-jailed.html

« Reply #1321 on: 20 February, 2013, 01:54:44 pm »
J'attends toujours...... :-\

« Reply #1322 on: 20 February, 2013, 04:20:24 pm »
(Got mine in West Wiltshire about 5 days ago.)

Not got mine in West Wiltshire (Melksham) yet...  :(

Charlie Boy

• Dreams in kilometers
« Reply #1323 on: 21 February, 2013, 12:25:35 pm »
West Dorset still awaiting delivery...
Mojo is being awakened.

« Reply #1324 on: 21 February, 2013, 12:36:36 pm »
if it helps i have mine :demon: