Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
OT Knowledge / Re: Weird coin battery behaviour
« Last post by hellymedic on Today at 01:42:19 am »
David first replaced the battery on his computer transmitter with one of my ‘stock’ batteries but then bought a new one from a shop.
Still had issues in cold weather.
Partner & I BOTH saw GP for lumps on face on 17 January, me because I had spot in EXACTLY same anatomical location as Mum had Keratoacanthoma removed a few days before and he because he has a spot I thought was a basal cell carcinoma.
We sent mobile phone pictures to GP
I asked to go to Ealing Hospital, where Mum had been treated and brother-in-law is a consultant. I was seen in Ealing on 30 January, reassured and discharged.
David has just been seen by a Community Dermatologist in Wembley. They are going to cut his spot out at some point in the future, at some clinic in Rayners Lane.
Await events...
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Robh on Today at 12:23:10 am »
Father and Son - Cat Stevens
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by Pingu on Today at 12:19:39 am »
Still, at least there’s a new release from bonkers space rockers Psychic Lemon coming tomorrow to cheer us up.

Ta, I'd missed that :thumbsup:
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by Pingu on Today at 12:18:26 am »
Bloody February has been a dreadful month. 
But wait. They've awarded us an extra day.
Bugger.   :(

It's been ruddy good for me, long may it continue  ;D
« Last post by spesh on Yesterday at 11:48:08 pm »
Stripper Vicar - Mansun
OT Knowledge / Re: Weird coin battery behaviour
« Last post by Diver300 on Yesterday at 11:41:35 pm »
The new coin battery may have too high internal resistance meaning the voltage drops when current is drawn. Which is likely to be an age of its internal chemistry.
This.

The internal resistance of many cells goes up as they age or are used up.
Folders / Re: Brompton rear hinge
« Last post by drossall on Yesterday at 11:37:15 pm »
Hmmm. Now I've got a constant rattle. Any ideas? Probably better in that linked thread, unless you think it's the new hinges (I don't).
Folders / Re: Squeaky Brompton
« Last post by drossall on Yesterday at 11:35:34 pm »
Mine's more of a constant rattle. It developed immediately I renewed the hinge bushes last weekend. Wasn't there before >:(

At first I was sure it was the transmission, till I stopped pedalling and the noise carried on just the same. I haven't found anything loose yet and, as I said, it didn't happen till I fitted the bushes.

Looking closely, I can see that the bolt through the suspension block butts up against the bolt through the seat lever. Could they be rattling? I've been trying to find a really good photo of how they look normally, and they seem to sit pretty close anyway.

I've tried a bit of grease. I can try it more thoroughly, but not convinced that will fix a rattle. Trying to work out whether to just try ordering a new block.
« Last post by Mr Larrington on Yesterday at 11:32:06 pm »
Mansöngur ~ Sigur Rós & Steindór Andersen
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10