Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1753718 times)

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
Re: Mid-Essex Mid Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #10425 on: 21 February, 2017, 11:59:59 am »
Assuming the Witham peleton is taking the slightly longer route, what is the ETA ... 8:30pm?

More like 9:30 I'd say.  That's assuming we do take a longer route.
Assuming a 7:30 departure following that route with 49km to The Compasses it's more likely to be 9:45 (or later) arrival there  ::-)

Yes but its forecast to be pi55ing down with rain so we will go faster.  Anyhow, we don't have to take a longer route, its just a idea.
Not to mention the cross/head wind most of the way round....a less long ride to the Compasses is looking more attractive
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #10426 on: 21 February, 2017, 12:05:10 pm »
 ;D ::-) :thumbsup:

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #10427 on: 21 February, 2017, 04:47:15 pm »
Assuming the Witham peleton is taking the slightly longer route, what is the ETA ... 8:30pm?

I'm hoping to be there then-ish as I will most likely be dining.
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #10428 on: 21 February, 2017, 05:03:47 pm »

I'm hoping to be there then-ish as I will most likely be dining.

I'll aim for 8:30-ish too.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #10429 on: 21 February, 2017, 05:33:08 pm »
Probably 21:00 eta for me.  :thumbsup:

« Reply #10430 on: 21 February, 2017, 06:28:50 pm »
I may be tempted out for the shorter ride. I'll be at the roundabout if I am

Oscar's dad

« Reply #10431 on: 21 February, 2017, 06:33:13 pm »
I may be tempted out for the shorter ride. I'll be at the roundabout if I am

Turn up and we'll sort it out at the roundabout in the rain  ;D

« Reply #10432 on: 22 February, 2017, 12:38:44 pm »
I have the bike in London today so my plan is to catch the train to Shenfield and head up from there. Suspect I will be at the compasses between 8:30 and 9 as well. If it's too miserable out there I might just be grumpy and head for home though  ::-)

Oscar's dad

« Reply #10433 on: 22 February, 2017, 12:45:11 pm »
I have the bike in London today so my plan is to catch the train to Shenfield and head up from there. Suspect I will be at the compasses between 8:30 and 9 as well. If it's too miserable out there I might just be grumpy and head for home though  ::-)

Deary me  ::-)  And just a few moments ago on another thread you were telling us how you were going to do the Arrow on fixed!  MAN UP YOU FAIRY!!!

« Reply #10434 on: 22 February, 2017, 01:18:12 pm »
I've found a forecast that says it'll not start raining until 9pm ... that'll do for me  :)

I'm hoping on discussions for different rides this evening ... York, LEL, Holland, and various others that have been mooted. Some logistics and some dates need confirming.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Oscar's dad

« Reply #10435 on: 22 February, 2017, 01:27:46 pm »
The BBC on my iPhone says its going to start raining in about 30 minutes and not stop for 24 hours  ;D  Perhaps the rain will wash some of the weapons grade mid-Essex crud off Dakota.

« Reply #10436 on: 22 February, 2017, 01:43:26 pm »

Deary me  ::-)  And just a few moments ago on another thread you were telling us how you were going to do the Arrow on fixed!  MAN UP YOU FAIRY!!!
You don't have to be hard all the time! Just when it counts.

riding home after a day in the office is one of the times where I am more than happy to be 'soft'

Oscar's dad

« Reply #10437 on: 22 February, 2017, 01:48:49 pm »
You'll have the wind behind you all the way from Shenfield to Tiptree via The Compasses.  You won't need to be hard at all!

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #10438 on: 22 February, 2017, 02:08:02 pm »
I am off work today and home now, I feel in need of more beer than miles this evening  :facepalm:
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

« Reply #10439 on: 22 February, 2017, 02:25:18 pm »
Can we at least go up TMNH?  It is the most direct route to The Compasses after all.

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #10440 on: 22 February, 2017, 02:45:10 pm »
Can we at least go up TMNH?  It is the most direct route to The Compasses after all.

Are you only saying that so you can pay another visit to Hurrells Lane.........!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #10441 on: 22 February, 2017, 02:47:32 pm »

Are you only saying that so you can pay another visit to Hurrells Lane.........!?

It's only because he misses  you and hopes he might catch a glimpse as he rides by.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #10442 on: 22 February, 2017, 03:08:37 pm »

It's only because he misses  you and hopes he might catch a glimpse as he rides by.

He must have stopped last week, he was 45 minutes late.

The Retiree

• Zappi Clothing Ambassador - http://zappi.clothing/
« Reply #10443 on: 22 February, 2017, 03:09:39 pm »

With OD's choice of attire for the epiphany evening do I think you would be more likely to find him there than me!
I will be sure to invite you all to my retirement do so you don't miss me too much

« Reply #10444 on: 22 February, 2017, 03:15:00 pm »
You'll have the wind behind you all the way from Shenfield to Tiptree via The Compasses.  You won't need to be hard at all!
Just as well!

« Reply #10445 on: 22 February, 2017, 04:15:52 pm »
Hi Each,

I'd like to join in tonight.  If you could let me know if you'll becoming via NH I'll meet you at the top so I only climb it once tonight, else I'll see you at the roundabout.

Jan
Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

Oscar's dad

« Reply #10446 on: 22 February, 2017, 04:45:17 pm »
Hi Each,

I'd like to join in tonight.  If you could let me know if you'll becoming via NH I'll meet you at the top so I only climb it once tonight, else I'll see you at the roundabout.

Jan

Can you message me your mobile number?

Oscar's dad

« Reply #10447 on: 22 February, 2017, 05:15:23 pm »
Hi Each,

Jan

A meeting of Elders has taken place electronically and it has been decided we will ascend TMNH this evening so we can scoop up North Hill Dwellers by The General's Arms.  Hooray  :thumbsup:

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
« Reply #10448 on: 22 February, 2017, 05:48:51 pm »
16 years ago on this date my son decided to enter this world, showing a distinct lack of forward planning.
As a result I may not be out tonight.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #10449 on: 22 February, 2017, 06:26:08 pm »
Happy birthday to the young un, hope you have cake and beer at the party! :D  :thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen