Author Topic: Decent router modem recommendations  (Read 1639 times)

Decent router modem recommendations
« on: 23 April, 2023, 02:11:51 pm »
Nothing fancy.  Input from a filter plugged into a standard BT style landline telephone connection.

Needed if EE (BT?) Continue to fail to supply a replacement router to FiL.  It's been a week now.  Pretty poor service if you ask me.

DaveJ

• Happy days
Re: Decent router modem recommendations
« Reply #1 on: 23 April, 2023, 10:12:36 pm »
TP-Link TD-W9960 should do it.  You should be able to get one of these from under £30.

If you buy any third party router, you will need to configure it yourself.  BT do not seem unhappy for people to use their own router, but they do not provide any support for doing so.

« Reply #2 on: 24 April, 2023, 03:10:33 pm »
TP-Link TD-W9960 should do it.  You should be able to get one of these from under £30.

If you buy any third party router, you will need to configure it yourself.  BT do not seem unhappy for people to use their own router, but they do not provide any support for doing so.

EE seem more helpful

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/broadband-and-landline/home-broadband/how-do-i-use-my-own-router-for-home-broadband
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

« Reply #3 on: 24 April, 2023, 03:25:39 pm »
Many thanks.  That all looks very helpful.

« Reply #4 on: 27 April, 2023, 09:26:13 am »
Thankfully EE (BT) finally got their act together yesterday and fixed the line fault.  It wasn't the router modem after all.

Poor "diagnosis" by the Openreach engineer and 10 days outage to be compensated for.