Author Topic: A random thread for weatherish things that don't warrant a thread of their own.  (Read 281634 times)

Were I able to stop on the top of Tring Hill, there would ahve been a couple os dozen visible.  It happens from time to time. During the Iceland volcano eruption, it was lovely to see the mostly clear skies.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

For the past two years in a row, we've had double the average rainfall for May.

Must be our fault for moving here.
<i>Marmite slave</i>

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Whereas we're having the driest, hottest May on record. Hit 29°C on my ride today.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
Oooh, thunder!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

And lightning, and RAIN!. All for about 15 minutes wgere we were, around 11pm.  This morning, the roads are bone dry. Which explains the humidity.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Beardy

• Shedist
We had the lightning about 1:30 this morning and about 6mm of rain according to the garden technology. Dr Beardy reported it was ‘like a swamp’ this morning when she went for her run. By the time I staggered out of my pit it was raining again.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Oooh, thunder!

We had 11mm rain and I'm told that there was thunder locally. My sister heard it and she lives about 200 yards north of me. I slept through.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
31°C at 1 pm.

ETA the thunderstorms that were predicted for this evening have now disappeared from the forecast.

Clare

• Is in NZ
We appear to be suffering from the tail end of something or other. It's been blowing a hoolie all day and torrential downpours keep happening. It's weather on a loop.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Hellish thunderstorms in the Berry and the Poitou last night. Son, down near Châteauroux, reports 11cm hail not far from his place. We had a storm come through at around 4 am. Most of the lightning was to the south of us but the rain battered MrsT's roses to hell.

ETA Météorage reports 165,263 lightning discharges in France yesterday.

I hesitate to say this, but we really could do with some rain.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
I hesitate to say this, but we really could do with some rain.

I hate to agree, but I do .
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
The forecast is for thunderstorms for the south of England tonight - the south being defined as anywhere south of a line roughy between Blackpool and Scarborough, with the exception of Devon & Cornwall. I'll believe it when I see it.

I've just been out to water some plants. The water butts are almost empty.

Beardy

• Shedist
Ms Beardy the younger is Glamping at a wedding in a field in Essex this weekend, so rain would be in keeping…
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Thunderstorm from 1 am to around 4.  I was awake for most of it.  MrsT's roses battered again.  Stormfront is now moving across Bavaria, slap it up 'em. Gebackener Camembert indeed, whoever heard of cheese in a tin?

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
It seems we had about 5mm. I didn’t hear any thunder.

20mm between 5.00 and 7.00 in West London.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
Stair-rods again. The bulk of it stayed over the hills, though. Flashing & rumbling away like God putting out his wheelie bin via the front steps.

TimC

• Old blerk sometimes onabike.
It seems we had about 5mm. I didn’t hear any thunder.

The 'heavy rain' that was forecast totally failed to turn up. We've had a bit of drizzle, and it's chilly and very dull but dry now. Not one of the weather forecasting community's greatest successes!

Same here. Was supposed to be heavy rain early doors then just rain. It's dry, albeit grey

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
I slept for 10 hours and spent another 2 with a pillow over my head listening to lemmings[1] and burglar alarms as the power repeatedly glitched, before finally getting up and seeing what was going on.  It appears to be mildly wet, but not currently raining.  And the pixies appear to be dancing consistently now.

[1] The alerters play the "Ohno!" sound when switching to battery power.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
Started about 23:30 in this corner of Leafy Surrey and seemed to go on all night.  With additional titanic “SPLOOOOOSSSSH” noises as the enormous tarp over next door's ongoing building works periodically shed about a thousand gallons of water onto the drive/patio/path down the side of the house next to Fort Larrington.

No rain here - still sunny and warm.

Mr Larrington

• Custard Wallah
The wireless says it’s binning down in Cardiff, so I expect it’ll be rolling up the M4 before long.

We had our village transport festival. Rained hard all night then drizzled but cold.