Author Topic: Decisions on a new frame  (Read 5362 times)

border-rider

Re: Decisions on a new frame
« Reply #25 on: 18 April, 2009, 07:39:18 pm »
The Audax Mk3 looks pretty good (and even looks pretty), but to my way of thinking a lot of cash for a pretty ordinary bike. Unless some very particular dimensional requirements can surely do a whole lot better second hand + some careful up-grading.

That's exactly my view also.  As usual, Dave sums it up perfectly :)

border-rider

« Reply #26 on: 18 April, 2009, 07:40:00 pm »

It's a lovely colour. Everyone who has seen mine is impressed by the colour.

I'm quite sure it does make an impression on everyone who sees it ;)

inc

« Reply #27 on: 18 April, 2009, 08:56:53 pm »
I was looking for a frame earlier this year for mudguards, I have a Xian which is great but no mudguards I did contact them about another frame but the price has gone up and the shipping cost and of course the exchange rate so I kept looking and in the end went for an Aeron designed by Ridley, built in Taiwan, but painted in Belgium. You see them for £250 + but you can get them for £170. I have done a couple of thousand kms on it and really like it. Aeron AERON-TR D144B2 ONLY £176.17 [ ARTR144 ] - Discount Cycles Direct - Best Prices, Great Service I nearly bought a custom frame from Steve Goff, I spoke with him a few times he was very flexible  about what I wanted and his prices look good but I was in too much of a hurry  in the end
Steve Goff Cycles & Frames

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #28 on: 19 April, 2009, 08:52:56 am »
What I would do is find an old frame with nice lugs in the right size and get it renovated and respaced if necessary.  This would cost about £250 all-in.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.