Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1597688 times)

Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #17375 on: Yesterday at 10:06:38 am »
I posted a grumble earlier this week about having had injections in both arms and only my dominant arm being painful. Said grumble was lost in the Great Crash, and now I wish to update my grumble to the effect that both my arms are still sore.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #17376 on: Yesterday at 01:10:07 pm »
Sympathies. Having had a perfusion port in one arm and a pressure bandage on the other wrist made life rather puzzling yesterday. Pressure bandage still there and catches on stuff during mousing. Itches like hell now, too.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End
« Reply #17377 on: Today at 10:34:36 am »
I HATE white bikes - servicing a rather nice Trek today . . . every time I touch it my gloves leave marks on the white parts - when I'd finished all the work and put it back together then had to spent 10 minutes with a clean cloth and bike cleaner to wipe it all down.     Upside is that the customer is delighted with the result.

« Reply #17378 on: Today at 06:01:31 pm »
I rang HMRC this morning as they have kindly decided to base my tax code for this year on their estimate of my income rather than my actual pay and somehow they have estimated I will receive almost three times my salary.  Should have been easy for them this year too as for the first time in twenty odd years, I just have the one employment. 

HMRC Phone Lines open at 8am.  I ring and it connects at 7:59:55, goes through 30 seconds of “Why don’t you try our online help” [I had] and then tells me they are closed. Ring back, now 8:00:45 and get put on hold.  What follows is lots and lots of inane “your call is important…” messages interspersed with a bit of hold music. No helpful info like a position in the queue.  Thirty four minutes later, I get put through to a human.  Less than two minutes after that, problem solved by very helpful agent.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #17379 on: Today at 06:15:03 pm »
That's pretty good going for HMRC...  Unless of course you discover the helpful human has fucked up your tax code.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #17380 on: Today at 06:33:43 pm »
HMRC and other government depts not having resource to handle calls properly boils my piss.

Charity Commission has been regularly closing down its phonelines early which spannered my tiny charity. We have 2 deaf, 2 autistic people (1 is deaf and autistic) so phones are REALLY not our thing but had to be used cos they Did A Stupid with all our logins. Need to write them a complaint.