Author Topic: Have you ditched the woodburning stove ?  (Read 5239 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Have you ditched the woodburning stove ?
« Reply #25 on: 21 January, 2021, 01:08:49 pm »
PSA for wood-burner users with an interest in SCIENCE:  SDS011 aspirating laser particulate sensors can be had for about 12 quid.  Something with a serial port to communicate with them left as an exercise for the reader, but sensor.community has a cookbook (the API appears to support 'indoor sensor' as an option).

« Reply #26 on: 21 January, 2021, 01:28:43 pm »
A couple of days ago I came home through the local park and it was crawling with two engines' worth of firemen because someone had reported a strong smell of smoke.

15-20 years ago they put in astroturf 5-a-side pitches along with a little changing room building, which has a woodburning stove as was the fashion of the time. I've only noticed it this month because it absolutely stinks. Maybe they're burning something they shouldn't.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #27 on: 21 January, 2021, 02:24:35 pm »
I thought "non-elite" sport was currently banned under lockdown three, in which case who's using it? Or perhaps they've decided to have a clear out while it's not in use and they're burning abandoned football boots and lost socks.  :o
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

« Reply #28 on: 21 January, 2021, 04:57:06 pm »
There's also a park-keeper's office. Although quite what they do in the office all day I've never figured out.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #29 on: 21 January, 2021, 04:59:22 pm »
Look for their keys, and burn things.