Author Topic: eBay rant  (Read 27623 times)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
Re: eBay rant
« Reply #150 on: 30 January, 2024, 04:17:03 pm »
Today's bargain.  Suzuki Jimny wheel, £60.00 plus VAT (£72.00 to you).

But,

if you want a set click and buy 4 at £320.00 plus VAT
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

rogerzilla

« Reply #151 on: Yesterday at 08:11:53 am »
The new AI descriptions eBay suggests you use are completely useless.  They create a puff piece based on a new product, whereas what you need to know for a secondhand item is its condition.  I can see a lot of sellers falling foul of this, as undeclared faults mean it's going straight back as SNAD.

« Reply #152 on: Yesterday at 08:36:35 am »
It also talks utter shite. Every laptop is “powerful” and “sleek” and ideal for applications x, y and z.

I have literally no clue what its purpose is.

rogerzilla

« Reply #153 on: Yesterday at 08:51:45 am »
They probably wanted to help people list stuff faster and also overcome challenges in writing English (whether due to it being a second language, or just poor literacy).  The AI should really be restricted to new, boxed, items.

Adam

• It'll soon be summer
    • Charity ride Durness to Dover 18-25th June 2011
« Reply #154 on: Today at 06:41:15 am »
..... I would recommend high value items with Royal Mail since Evri won't complete an investigation into a lost package until up to 30 workings days. No customer wants to wait for a refund that long so you could well refund the customer and then the package gets delivered later on and so you will be out of pocket. Royal Mail are much better in this regards.

In fact you have to start the procedure with Evri before 30 days are up.  Once it gets to 30 days, they say you've left it too late! 
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” -Albert Einstein