Author Topic: For organisers - Multimap links from the Audax calendar are not working  (Read 1408 times)

Some organisers have entered their starting location using multimap, in the form "SO827792,GB".

These links are no longer working, it seems multimap has been taken over by Microsoft's Bing maps and 'tis broken. See the Elenith for an example.
"There are proven ways; play on the certain knowledge of their superiority, the mystique of secret covenant, the esprit of shared suffering"

mikewigley

Re: For organisers - Multimap links from the Audax calendar are not working
« Reply #1 on: 03 October, 2010, 07:43:10 pm »
Which bit's not working?  I've looked at the start location to the Winter Solstice and the Eureka events, and they both look OK, although I'm not sure why the Solstice doesn't show a map under the logo, which the Eureka does.

« Reply #2 on: 04 October, 2010, 09:19:31 am »
Somebody has fixed it. The Elenith is working again now. Before, when you clicked on the "Multimap" link, it just took you to a page that said "UK - location is approximate".
"There are proven ways; play on the certain knowledge of their superiority, the mystique of secret covenant, the esprit of shared suffering"

frankly frankie

• I kid you not
    • Fuchsiaphile
« Reply #3 on: 04 October, 2010, 10:16:49 am »
Before, when you clicked on the "Multimap" link, it just took you to a page that said "UK - location is approximate".

I've just tried it and it's as you say.  That's the 3rd time the Multimap URLs have changed format in the last 4 years, very annoying.

Mike the difference between the Eureka and the Solstice is that the Eureka start has been geocoded to the precise location, whereas the Solstice hasn't.  This is a new widget in the Planner and its very easy to do, highly recommended to all organisers for all events.
when you're dead you're done, so let the good times roll