Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1753514 times)

Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #15125 on: 20 August, 2020, 03:59:52 pm »
Well, I had a really good night and it was great to meet some of you. Big thanks to Jason for inviting me in the first place and the rest of you for being so welcoming. I am pencilling this in as a regular thing if you'll have me back. Sorry that I didn't get to chat to you all but we will all meet eventually, I am sure. thanks again.

Nick.

It was good to meet with you Nick. As you'll have seen, we're a mixed bag with many different aspirations, but collectively all interested to a greater or lesser extent on 2 wheeled propulsion. Be good to see you along on future Wednesdays, and other rides as they happen.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #15126 on: 20 August, 2020, 11:31:43 pm »
Yeah, I think i am going to enjoy meeting up and getting to know everybody a bit better. Thanks :)

« Reply #15127 on: 22 August, 2020, 02:54:50 pm »
So where is the next venue then? Not that I am looking forward to Wednesday evenings like some kind of an excited child, or anything. :D

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #15128 on: 24 August, 2020, 10:03:02 am »
The forecast for Wednesday evening is looking fine weather-wise at the moment.

Subject to another weather check tomorrow a.m. before I procure BEER, how about Oaky Towers this week?
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #15129 on: 24 August, 2020, 10:29:43 am »
Sounds great and I await the forecast with baited breath!
Thanks,Nick.

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #15130 on: 24 August, 2020, 11:24:23 am »

Subject to another weather check tomorrow a.m. before I procure BEER, how about Oaky Towers this week?

Works for me!!!

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15131 on: 24 August, 2020, 11:35:48 am »
... Subject to another weather check tomorrow a.m. before I procure BEER...

You might need Merlot too.  Or we could just bring our own.

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #15132 on: 24 August, 2020, 07:40:20 pm »

Ok  :thumbsup:! Might be a tad breezy on Wednesday and the ground soft from tomorrow's rain ... I'll bring me camping chair and a duvet.

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #15133 on: 25 August, 2020, 10:56:20 am »
Weather forecast at the BBC still looks good for tomorrow night (dry, 16-19C, wind 10mph and dropping, negligible (5%) chance of precipitation).

I'll proceed with the acquisition of  BEER and selected other beverages (soft and non-soft.  Maybe even some Merlot for OD).

I can't promise the cocktail-fuelled LA pool-party experience that Tippers brought to the table, but might crack out the fire pit if we feel a little chilly.  I might even attempt not to set my lawn alight this time (I don't think emulating California in that way would bring me any closer to the LA pool party vibe, anyway).

I can muster socially distanced seating for 14-15.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15134 on: 25 August, 2020, 11:06:19 am »
Weather forecast at the BBC still looks good for tomorrow night (dry, 16-19C, wind 10mph and dropping, negligible (5%) chance of precipitation).

I'll proceed with the acquisition of  BEER and selected other beverages (soft and non-soft.  Maybe even some Merlot for OD).

I can't promise the cocktail-fuelled LA pool-party experience that Tippers brought to the table, but might crack out the fire pit if we feel a little chilly.  I might even attempt not to set my lawn alight this time (I don't think emulating California in that way would bring me any closer to the LA pool party vibe, anyway).

Top banana - thanks Oaky  :-*

The evening will also include tandem test riding if 'fango and his carer turn up.

« Reply #15135 on: 25 August, 2020, 12:05:55 pm »

Fabulous and can't wait! Thanks a lot.

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #15136 on: 25 August, 2020, 07:22:46 pm »
I haven't attended one of these Covid  lockdown busting bashes before.
What's the protocol regarding beverages? Do we bring our own, rely on our generous host or donate to the kitty?
Also, what's the usual arrival time? I'll be cycling direct from home.

« Reply #15137 on: 25 August, 2020, 08:05:16 pm »
I’m not around this week as holiday in Somerset rather than Corsica. The weather and the slightly dismal tourist attractions does remind me why I go abroad!!

