Author Topic: A random thread for food things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 512343 times)

that is correct it is a diety.

Your diety won't be too great if you worship at the altar of the square sausage

The Whisky Exchange changes its name  https://www.thewhiskyexchange.com/feature/the-whiskey-exchange

(yes.. I know)

hellymedic

• Just do it!

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
"We are a bistro pub"

Oh <Bad Swears> I want beer, that tastes of beer*, with the chance of ham egg and chips for lunch.

*Saturday night there was a beer with "notes of banana and honey. GTF.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
Mrs F was on a 100k Audax yesterday, and came to a 'cafe' which had a notice board outside advertising teas, coffees, snacks etc.

She and her riding companion went in.
It looked a lot like a 'traditional' 'Lager or Export' pub.
But there was a proper commercial grade coffee machine on the counter.

Oh, can we just have a couple of coffees, please?
Ah, no. The machine is not in use, it's just for show.

Oh. Then tea, perhaps?
Ah, no. We don't do that either.

Well, if you don't do anything but keg lager, why do you put it on your notice board?

Mrs F was on a 100k Audax yesterday, and came to a 'cafe' which had a notice board outside advertising teas, coffees, snacks etc.

She and her riding companion went in.
It looked a lot like a 'traditional' 'Lager or Export' pub.
But there was a proper commercial grade coffee machine on the counter.

Oh, can we just have a couple of coffees, please?
Ah, no. The machine is not in use, it's just for show.

Oh. Then tea, perhaps?
Ah, no. We don't do that either.

Well, if you don't do anything but keg lager, why do you put it on your notice board?
WTAF?

It only dawned on me later, the woman on the coupled Shand could well be your wife - If it'd dawned on me when we saw her a few times, I'd have said how much I loved your south american adventure !  Were you doing the 200 ?

Also, which cafe was that ?  We stopped in Aberlour (the gatherin')  and Lossiemouth at the harbour

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
"We are a bistro pub"

Oh <Bad Swears> I want beer, that tastes of beer*, with the chance of ham egg and chips for lunch.

*Saturday night there was a beer with "notes of banana and honey. GTF.
I have drunk actual banana beer, brewed from bananas, and it's not bad. Didn't really taste of bananas. Orange beer ditto, in as far as it didn't taste of oranges, but it did have a taste vaguely reminiscent of petrol.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Sad story of Little Chef…
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68796980

They were brilliant places for a business trip breakfast. And notable for a significant number of Downs folk amongst their employees.

OTOH those in non-business locations could be pretty grim, the one I recall like that being close to the Holyhead ferry port.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
It only dawned on me later, the woman on the coupled Shand could well be your wife - If it'd dawned on me when we saw her a few times, I'd have said how much I loved your south american adventure !  Were you doing the 200 ?

Also, which cafe was that ?  We stopped in Aberlour (the gatherin')  and Lossiemouth at the harbour

Yes, that was her. The green Shand Stoater with S&S couplings.
Yes, I was on the 200.

The un-cafe was somewhere in Lossiemouth, but I don't know the name of it.

Hope you enjoyed the day out!