Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
OT Knowledge / Re: Trousers for gardening & other manual work
« Last post by Flite on Today at 08:53:20 pm »
If any ladies are looking for workwear- have a look at Aardvark Clothing. Very good overalls and bib and braces in two different weights of material.  I'm in the lighter version for gardening at this time of year. Good pockets, well made and they actually fit!
Used to use Alexandra, but they have gone over to hospitality and beautician stuff, and anyway the Aarvark is better  designed.
I've given up on craghoppers, rohan etc - if they fit over my thighs and bum there is a huge amount of gaping material at the waist
Andy, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Almost certainly made much much harder by this pandemic-year. We don't live in a society which allows for quick and good care in people's own homes, that is not your fault. Caring is unbelievably hard, it sounds like you did amazingly to manage as much as you did. Keeping you in my thoughts.
The Dark Side / Re: Sun ez3 stolen
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Today at 08:35:24 pm »
Excellent news and that group of cyclists deserve a big thank you. For once, a puncture was good! It also sounds like you were able to recover the trike from the house without too much difficulty, which, if true, is also good.
« Last post by andrewc on Today at 08:24:32 pm »
Good news.  :thumbsup:
For the first time in over a year I’m wearing my wedding ring. The winter before last I lost quite a bit of weight, enough that, on cold days, my ring would just slide off, once whilst packing the shopping in Tesco’s car park. So rather than los3 it I stopped wearing it. 2 weeks ago we were able to visit the jewellers, and today my wife collected my slightly reduced ring  :thumbsup:
I stopped wearing mine many years ago as I used to get a rash under it.  My wife had it made into ring for her.

She was buried with it a month ago.
Andy, I’m very sorry but I must have missed this. Your wife died? I am so sorry to hear that!
Yes, she did.  Of cancer.  We'd known about it for 18 months but last October they said they could do no more for her.  It was then just a matter of time.

I had to move her to a nursing home in our village a month before she died because, even with the support of the MacMillan nurses, I could not keep up.  Seeing her being moved from our home will haunt me for the rest of my life.

She was 68 and we'd been married for 43 years.

Tough, this.

« Last post by cycleman on Today at 08:18:06 pm »
While riding along the slough arm of the gu canal looking for the sun. I met a group of cyclists on a ride from Twickenham. One of their number was fixing a puncher .I took the opportunity of telling them about the missing trike and showed them the picture. I rode on and about 10mins one of their number caught me and told me that they had seen the trike being ridden by a boy in a park by the canal. They identified the house the boy went into allowing me to recover the trike. One  stayed behind me to make sure that the trike towed home. I then rode over to Windsor to reunite him with his group. Me and liz are both really grateful to all of the  cycling group who disrupted their ride to help us. I have a terrible memory for names but should they read many heartfelt thanks again  :) .the sun is undamaged from it's little adventure  :)
The Pub / Re: i am the resurrection
« Last post by asterix on Today at 08:16:46 pm »
Robespierre. As leader of the Labour Party.
On a similarly sad not, Kajsa Tylen’s mother died 3 days ago.

https://twitter.com/yearinthesaddle/status/1393485835539034112
For the first time in over a year I’m wearing my wedding ring. The winter before last I lost quite a bit of weight, enough that, on cold days, my ring would just slide off, once whilst packing the shopping in Tesco’s car park. So rather than los3 it I stopped wearing it. 2 weeks ago we were able to visit the jewellers, and today my wife collected my slightly reduced ring  :thumbsup:
I stopped wearing mine many years ago as I used to get a rash under it.  My wife had it made into ring for her.

She was buried with it a month ago.
Andy, I’m very sorry but I must have missed this. Your wife died? I am so sorry to hear that!

I don’t think Andy mentioned it. Condolences from me.
Andy. My condolences.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10