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #15138 on: 25 August, 2020, 08:28:01 pm »
What's the protocol regarding beverages? Do we bring our own, rely on our generous host or donate to the kitty?

Usually earlier meet-up, from 20:00-ish. Now most hosts buy in some beer and depending on how expensive their taste, see what the kitty's £10 gets you. More than a pub though! Sometimes there are snacks - pickled eggs anyone? It works well, but subject to weather and now the evenings drawing in ...

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #15139 on: 25 August, 2020, 10:05:23 pm »
Thanks Tomsk.

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #15140 on: 26 August, 2020, 01:04:49 am »

I have ~48 pints of Mighty Oak ale in stock (two 18pt minipins: Captain Bob and The Old Man and the Sea, plus a dozen bottles for when those run out).  There will be wine, soft drinks (coke, lemonade, coffee/tea) and a few other options (e.g. several "limited edition" gins:- i.e. nearly empty bottle ends).  Usual kitty donation welcomed, but not compulsory.

8pm has been traditional, but feel free to arrive earlier.  Anyone landing before 7pm - let me know.

Likewise, anyone who doesn't know the location, shout up and I (or one of the other folks who know where I live) will DM you with the details.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #15141 on: 26 August, 2020, 01:12:07 am »

I have ~48 pints of Mighty Oak ale in stock (two 18pt minipins: Captain Bob and The Old Man and the Sea, plus a dozen bottles for when those run out).  There will be wine, soft drinks (coke, lemonade, coffee/tea) and a few other options (e.g. several "limited edition" gins:- i.e. nearly empty bottle ends).  Usual kitty donation welcomed, but not compulsory.

8pm has been traditional, but feel free to arrive earlier.  Anyone landing before 7pm - let me know.

Likewise, anyone who doesn't know the location, shout up and I (or one of the other folks who know where I live) will DM you with the details.
Well done that man!
Drop me the Addy just in case.
Regards,

Joergen

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
« Reply #15142 on: 26 August, 2020, 07:46:33 am »
I'm going to need your "Addy" as well.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15143 on: 26 August, 2020, 08:15:50 am »
@Oaky... TCMR is planning to attend this evening and was going to bring her own supplies but given there are pubs with less stock than Oaky Towers can TCMR simply contribute a tenner to the Hello Kitty Kitty?

Carlosfandango

• Yours fragrantly.
« Reply #15144 on: 26 August, 2020, 08:51:14 am »

Wow, fantastic effort Oaky. I may have to reschedule Thursday morning 😁

Oaky

• Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #15145 on: 26 August, 2020, 09:39:05 am »
@Oaky... TCMR is planning to attend this evening and was going to bring her own supplies but given there are pubs with less stock than Oaky Towers can TCMR simply contribute a tenner to the Hello Kitty Kitty?

Whatever suits. I forgot to mention there's prosecco on the menu too and a few fruit ciders.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #15146 on: 26 August, 2020, 10:04:02 am »

Whatever suits. I forgot to mention there's prosecco on the menu too and a few fruit ciders.

:thumbsup:

« Reply #15147 on: 26 August, 2020, 04:23:27 pm »
Looking forward to seeing you all and I will be taking this route, kindly supplied by Jason. If anyone wants me to divert a little to meet them on the way then let me know and I'll be happy do that. I am aiming for an 8pm arrival.

See you all later,Nick.
P.S. I will just be bringing Kitty money if that's okay?

« Reply #15148 on: 26 August, 2020, 04:27:51 pm »
Sounds like Oaky is laying on something special, I hope it all goes well. I'm scrabbling around trying to get lots of things finished before the end of Thursday, so unable to make the trek this evening.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

« Reply #15149 on: 26 August, 2020, 04:30:09 pm »
Sounds like Oaky is laying on something special, I hope it all goes well. I'm scrabbling around trying to get lots of things finished before the end of Thursday, so unable to make the trek this evening.
Here's to getting all your chores done and catch you next time I hope!