Author Topic: Which mattress?  (Read 11862 times)

Re: Which mattress?
« Reply #75 on: 06 March, 2022, 05:03:16 pm »
I have a euro king size (200x160) slatted frame bought from Ikea a long time ago.  It was tricky getting a replacement mattress to fit.  In the end got a REM-Fit hybrid 400 (available in many sizes).  Very pleased.  It's on the hard side which suits me well.
The sound of one pannier flapping

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #76 on: 06 March, 2022, 05:40:06 pm »
I have a euro king size (200x160) slatted frame bought from Ikea a long time ago.  It was tricky getting a replacement mattress to fit.  In the end got a REM-Fit hybrid 400 (available in many sizes).  Very pleased.  It's on the hard side which suits me well.

That looks good.  I molished us a euro king bed frame because the extra 10cm of elbow room makes all the difference.  Our current memory foam on foam mattress (which is only about 3 years old) doesn't seem to be aging well[1].

[1] For reasons that aren't entirely clear, there's a pronounced dip in it on barakta's side, in spite of me being heavier.  I think she sleeps on her side more than I do.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #77 on: 07 March, 2022, 12:32:44 am »
[1] For reasons that aren't entirely clear, there's a pronounced dip in it on barakta's side, in spite of me being heavier.  I think she sleeps on her side more than I do.

I'm just made of depleted uranium or something else heavy... Small and heavy.