Author Topic: A random thread for small things that don't really warrant a thread of their own  (Read 3009388 times)

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

ian

You people have eaten already? I never start cooking before 10 pm.

I'm in bed by then.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
I'm defo thinking about bed by then. But then I have to get up and feed the cats at 6am.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

We had paneer tikka for tea and sesame hoisin shrimp for lunch. Both home made.

citoyen

• Occasionally rides a bike
We had cauliflower steaks for tea. Fashionably plant-based. But I've also been doing some Friday night baking...

Homemade eclairs by citoyen, on Flickr
"The future's all yours, you lousy bicycles."

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary

Were you a Spaniard in a previous incarnation?
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

My parents still eat at approx 18:00.  I rarely dine before 20:00 and ofter quite a bit later.   

Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.

My parents still eat at approx 18:00.  I rarely dine before 20:00 and ofter quite a bit later.
I bet they don't, I reckon they eat at 6 o'clock.  ;)

I usually eat later than that but that doesn't make it dining.  :D
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
" Nobody needs bells any more "
Debatable.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Beardy

• Shedist
We’re dog sitting today for the boy’s ridiculously pampered Italian greyhound. She’s ok, but I’m not that into lap dogs and believe that there’s a dog shelf for a good reason. Hopefully she’ll settle down in a bit,and I’ll get to enjoy my coffee in peace.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

T42

• Apprentice geezer

We used to start cooking at around 19:30 and eat when the aperitif ran dry.  Then MrsT's folks came over to live with us and we started eating at 20:00, then 19:30, then the Inlaw Paw had a heart attack and we had to shift the main meal to lunchtime and just have a snack at 19:00. Really fuxked up our cooking fun since we were both working.

Her folk are dead now but we stick to the same schedule since yrs trly has coronary "issues" now. :(

Life's a bitch and then you start eating like a bloody hermit.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
I had to pop into town for the first time in over a year.  It was horrible.  Sainsbury's, Argos and Starbucks all gone since my last visit. Still, the mobile phone accessory stall, like the triumphal cockroach, was still open 
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

robgul

• Cycle:End-to-End webmaster
  • cyclist, Cytech accredited mechanic & woodworker
    • Cycle:End-to-End

rogerzilla

Ebay sellers.  A B17 narrow is the one that says NARROW on the side.  It is not the one that says STANDARD.  Maybe it's a certain cycle retailer (from which I have been banned) taking the mickey on eBay too!

andytheflyer

• Andytheex-flyer.....
For the first time in over a year I’m wearing my wedding ring. The winter before last I lost quite a bit of weight, enough that, on cold days, my ring would just slide off, once whilst packing the shopping in Tesco’s car park. So rather than los3 it I stopped wearing it. 2 weeks ago we were able to visit the jewellers, and today my wife collected my slightly reduced ring  :thumbsup:
I stopped wearing mine many years ago as I used to get a rash under it.  My wife had it made into ring for her.

She was buried with it a month ago.

rogerzilla

My mum's was also too loose and she lost it while gardening.  About a decade later, she found it again while plantjng some new shrubs.  My dad had bought a replacement but it wasn't as good (prices having gone up over the years), so she went back to the original.

My wife made me get one a few decades ago because I was such a chick-magnet*.  Arthritic knuckles mean I can no longer get it (the ring) on.  This coincides with my no longer being a chick-magnet.  Not even a broiler-magnet, truth to tell.

* An innocent one, I must declare!

Auntie Helen

• 6 Wheels in Germany
For the first time in over a year I’m wearing my wedding ring. The winter before last I lost quite a bit of weight, enough that, on cold days, my ring would just slide off, once whilst packing the shopping in Tesco’s car park. So rather than los3 it I stopped wearing it. 2 weeks ago we were able to visit the jewellers, and today my wife collected my slightly reduced ring  :thumbsup:
I stopped wearing mine many years ago as I used to get a rash under it.  My wife had it made into ring for her.

Andy, I’m very sorry but I must have missed this. Your wife died? I am so sorry to hear that!
My blog on cycling in Germany and eating German cake – http://www.auntiehelen.co.uk

Yes, that's very sad.  It's a lovely story about the ring - but one you could have done without.  condolences, Andy.

Condolences from me too, Andy.

I got a puzzle ring for our engagement. Too much fiddling means it no longer goes back together quite right. I really ought to get it fixed.

Andy. My condolences.

Andy, I’m very sorry but I must have missed this. Your wife died? I am so sorry to hear that!

I don’t think Andy mentioned it. Condolences from me.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)