Author Topic: Suggestions for an alternative to a Galaxy S7  (Read 1718 times)

Suggestions for an alternative to a Galaxy S7
« on: 18 February, 2023, 01:26:47 pm »
I need to replace my Moto G4 Play, screen broken in many places and running so verrrry slowly.  I chose a Galaxy S7 as it is pretty much the same size weight etc but much more highly specced and were available as NOS for a resobably price.  However the first phone that I received and its replacement both had the back cover coming away from the case, possible a swollen battery??  I think I will ask for a refund but what other phone to go for?  I would like a 5.1" or close phone.

Thanks

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
Re: Suggestions for an alternative to a Galaxy S7
« Reply #1 on: 18 February, 2023, 06:36:44 pm »
I've been very happy with a Pixel 4a which is about 14cm if that's not too big. Great camera, battery and sound.
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

« Reply #2 on: 19 February, 2023, 10:21:50 am »
Larger than I would prefer and well out of the price that I would be willing to pay for a phone.  But thanks anyway.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #3 on: 19 February, 2023, 10:35:45 am »
Security updates for older phones aren't produced, and they won't run up to date OSes (planned obsolescence).  That's the issue with buying anything more than 3-4 years old.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #4 on: 19 February, 2023, 01:41:01 pm »
So how much do you want to spend? Second hand Samsungs are usually not cheap. The S7 is about 7 years old, so will be stuck with an older OS version etc.
Unfortunately there's not many modern phones that are actually small, apart from a few niche brands.