Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Health & Fitness / Re: Cross Training: Running
« Last post by Feanor on Today at 10:23:40 pm »
Did a 15k hill route today; the route of the medium distance option of the 'Illuminator' night-time hill race.
There was rather more Sno than I'd expected!

https://www.strava.com/activities/11055086099
In terms of rechargeables, you’d be hard pressed to tell the difference between a rear light bought today and one bought 10+ years ago.

Other than the tripling of light output for the same price.
£25 now buys a 300l tail light.
Arts and Entertainment / Re: What books are we reading at the moment ?
« Last post by Kim on Today at 10:16:08 pm »
I just finished The Water Knife by Paolo Bacigalupi.  Clearly well-researched, but suffers from a lack of characters.  Would probably make a good action movie.

(click to show/hide)
The Pub / Re: Spalding: Pavement pizzas and badly wrapped kebabs.
« Last post by ElyDave on Today at 09:48:22 pm »
<terrible old joke mode>
Do you like Spalding?
</terrible old joke mode>

I don't know, I've never Spalded
Audax / Re: Steady lights on on calendar events - resolution for AUK AGM
« Last post by Peter on Today at 09:47:33 pm »
I haven't needed anything that's had a long run time for some time (unfortunately) but I have had a couple of the Smart lights in the past and found them pretty good though the "clip" cracked on at least one of them.  The tech for bike lamps has definitely come on leaps and bounds in the last few years.
The Pub / Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Last post by barakta on Today at 09:45:16 pm »
Ooops.
Peter:

"a few years ago" so 2007 there was a cateye light that took AA batteries

Then after that (maybe 2012?) smart made some nice lights that ran on AAA.  These are called a super flash but they do also run steady

both these lights were cheap at the time.  The super flash is still widely available for less than 10 quid
« Last post by grams on Today at 09:35:45 pm »
Those 2xAAA lamps that have been available in pound shops for 2-3 decades last for several days if battery life is a concern.

In terms of rechargeables, you’d be hard pressed to tell the difference between a rear light bought today and one bought 10+ years ago.
« Last post by Peter on Today at 09:28:45 pm »
I'm sure it's possible now, V'sprung but it wasn't a few years ago unless you paid more for your lamp than some of us paid for a bike!  Which lamps are you using, out of interest?
The Pub / Re: Super-Twat
« Last post by andrewc on Today at 09:14:45 pm »
Faux will be in a double bad mood today.   He's* had to pay Mukhtar's legal costs.     * or his sugar daddy has.

https://x.com/I_amMukhtar/status/1773396220439871803?s=20
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10