Author Topic: Cross Training: Running  (Read 431679 times)

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
Re: Cross Training: Running
« Reply #2525 on: 07 April, 2024, 09:48:39 pm »
Set out to do 6km came back after 10km and 500m up. Longest and highest run ever. (Yes I walked a bit but that's ok as a trail runner)

Leg's still working as legs, which is a shock.
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #2526 on: Yesterday at 03:21:40 pm »
Yesterdays run was nearly 8km, 192m altitude, where most of it was on good (very enjoyable cycling where you don't lose fillings or have too keep a eye out for pot holes) forest fire roads, legs hurt. Today's nearly 3km on a flat forest hard packed "smooth" gravel, think park track where you can easy push a pram, with only 19m of altitude, legs hunted more. Same happened a few months ago, when I tried to run around on the streets, since no tails were nearby. Other than boring me to death the road run was really painful for a few days afterwards.

Where previous runs like the nearly 10km, 715m altitude, run on Pyrenees mountainous tracks, or any of the 5km and 250m+ on narly, rocky, where is the track, roots, scree, trails, I think I found the track again, sheep, up and down mountains in and out of deep forest tracks. Legs are a bit tired a wee rest and some water later I'm walking normally.

But the flatter/uniform/smooth the surface it the more painful the legs are. From ankle and about 6" up all around is painful and even after stretches they are hurting for a good day after. And if I forget to move the legs they are rather sore/painful when taking the first steps after a sit down.

Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

« Reply #2527 on: Yesterday at 09:50:41 pm »
That is why Kipchoge manages a couple of marathons per year and kilian jornet races every week.  The difference in impact from tarmac or pavement is massive.

« Reply #2528 on: Today at 05:41:41 am »
Got out Monday with the intention of going out for about half hour, as was round town had headphones on as didn't need country lane or bridleway awareness. Just got fully in zone, switched off thinking and turned on legs. Weather was threatening heavy rain and a cold wind so had a cycling windproof gillet on but that soon went into the bum bag as warmed up. Did the half hour but felt good and again was still running steady rather then too fast then walk so thought would keep going and ended with 12km with my second fastest ever 10km. Hopefully can find time for more runs and need to sign up for something to aim at