Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: what I have learned today.
« Last post by The Family Cyclist on Today at 11:35:27 pm »
Not today but remembered and worth sharing. If you kinda pump the toilet brush into the pan kinda like some smutty milk churn charad you can push the water out so spraying home made limescale cleaner on works better
Arts and Entertainment / Re: Great cover versions
« Last post by Pingu on Today at 11:31:19 pm »
https://youtu.be/4nTo8rjo-lM?si=DnRFm1UlQlD6nL4-

Weezer's cover of "Paranoid Android" from a few years ago.  Oh, the lead guitarist's not really as good as Jonny, say Radiohead fans.  You do need to take into account that he's normally the drummer!

One of those 'what's the point?' covers and the singer is shite.
Arts and Entertainment / Re: Great cover versions
« Last post by Robh on Today at 10:54:34 pm »
Random selection on my music library came up with this reggae cover of 'Compared To What' tonight, which I wasn't previously aware that I possessed. It's great!

https://youtu.be/pPucQrwfGFs?si=Xcszzgzxic05tkbb
The Pub / Re: What have you fettled today?
« Last post by JefO on Today at 10:35:05 pm »
Two days clearing the garage of unwanted stuff.
Down to the tip with 4 estate car loads of it; and it is still full.
The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by perpetual dan on Today at 10:29:02 pm »
Open plan office: Good for collaboration, teamwork and bouncing ideas.

Open plan office with PEOPLE WHO TALK SO LOUDLY: Bad and makes me grumpy.
Open plan quiet office, so no chatting, no calls. Splendid. Except for the extra noisy eating of lunch. I'd rather have a background chatter than him.

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

The Pub / Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Last post by barakta on Today at 10:17:54 pm »
On the subject of Royal Fail. Their online buy postage system is full of dark pattern badness.

I tried 3 separate times to get "postage without collection" and it kept adding collection. Eventually Kim had to help me and said you have to let it add collection and then remove it when it is a separate item in the basket.

I did eventually get my "Kim walks it to postbox and we don't get morning doorbells" postage.

In the time it took the postage to print. I banged off a complaint to Royal Fucking Fail to say "STOP the adding collection automatically as that is clearly a breach of many many consumer rights rules and disablist" I've said I'll report them to OfCom if they don't fix it. I wouldn't have been able to get my postage if Kim hadn't told me the collect was removable.

No online trader should be shoving shit that affects your purchase or costs money in your checkout basket that you didn't explicitly add I'll die on this hill.
Rides and Touring / Re: Have you been out today?
« Last post by Wowbagger on Today at 09:59:30 pm »
20k in 90 minutes with 499 metres of climbing. Eco mode 40%, tour mode 47%, sport mode 10%, turbo mode 3%. I used about 50% of the battery’s charge.
Audax / Re: Double Dutch, Ship of the Fens 200
« Last post by MsG on Today at 09:56:42 pm »
Yeah, I know that's the traditional way. But I don't like the 'scavenger hunt' aspects involved. I just like to mindlessly cycle :) So for me, the best is a route file with control points and E-Brevet :) But a small part of me hates myself for these reasons, I'd like myself better if I liked the traditional way, but no, I like the modern way ;(
But thanks GdS for planning the route and organising! I look forward to the event! :)

Unfortunately the infos are required in order to a. bring the route up to distance b. avoid A roads in the area (there is just one after the start and a short section after Kings Lynn). I've tried to make them obvious, you pass a sign with the location just before each info. They've since renamed Denver Sluice Denver Complex although it's just 2 large locks where the Bedford Rivers join the Great Ouse. The info is very obvious once you see the question.

I also like the gpx aspect of routes, I found it allowed me to appreciate the scenery rather than a route sheet on the handlebars especially with lots of turns that I didn't have to look for and also at night. But gpx will never completely replace some sort of paper evidence (even if not actually printed) where instant validation is currently done using a brevet card.

I will try e-brevet next year but will check it works myself before the event.

Suggestion for adding distance for future version. There’s a recently opened cyclepath from Landbeach to the Guided Busway. Turn left from Cottenham, down to Landbeach then a short section of farm road followed by smooth tarmac. The farm road is best avoided when the crops are lifted/ploughing but it’s currently rather pleasant. Under A14 bridge, and a wiggle by Orchard Park onto the busway.
« Last post by GavinC on Today at 09:43:04 pm »
PS had an entry from Gavin so you won't be the only Darksider...

I’ll be on an upwrong this time - chasing fixed gear points this season…
Hullo Gavin, you may remember me from night rides past  :)
I do indeed MsG :)
« Last post by MsG on Today at 09:36:15 pm »
PS had an entry from Gavin so you won't be the only Darksider...

I’ll be on an upwrong this time - chasing fixed gear points this season…
Hullo Gavin, you may remember me from night rides past  :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10